Disney won't sell us ultimate park hopper..

JPVonDrake

Also, "agdbeanie" is correct in stating that the resort can sell you a UPH for less then the number of nights you are staying, but the Disney Reservation Center can not. You will however be paying the resort prices for the UPH which are more then the advance savings you get by booking the UPH through the reservation center.

CMTinkerbell99

Von Drake is correct

Good Job Van Drake

Disney is not being mean to you. They are only trying to keep you from buying tickets that over lap. If you start out at one resort with an Ultimate Park Hopper that was booked with your reservation and then check into another resort a few days later with an UMP your tickets from your last day of your 1st stay and the 1st day of your UMP tickets for your next stay would overlap. Samething would happen if you had a Dreammaker Package. Any guest is going to be spliting a stay between 2 resorts or more are better off getting Park Hoppers, Park Hopper Plus or getting an annual pass. Annual passes are well worth the money if you will be visiting the parks more than 8 times in a given year. I speak from experence at this suggestion and the informaton about the UMP

A Pixie trying to help

Senderella

Originally posted by joviacdan
Nope - Talked to 2 different travel agents, 2 different Disney cast members and a manager, and they all said the same thing - Can't do it.

Maybe you should get ahold of Pam and see what she can do for you? Shes on the planning section of this board as "kingdom konsultants". If there's a way im sure she can figure it out!

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
I get what Disney is saying. There's no defending it.

This is simple - There is no reason they couldn't sell me an 8 night UPH pass. Am I supposed to believe that a rep from the All Star Movie resort can't call a rep at Old Key West and say "We have a guest checking out of here, and checking in with you today. He and his guest have paid for an 8 night UPH. Please activate their cards for a 5 night UPH."

Of course they could do this. They won't because they are ebing difficult - Plain and simple.

Disney Hog

Not to be critical, but it looks to me that you should have purchased an Annual Pass last October. The pass is good for 365 days and not just the current year or season. You could have had free admission in February and have already paid for your September trip.

Are you planning on going back anytime next year? You might want to bite the bullet and spend a little more now and come back several times through the next year. Not only will you qualify for extra discounts, but it will allow some spontaneous trips throughout your personal year.

Just a suggestion.

By the way first posting. I've been lurking for too long. :sohappy:

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
You know, you're right. That's what I should have done. Especially, since I'm planning on going back around May of next year.

Unfortunately, I already ordered and paid for my park tickets.

Oh well - Lesson learned.

Gagesmom314

So if the UPH is for length of stay why have we been told that the longest you can have one for is 10 days? We were going to stay for 14 days at Pop Century and were told that 10 days is the longest. Anyone else had this problem?!

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Haven't had that problem myself, but heard about it.

Just another thing I don't get about Disney. Why can't they increase the days on an UPH pass to 14 days?

If you're going for 14 days, and you're going to Disney everyday, no doubt about it - You best off buying an annual pass.

barnum42

Originally posted by joviacdan
You know, you're right. That's what I should have done. Especially, since I'm planning on going back around May of next year.

Unfortunately, I already ordered and paid for my park tickets.

Oh well - Lesson learned.

I realise given the problems you have had so far, but it may be worth your while asking if you can pay the extra now and get year passes.

Disney Hog

I agree, its worth a shot. It could be worth a call or quick trip to the Disney Store. With receipts and vouchers in hand it should be considered as an exchange. It could be a huge savings for you in the long run.

Give it a whirl.

pepsistar

:lookaroun As far as I know you can always change your tickets until they are activated? and always upgrade at any time. I know you have tried everything but had you thought of the annual pass' and then the annual waterpark pass' We bought those for my daughter and granson last year. Do not remember if they had an option for Pleasure Island with it or not?? Just a thought! ( Then you will have the whole year to use them again, & again--- good excuse to come more? Hummmmm )

I understand what you are going through-- we had a problem with tickets last year tooo very upsetting. However, like you said it is Disney and if you want to go, and we here all do, you finally end up giving in-- :cry:

We had ( florida resident ) seasonal pass' and wanted to upgrade to the annual for the summer ( we are blocked out then ) and were told we could not as they had expired to long ago-- :cry: Mine was OK, but not my daughter or grandsons--

Well, I finally spoke to someone who said they would do it--- ( at City Hall MK ) as a one time thing, and when we got there, she was not working and they would not do it! Even though she had made a note on the computer in my name!! However, we did check another place and the CM there, after hearing all the problems, gave us a comp. pass' for the day with a free fastpass' for test track sooooo there is still hope!!

Good Luck! Hope you have a wonderful time-- Owwwwww I want to go!!! :lol:

We had something happen that was kind of similar to what you are going thru, and Disney CAN do it.

Because we had annual passes that expired in the middle of our stay one time, we were going to use those for the first 1/2 of our trip and buy the ultimate park hopper for the second 1/2.

What they did for us was make a "fake" reservation for the days we needed the UPH. We got seperate "room keys" to serve as our passes.

The only downsides were that it took a few trips to the front desk before we found a CM who knew how to do this (actually asked for a manager, but the CM at the front desk helped us without the need to go that far), and if you loose one of those cards, you are out of luck, they can't replace it.

The point being Disney CAN do it, and it is in such a way that it doesn't matter where you are staying on property.

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
I actually just spoke to someone in the executive offices at Disney. She was calling me in regards to somehting else that happened on a previous trip.

I asked her about it and she said it couldn't be done. I know it can be. But honestly, at this point, I think we have things pretty well squared away. We have the 7 day park hopper. We'll each have 2 extra theme park ticket from another park hopper. I mean, last time, we never even hit a water park. can't imagine spending any more than 1 day at one on this trip. So, the only thing we'll have to limit in reality is our trips to Pleasure Island. No big deal.

Thanks everyone for your advice though. I really appreciate it. Nice to have a Disney board like this to come on before your trip. Helps make the time go by faster. Makes you almost feel like you're already there just talking about it.
:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom