Disney Working on Live-Action Adaption of Winnie the Pooh (NOT A JOKE.)

Brer Panther

Words can not describe how much I, an enormous Winnie the Pooh fan, despise this news. Seriously, if Bob Iger's being fired is the only way to stop this trend of live-action remakes (notice how they only started after he became CEO), I'm starting a petition.

And do you know what the worst thing about this news is? It'll probably make a lot more money than the 2011 movie.

ItlngrlBella

They are announcing and cranking out SO MANY live action movies it feels like the WDC is sitting in a boardroom throwing darts at movies and seeing where they land. Malificent, Cinderella, Beauty & The Beast - ok, yes. Winnie the Pooh live action - makes no sense to me.

erasure fan1

This news is sad and pathetic and I'm sad to say that it is not an April Fools joke.

Disney is Now Working on a Live-Action Adaption of Winnie the Pooh

Is there anything we WON'T see be remade by Disney? I guess it's inevitable by now, and they'll just keep remaking until they run out of movies to retell.
Yea I saw this and just had to shake my head. And don't you worry about them running out of things to re-make because they will just start all over again. Just look at Dumbo and the jungle book, we will have 3 versions when the new ones come out. Well I guess since Disney can't think of anything new, you might as well just bleed all your existing IPs dry.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
As of right now it is a pitch to Disney, they have not bought the idea as of yet. The screen writer has confirmed he pitched to Disney but that is it.

tribbleorlfl

According to Hollywood Reporter, the story is to have CR return to his childhood home as an adult. I'm guessing its going to follow the stories of the authorized sequel from a few years ago and follow a general "rediscovering one's lost childhood innocence, imagination and magic" theme (a la Hook or Toy Story 3). Could be interesting if executed well.

Brer Panther

This plot sounds more like a bad fanfiction than an official movie.

I've read that book you brought up. Some of the stories in there could make for great episodes of a new Pooh TV series. In fact, why AREN'T they making a new Pooh TV series? Wasn't the whole point of the 2011 movie to "bring Pooh back to his roots"? How is adapting some guy's presumably needlessly depressing fanfiction going to help with that?

FoozieBear

Original Poster
I've read that book you brought up. Some of the stories in there could make for great episodes of a new Pooh TV series. In fact, why AREN'T they making a new Pooh TV series? Wasn't the whole point of the 2011 movie to "bring Pooh back to his roots"? How is adapting some guy's presumably needlessly depressing fanfiction going to help with that?

Yeah but they put it up against Harry Potter so it flopped and they gave up hope in the franchise even though it brought in huge amounts of money throughout the decade. And like you said, the sad part is that the live-action movie will make more money, which means animated ones will become a thing of the past.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Yeah but they put it up against Harry Potter so it flopped and they gave up hope in the franchise even though it brought in huge amounts of money throughout the decade. And like you said, the sad part is that the live-action movie will make more money, which means animated ones will become a thing of the past.

Yeah because there have been no animated movies that have made the WDC a buttload of cash recently ...

Brer Panther

Yes, and Disney doesn't even consider that maybe the reason as to why the movie flopped is because they put it up against Harry Potter and just assumes it's because of the art style (if it were CGI, it probably still would've bombed). They did do those "Mini Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" shorts on Disney Junior, and there's gonna be TWO Pooh attractions at Shanghai Disneyland, so I'm not sure if they've given up the franchise or just aren't sure what to do next.

Magenta Panther

Sorry, didn't see this thread before I posted one myself on the same subject.

Anyway...yeah. A live-action Winnie the Pooh.

main-qimg-332e608493bb505fffd45791c1bb83ac

imagineer boy

RIP originality and creativity.

And alright, I'll go ahead and post this before someone else does:

Disney's logic behind these decisions:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom