Disney Wish

aliceismad

It's not character dining, it's character theming in the decor. Beauty and the Beast characters are featured in the adult-only restaurants -- Cogsworth in Palo and Lumiere in the other one.

Interesting. I think the subtle nods to characters - like the cogs on the ceiling - are delightful and not at all "in your face." I think the renderings of the dining areas and The Rose lounge are lovely. To me, since the original BatB is now 30 years old, this feels both sentimental and sophisticated.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Here are the highlights of today’s big reveal:

Disney Cruise Line’s first-ever outdoor spa retreat, complete with whirlpool spas, plush loungers and plenty of space for open-air yoga sessions.

Untangled Salon and Hook’s Barbery, our first standalone salon and barbershop experiences, each inspired by a classic Walt Disney Animation Studios film.

Three new upscale bars and lounges, now infused with more storytelling and spread out among the ship’s other core gathering places for a more flexible, free-flow experience."

dothebrdwalk

Um, did anyone see this in the video? Figment on a Disney Cruise?!?! WHAT COULD THIS BE FOR!!
E7eGXfqVoAIBxGK.jpeg

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

sullyinMT

Inflatables...

Am I reading the deck plan correctly that this is the sports court area, open air but enclosed a little by deck 13 above? If that’s correct, and this is a new use for select hours instead of all-day ping pong, basketball, etc, then fine. More options for fun are a good thing. I’d just hate inflatables blocking beautiful sea views or swallowing sun space the way NCL’s laser tag and go-karts do. But they had better really soundproof the shared wall with Enchanté better that the deck 5 staterooms immediately adjacent the clubs because I’ve lost many naps in 5650 on the Fantasy while the boys play whatevertheheck next door 🤣.

Also, who named the “Jack-Jack Whack a Rac”??? Any father of a toddler past or present has decided as of today to avoid that game 🤪

This makes me so sad. It looks like DCL is going to go down the WDW path of cheap experiences and cost cutting. The cruise line is just too expensive to have something like this no matter how fun a kids might have on it for 10 minutes. Where is the creativity or imagineers on this? It literally is a run of the mill blow up with two incredible logos. Just so sad and pathetic for Disney to try this.

sullyinMT

This makes me so sad. It looks like DCL is going to go down the WDW path of cheap experiences and cost cutting. The cruise line is just too expensive to have something like this no matter how fun a kids might have on it for 10 minutes. Where is the creativity or imagineers on this? It literally is a run of the mill blow up with two incredible logos. Just so sad and pathetic for Disney to try this.
True, but it’s one experience. Plus, removable inflatables are less of an eyesore than crane arms, roller coasters, go kart tracks, etc. I, for one, appreciate that even with the aquaduck or funnel drop slide, the DCL ships make a real effort to maintain classic lines among their ships.

The Aquamouse looks like a good upgrade to Aquaduck. New animation, screen integration, etc. hopefully it comes
together seamlessly, but they certainly didn’t go cheap there. I’ll withhold judgement on Avengers dining, but paying talent to film scenes wasn’t free, either. The hyperspace bar or whatever it’s called (Star Wars lounge), looks like a plussed Skyline. Not my theming cup of tea for a ship (I’d prefer a lounge “extension” of 1923, a Hollywood speakeasy of sorts), but certainly not mailed in.

I don’t care for the inflatables per se, but I’m more disappointed that DCL is putting Wish on annoyingly short 3-4 night sailings. I know they’re bread and butter cash cows, but I prefer middle to longer cruises.

Last edited:

sullyinMT

Same. But somewhat expected. I’m sure the next one coming up will go on the 7 nighters.
It’s certainly understood from a business standpoint. Didn’t Dream pay for herself much quicker than expected because of it? But, dang, even 4 nights isn’t enough to “do it all,” or even half, without being exhausted and in need of another vacation. Maybe we just need to finally do a B2B?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It’s certainly understood from a business standpoint. Didn’t Dream pay for herself much quicker than expected because of it? But, dang, even 4 nights isn’t enough to “do it all,” or even half, without being exhausted and in need of another vacation. Maybe we just need to finally do a B2B?
Usually if we do a short cruise like this, I try to combine with with a couple nights at WDW.
But yes, I would take all 7+ nighters if I could. Less rush. More enjoyable. My next is a 5 night in December of next year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom