Disney Wish

ChuckElias

I rarely comment on DVC. It’s not my jam.

but it is yours…which is why it’s constant praise.

You just have no clue. I do not simply praise DCL. I am critical when necessary, and I am realistic about the pricing differences between DCL and other lines. Your posts constantly proclaim the benefits of the "mega ships" and that's fine. You enjoy that and you don't enjoy DIsney's smaller ships. That is a completely valid position to hold. But you seem incapable of understanding that Disney fans are HAPPY that Disney doesn't produce the mega ships.

So I just don't think that this is the right forum for you. You don't like the product that we're discussing, and yet you repeatedly come back here just to tell us that Disney needs to make a mega ship because the current ships are too expensive for what they offer.

I've never put anyone on "ignore" on this forum. Until today. I'm tired of your tired shtick. Welcome to Ignoresville. Population: you.

Cesar R M

You know I was less of a fan of Royal caribbean ships when mariner was rhe “mega ship”

the last 7 years I’ve been lucky enough to go on 5 of the larger/new classes.

2 oasis (allure and symphony)
1 freedom (freedom)
2 quantum (anthem and quantum)

I haven’t had the “lines” incidents that I know many have. I guess we’ve been lucky.

I do like their ships…not necessarily because they’re huge. Also love celebrity 2 - times in the last 10 years

I’ve also done 2 Disney in that period. When Chuck gets done breathing into a bag…I could say what I like about those too…always nice. Hard to argue the price.

dcl fans get triggered on price. There’s no mincing words on that…but there doesn’t need to be. “I like Disney and can pay for dcl so I’m a fan”. Real simple.
You are definitively lucky. I have been on both the original Oasis and the Allure prior to pandemics, and there were always lines (albeit small) on the main buffet, the breakfast on the central park and the dinning room. Where they were particularly large lines.
Otherwise, I'm ok.
I like the cozy smaller size ships myself for Disney.
Besides, regardless of price, I'd say that Disney would charge the same or even more.

The prices I have seen are always cheaper on the Magic and Wonder than the Dream, with the Fantasy being the most expensive most of the time.

LittleMerman

Concept art for Disney Wish stage shows.

The Little Mermaid:
2uith7yiug3ht2gwredf.jpg

28p9uit478y1i3t435909oi24531233.jpg

28p9uit478y1i3t435909oi24531232.jpg

Disney Seas the Adventure:
317yugh1j3yr6tyuhj322.jpg

317yugh1j3yr6tyuhj323.jpg

DCBaker

Premium Member
"More than a decade has passed since a Disney Cruise Line ship traveled the slow 20-mile river trip from Meyer Werft shipyard out to sea.
Disney Wish began the tugboat-assisted conveyance on the Ems River today, leaving Papenberg, Germany where the inland company churns out cruise ships, but hasn’t seen Mickey ears since Disney Fantasy left the building in 2012.

The 1,119-foot-long, 128-foot-wide ship has a tight squeeze for the trip that will take it first to Eemshaven, Netherlands before it heads out for sea trials in the North Sea. The shipyard has a lot of practice getting vessels up the river, traveling only 3-5 mph at most and dragging the massive vessels out facing backward."

"The ship won’t be handed over to Disney Cruise Line until after it has completed a series of sea trials to prove its seaworthiness, and won’t make the transatlantic sailing to Florida until June

While it’s slated to arrive to Port Canaveral then, it won’t have its inaugural sailing until July 14, first sailing with cast members and media on a series of short trial voyages before its debut."

Video clip -

BrianLo

You’ve explained why they are only building ship 5.

I haven’t sailed during Covid, but prior, DCL definitely provided higher quality service than Royal Caribbean, which seems to be their biggest competitor for families. With that said, I just booked a 4-night sailing (balcony room) on the Wish where most people were charged $9000, which feels asinine. We got 50% off, so I am super pleased as it pulled it down into the ballpark of a similar Royal cruise on an older ship.

We are sailing on the Wish and Wonder of the Seas this year. I will be curious to compare the newest and best from both lines. Also paying half price on Wonder OTS due to Covid cancellations. It’s been one silver lining of COVID for us. These are both long-delayed 2020 (then 2021…) cruises.

I do get the general impression that as my kids become tweens, we may prefer Royal. Happy to sail once more with DCL while they are only 9. Wish I could slide down into the Oceaneer’s Club…

I just had a revelation!!

When booking Disney Cruise Line, the advertised price are inclusive of Two guests, taxes, port fees.

NCL, RCL, Celebrity, Princess, etc. usually post their per-person price (WITHOUT taxes, port fees).

I just needed to share this because for years I have balked at DCL ironically because they are more honest. This is also why I chronically believed Disney cruises cost 3x more than their competitors.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Today, Port Canaveral commissioners unanimously approved a multi-day special event request from Disney Cruise Line to welcome the Disney Wish. Currently, the Disney Wish is scheduled to arrive early on June 20, 2022."

"This multi-day event will take place in Port Canaveral on June 20th (ship arrival at CT8 and CT10), and June 29th (ship christening at CT8). According to the documents published by Port Canaveral, the Christening ceremony will take place at Cruise Terminal 8 on June 29th. Disney Cruise Line will conduct on-site installation and event rehearsals from June 16th – June 28th. The technical and structural elements that Disney Cruise Line will provide include bleachers, stage, audio towers, light towers, video walls, generators, tents, and special effects."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom