Disney Working on Live-Action Adaption of Winnie the Pooh (NOT A JOKE.)

Magenta Panther

I liked the teaser for this, but the trailer...I don't know. Tigger looks creepy, for one. And the apparent story - the toys enter the real world and are running around in it - seems a bit too far-fetched. But we'll see...

brb1006

New poster
c-jqzpImU7kkHv-WYBW97g3LP3Wq0gO5LW5_pfBgDy8.jpg

Rich T

I liked the teaser for this, but the trailer...I don't know. Tigger looks creepy, for one. And the apparent story - the toys enter the real world and are running around in it - seems a bit too far-fetched. But we'll see...
I'll be honest, the Pooh trailer turns my stomach. Apparently in this film Pooh & Co. are "real" and can enter our world and cause mayhem like Smurfs in the awful Live/cgi Smurf films. Skippin' the movie, but at least Bloom County has found a much better use for Pooh & friends...
bill.jpg

brb1006

I'll be honest, the Pooh trailer turns my stomach. Apparently in this film Pooh & Co. are "real" and can enter our world and cause mayhem like Smurfs in the awful Live/cgi Smurf films. Skippin' the movie, but at least Bloom County has found a much better use for Pooh & friends...
View attachment 287888
Don't compare Sony's Live-Action Smurfs films to this. At least the trailer still has charm and doesn't have the characters having a rap number.

Rich T

Don't compare Sony's Live-Action Smurfs films to this. At least the trailer still has charm and doesn't have the characters having a rap number.
Okay, it doesn't look aa awful as the first 2 Smurf films. But the trailer lost me the moment the characters entered the real world and interacted with people who aren't Christopher Robin. That's just.... Gaaaah! Unless there's a plot element they're hiding that makes all this happening in someone's head, I'm ready to call this a freaking travesty. I'll wait to at least hear some feedback about the final film, and hoping this trailer just shows things out of context... because if the fantasy characters in this film *aren't* imaginary, then the film makers just took a huge dump on what Milne's stories are all about. I hope it's otherwise.
(EDIT) I gotta admit, though, all Pooh's lines in the trailer are gold. :D

brb1006

There were reports that the film was doing test screening in Southern California recently. While guests weren't allowed to talk about what happens. They did say that they really enjoyed the film and avoids any tropes seen in any terrile Live-Action family film (Alvin and The Chipmunks and The Smurfs).

Also apparently guests reacted negatively to Chris o Donnel's performance as Tigger during one of those test screenings and could explain why Jim Cummings return as revealed in the latest trailer.

Phroobar

The movie looks pretty predictable. Adult Christopher Robin somehow lands back in the hundred acre woods and meets his toys again. He then has to return to reality. The toys find out that Robin is in trouble and go to the real world to help. We've seen this kind of thing before. Besides how many Christopher Robin movies do we really need?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom