Disney won't sell us ultimate park hopper..

tigsmom

I hope everything works out for you. WDW is the place to lose your cares, not get some new ones. :lol:

I never really thought about your ticket situation since people change resorts all the time (though we have never tried it). Maybe you can call Pam at Kingdom Konsultants (she is a sponser & a member here) I know she is very knowledgable and works wonders. Good Luck! :wave:

barnum42

Start your complaint with a standard CM, then work your way up through management until you can get as high as you can.

Ask them this question:

"Morally justify Disney's stance on this".

When they fudge the issue, repeat the question.

When you get to talk to someone high enough they will decide that they have better things to do than talk to you and will give you what they should have in the first place.

Whilst I have not tried this with Disney, I have tried it with an even worse company - an airline company when trying to change a no-class ticket. I made it all the way up to a British Airways director and managed to change the flight by two days.

Inform Savedisney.con, the Orlando Sentinel and any other papers that would find this an interesting story.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by joviacdan
We're staying at the All Star Movies for 3 nights, and Old Key West for 5 nights. That's a total of 8 nights on Disney property.
I'd either allter the booking to all 8 days at ASM and get the pass that way, or, leave your booking, turn up at ASM and then complain in a very loud voice as you're checking in - I think to avoid embarressment something will give.
As it stands - it stinks :mad:

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Yeah, looked into that - Not a good idea.

First off, it would be more expensive. Secondly, we got a a great deal at Old Key West.

It'll all work out. I mean, we won't get to the hotel from the airport the first day until about 2:00. So, we'll probably just hang by the pool for a bit, go to Downtown Disney, and have a nice dinner. We'll just start up on Friday from scratch, and have no problems. We figured, we usually spend half a day at waterparks, so we'll just go on a day when we go to Animal Kingdom. Afetr half a day there, I'm ready to get out...:hammer:

SnowWhite5669

Thanks - We will.

Hey, I could argue u til I'm blue in the face.

When it comes right down to it- You've got 2 choices. Don't go, or suck it up and deal with it.

Let's face it - It's Disney World and I know I'll cave.

As angry as I was, later on Saturday, we were at the Disney Store in the mall. By the time, we walked out of the sore, I was already counting the seconds until we leave.

Which Disney Store? I was working on Saturday!

oochr1soo

Just out of curiousity why cant you have two different reservations? So you would have an ultimate park hopper for the frist hotel.. then that reservation is done, then the next reservation youd have an ultimate park hopper for those days..

Or is that what your trying to do and they say isnt possible?

Chris

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
We could technically do that, but then the price would come out to over $550 for the passes.

A 3 day Ultimate Park Hopper is about $220, and a 5 day is about $330.

oochr1soo

i see.. that definately sucks that they are screwing you over.. hope everything works out.

from bellingham? i live in medway actually..

Chris

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Yup - Good ol' Bellingham. My sister lives in Medway.

Everything will work out just fine. I think I'm past the days of needing to go to Pleasure Island every night anyways. I'm much happier walking around the Marketplace these days.

skibum

Switchin resorts and Ultimate park hoppers

Thats strange that they will not let you get the length of stay pass. in 2002, i stayed one night at all star music resort and 2 nights at the contemporary. I ended up with a length of stay pass for the entire 3 nights. I think it was the ultimate park hopper too. i had access to all 4 parks, and one trip to each water park along with pleasure island and disneyquest. I was staying with my military id so that may be why the pass was different. not sure this helps, but food for thought maybe.

agdbeanie

Just buy your ultimate park hoppers when you check in at each resort. They can knock off the 1st and last days too if you need them to. When you check in at the first resort, buy length of stay tickets for the time you at that resort, then when you check in at the next resort, do the same thing. They'll do it this way, but you'll just have to wait until you get there. This is something they do at the front desk at check-in. When you check in they usually ask you if you need park tickets and if you do they'll give you your options.

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Yeah - We looked into that.

It would cost us $200 and $300 respectively - A total of $500.

lavitzt

I'm not sure when you are going in sept. but check the disney website it looks like the advance ticket price is 384.00 for an eight day ulitmate hopper an the annual is 379.00 hope you get this straight and have a good time

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Exactly - The problem is Disney won't sell us the Ultimate Park Hopper because of the staying in 2 hotels. That's the whole point.

And that price for an annual pass is for the theme parks alone. Doesn't include the water parks or Pleasure Island.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Nope - There is nothing they can do.

Only other option is to sell us a 3 day Ultimate Park Hopper, then sell us a 5 day Ultimate Park Hopper. To go that route would run us about $800 per person.

No thanks.

I have actually had to do this for clients. I had to book the UPH on a separate reservation # in order to get them the tickets. Disney is not making it very easy for anyone anymore I'm sad to say.

Trying to talk to guest services about a problem is pointless.

Pam

Dusty

Given that you are staying for three nights at the first hotel (which, if I understand correctly, is the minimum number of nights necessary to be eligible for UPH passes), and five at the second hotel, can you break your reservation into two reservations with UPH passes for each stay, rather than trying to get one UPH for the entire length of your stay? It shouldn't be any more effort, since you'll have to check in at Old Key West anyway, so you'll pick up your new passes at check-in.

Good luck!

JPVonDrake

Just to clarify, an Ultimate Park Hopper (UPH) is not a separate ticket; it is a Length of Stay admission that is tied directly to your resort stay. It is active the moment you check in (or pre-register if you arrive before the 3 pm check-in time) and remains active until midnight on the day you are scheduled to check out, meaning it is good for 1 day longer then the number of nights you are staying. It is encoded on your room key and therefore cannot be extended beyond your check out day or be shorten for less then your entire length of stay.

When you stay at two resorts you will always have two separate reservations, even if you are not made aware of both reservation numbers. You CAN purchase UPHs for each stay but since you are checking in to your second resort on the same day you checked out of your first resort, the two UPHs will overlap for that day. There is no way around that fact. So yes that is why you may be discouraged to purchase a UPH, since you are paying for both passes on your transition day between resorts.

Also note that the longer you stay at a Disney resort the per-day cost is less on the UPH, so a 7 night / 8 day UPH will cost less then the total cost of a 3 night / 4 day UPH plus a 4 night / 5 day. This is another reason why you would be discouraged from purchasing the UPH's by Disney Reservation Agents. The prices are encoded into the computer systems and cannot be changed or modified on a case by case bases.

Have you considered getting the 4 Day Park Hopper Ticket for your 3 night stay and the UPH for your 5 night stay? That may be your best solution since the 4th day on the park hopper (your transition day) could be saved for a future trip?

I hope this helps explain the situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom