Disney Wish

poster

If they push it back two more weeks, I'll get to be on the maiden voyage.
No, they'll cancel you and let the folks who already paid for the maiden voyage get your slot. That's what happened to me this time. We aren't complaining though, we rescheduled from a 3 night to a 4 night out of Miami on the Dream and are saving $2,000 with the 50% discount they gave us. Fine with me.

EOD K9

No, they'll cancel you and let the folks who already paid for the maiden voyage get your slot. That's what happened to me this time. We aren't complaining though, we rescheduled from a 3 night to a 4 night out of Miami on the Dream and are saving $2,000 with the 50% discount they gave us. Fine with me.
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

ToTBellHop

Looks nice…probably should be a little bigger…but it’s definitely going to be nice
I like that it’s bigger than the last two ships but same passenger number. There are additional facilities not found on Dream or Fantasy. Looking forward to this. I was on one of the canceled July cruises so I got the 12/26 cruise half price! Came out cheaper than a Royal Caribbean cruise, which says a lot about how crazy Disney Cruise fares are but we are happy to benefit from this one-time-deal.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I like that it’s bigger than the last two ships but same passenger number. There are additional facilities not found on Dream or Fantasy. Looking forward to this. I was on one of the canceled July cruises so I got the 12/26 cruise half price! Came out cheaper than a Royal Caribbean cruise, which says a lot about how crazy Disney Cruise fares are but we are happy to benefit from this one-time-deal.
It’s about 15,000 T bigger than the last…so that’s good.
I think they should have gone to the Size of an Quantum Class - however - 168,000 T

those ships are large enough for a lot of room to augment/expand without feeling as massive as they are.
One thing dcl has not done is build for the future.

I’m sure this ship will be alot nicer than the price/value will be.

ChuckElias

It’s about 15,000 T bigger than the last…so that’s good.
I think they should have gone to the Size of an Quantum Class - however - 168,000 T

those ships are large enough for a lot of room to augment/expand without feeling as massive as they are.
One thing dcl has not done is build for the future.

I’m sure this ship will be alot nicer than the price/value will be.

Serious question. Why are you here? Why do you come to a Disney fan site when all you do is say how bad DCL is doing things. You're only interested in a Quantum class size ship when we all know DCL doesn't do that. And the people who sail DCL LIKE it that way.

So maybe you're just in the wrong forum. I'm sure there's a Royal Caribbean fan forum where you can proclaim your love of the megaship experience and tell everyone that DCL ships are too small and overpriced.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Serious question. Why are you here? Why do you come to a Disney fan site when all you do is say how bad DCL is doing things. You're only interested in a Quantum class size ship when we all know DCL doesn't do that. And the people who sail DCL LIKE it that way.

So maybe you're just in the wrong forum. I'm sure there's a Royal Caribbean fan forum where you can proclaim your love of the megaship experience and tell everyone that DCL ships are too small and overpriced.
I’m sailing on the Magic in December and am very excited about it. I have only ever sailed the Dream and Fantasy so I’m really looking forward to the smaller ship. Many people I know prefer that size more than not. Can’t wait to experience it.

Also will be sailing on Royal Caribbeans mariner of the seas this summer. Definitely one of their smaller ships but it was refurbished just a few years ago. The mega ships don’t appeal to me much. Not my style, and according to my in laws, “Lines. Lines. Lines. “ The largest RCL I have done is Liberty of the Seas, part of the freedom class.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I rarely comment on DVC. It’s not my jam.

but it is yours…which is why it’s constant praise.

we done? Enjoy the cruise. 🛳

by the way…where’d you get all that rant? Just an opinion and compliments too. Not personal, Chapek

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m sailing on the Magic in December and am very excited about it. I have only ever sailed the Dream and Fantasy so I’m really looking forward to the smaller ship. Many people I know prefer that size more than not. Can’t wait to experience it.

Also will be sailing on Royal Caribbeans mariner of the seas this summer. Definitely one of their smaller ships but it was refurbished just a few years ago. The mega ships don’t appeal to me much. Not my style, and according to my in laws, “Lines. Lines. Lines. “ The largest RCL I have done is Liberty of the Seas, part of the freedom class.
You know I was less of a fan of Royal caribbean ships when mariner was rhe “mega ship”

the last 7 years I’ve been lucky enough to go on 5 of the larger/new classes.

2 oasis (allure and symphony)
1 freedom (freedom)
2 quantum (anthem and quantum)

I haven’t had the “lines” incidents that I know many have. I guess we’ve been lucky.

I do like their ships…not necessarily because they’re huge. Also love celebrity 2 - times in the last 10 years

I’ve also done 2 Disney in that period. When Chuck gets done breathing into a bag…I could say what I like about those too…always nice. Hard to argue the price.

dcl fans get triggered on price. There’s no mincing words on that…but there doesn’t need to be. “I like Disney and can pay for dcl so I’m a fan”. Real simple.

BrianLo

The price argument is legitimate. Sure Disney hotels are out of whack, but the parks are essentially in the same ballpark as their major competitor.

I'm not sure exactly what DCL offers to run 3x the cost of NCL or RCCL. The latter two of which ARE nice.

Which I actually suspect partially boils down to there simply aren't enough DCL ships. They should be launching their 10th, not their 5th.

ToTBellHop

The price argument is legitimate. Sure Disney hotels are out of whack, but the parks are essentially in the same ballpark as their major competitor.

I'm not sure exactly what DCL offers to run 3x the cost of NCL or RCCL. The latter two of which ARE nice.

Which I actually suspect partially boils down to there simply aren't enough DCL ships. They should be launching their 10th, not their 5th.
You’ve explained why they are only building ship 5.

I haven’t sailed during Covid, but prior, DCL definitely provided higher quality service than Royal Caribbean, which seems to be their biggest competitor for families. With that said, I just booked a 4-night sailing (balcony room) on the Wish where most people were charged $9000, which feels asinine. We got 50% off, so I am super pleased as it pulled it down into the ballpark of a similar Royal cruise on an older ship.

We are sailing on the Wish and Wonder of the Seas this year. I will be curious to compare the newest and best from both lines. Also paying half price on Wonder OTS due to Covid cancellations. It’s been one silver lining of COVID for us. These are both long-delayed 2020 (then 2021…) cruises.

I do get the general impression that as my kids become tweens, we may prefer Royal. Happy to sail once more with DCL while they are only 9. Wish I could slide down into the Oceaneer’s Club…

Walt d

Maybe. You should kick in 20,000000 so they can! Ok mate’ right’

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You’ve explained why they are only building ship 5.

I haven’t sailed during Covid, but prior, DCL definitely provided higher quality service than Royal Caribbean, which seems to be their biggest competitor for families. With that said, I just booked a 4-night sailing (balcony room) on the Wish where most people were charged $9000, which feels asinine. We got 50% off, so I am super pleased as it pulled it down into the ballpark of a similar Royal cruise on an older ship.

We are sailing on the Wish and Wonder of the Seas this year. I will be curious to compare the newest and best from both lines. Also paying half price on Wonder OTS due to Covid cancellations. It’s been one silver lining of COVID for us. These are both long-delayed 2020 (then 2021…) cruises.

I do get the general impression that as my kids become tweens, we may prefer Royal. Happy to sail once more with DCL while they are only 9. Wish I could slide down into the Oceaneer’s Club…
They absolutely do not. It’s the biggest myth out there. I’ve had great service on Royal and fairly ordinary on Disney. I’m sure other have had the opposite. Which means that the stance it’s uniform is likely false.

Disney does have less ships intentionally…which does keep their prices up. No argument.

And then there’s the “D”. You demonstrated it here. There is really no reason to go anywhere near the wonder…it’s 25 years old and has had almost nothing updated. It’s a floating relic at sea compared to nearly all the other ships out there. If you’re in the same staleness as carnival triumph…you just might have an issue.

Now If the pricing was dynamic to reflect this? Then it makes much more sense…

ToTBellHop

They absolutely do not. It’s the biggest myth out there. I’ve had great service on Royal and fairly ordinary on Disney. I’m sure other have had the opposite. Which means that the stance it’s uniform is likely false.

Disney does have less ships intentionally…which does keep their prices up. No argument.

And then there’s the “D”. You demonstrated it here. There is really no reason to go anywhere near the wonder…it’s 25 years old and has had almost nothing updated. It’s a floating relic at sea compared to nearly all the other ships out there. If you’re in the same staleness as carnival triumph…you just might have an issue.

Now If the pricing was dynamic to reflect this? Then it makes much more sense…
I should have added an “IMHO”. With that said, I don’t think it is worth $9000 for 4 nights, so this will be our one and only time on the Wish if their pricing model remains unchanged (no reason to expect otherwise). My kids will prefer the ships with water parks, flowriders, zip lines, and more soon enough.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I was wondering how they were going to handle this. Thank you for sharing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom