Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

216bruce

Ok, if you are staying at AKL I assume you need to get to EPCOT to get a shuttle for transport to ESPN during the listed hours for race start and then after the race get a shuttle back to the hotel from EPCOT? Never stayed at a non-host resort before. WL (our DVC home resort) was booked up when I registered. HELP!

Texas84

Ok, if you are staying at AKL I assume you need to get to EPCOT to get a shuttle for transport to ESPN during the listed hours for race start and then after the race get a shuttle back to the hotel from EPCOT? Never stayed at a non-host resort before. WL (our DVC home resort) was booked up when I registered. HELP!

I'll be in the 'Old Guy' section of corral D with you. :)

AKL is not a host? I'm at OKW and runDisney told me I would have to get myself to Epcot (drive or taxi), then you line up and get shuttled to ESPN for the start, finish at Epcot, get yourself back to your resort (drive or taxi).

216bruce

AKL is not a host? I'm at OKW and runDisney told me I would have to get myself to Epcot (drive or taxi), then you line up and get shuttled to ESPN for the start, finish at Epcot, get yourself back to your resort (drive or taxi).
Yeah. Not a host. I wish I had known that when I booked the room.
I guess I'm going taxi back to AKL and taking a resort bus to EPCOT for the ESPN shuttle.

Sumrdog

Are SSR or Port Orleans host resorts? I know there is not an official walkway but I walked from OKW to SSR along the golf course once. Or does that boat that goes to DD stop at either of them? If you could easily get to one of those resorts and use their bus that would save you some money at least traveling to the race. I have no ideas for AKL. that's a bummer.

Texas84

Yeah. Not a host. I wish I had known that when I booked the room.
I guess I'm going taxi back to AKL and taking a resort bus to EPCOT for the ESPN shuttle.

Good point on the resort bus to Epcot. It won't be a long walk to the shuttle loading. You can't miss it. A long line of busses with a long line of runners waiting to get on the busses (it moves fast). Then, like you said, up to you to get back. Full disclosure: I have no experience with taxi service during the events. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Are SSR or Port Orleans host resorts?

Yes they are! The full list is in the event guide.

AUPr8Hd

One of the stories floating around the interwebz is there were some issues with them at the expo. If you forget them at home, then there is supposed to be a booth at the expo to handle any issues. I believe they'll be able to do an on the spot replacement because they can deactivate the other one

RiceCrispyMickey

Mine came last week too, shipped to the UK which I was surprised about. I thought they'd just make us fetch it there because we are international. So exciting getting post from America!!!

psherman42

A couple questions for anybody who has done the Wine and Dine half before. I'm staying at All Star Sports next weekend. How early would you recommend getting a bus over to ESPN? Also, it looks like I'm in corral K (ugh). What would be an approximate start time for that corral? Like 11?

Texas84

A couple questions for anybody who has done the Wine and Dine half before. I'm staying at All Star Sports next weekend. How early would you recommend getting a bus over to ESPN? Also, it looks like I'm in corral K (ugh). What would be an approximate start time for that corral? Like 11?

Busses start at 7:00 PM. The race program says no later than 8:00 PM. I recommend heading to the bus stop at 7.

Figure about 5 minutes between corrals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom