Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Was gonna say the tall guy in the back, lol.

How's Epcot? Flooded, even more puddles?
It’s a sea of ponchos out here. Testing out Genie+ today may have been one of my poorer decisions. Test Track is the only thing that might’ve needed it, but it’s been closed all day. Most everything else included is walk on or sub-15 min. Just waiting on my Rat virtual queue then park hopping. Anybody know if multi-experience passes will follow you to a different park with the Genie system?

Last edited:

Furiated

It’s a sea of ponchos out here. Testing out Genie+ today may have been one of my poorer decisions. Test Track is the only thing that might’ve needed it, but it’s been closed all day. Most everything else included is walk on or sub-15 min. Just waiting on my Remus virtual queue then park hopping. Anybody know if multi-experience passes will follow you to a different park with the Genie system?

That's a good question. Previously when I've had a multi experience pass on my account I had to go to Guest Services to change it to a different park.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I'm curious what you all thought about the Start groups and if it worked different than how they did corrals in the past?
Also congrats to all of you today and best of luck tomorrow and Sunday!

surfsupdon

I’m loving to be back! Hi friends.

Attachments

• 918D3CA6-FA28-45FD-A559-3225D5A483DD.png
    918D3CA6-FA28-45FD-A559-3225D5A483DD.png
    232 KB · Views: 71
  • B92E2C0A-7658-472A-BB2F-2A4AA92A8D0E.png
    B92E2C0A-7658-472A-BB2F-2A4AA92A8D0E.png
    427.1 KB · Views: 60

Demarke

Premium Member
Sorry, I meant for the half marathon at 3AM
The guide says we’ve got to be in the Epcot lot by 3:30AM to catch the buses (probably earlier than today due to more extensive road closures). My offsite hotel is a short hop, but will probably leave 2:30 or 2:45 to try to get to Epcot before 3:00 to get to MK in time to either get a photo or two or get to the corral before I find myself all the way at the back 😁

I saw a post on Reddit today that some folks were apparently sent to the monorails to get to MK before the 10k. I arrived at Epcot today at 3:45 and was still directed to the buses, so I’m not sure if that was just the contingency plan for late arrivals or something they’ve done if they’ve had a shortage of charter bus availability this year. Did anyone here experience that today?

EDIT: apparently they were sending people that parked in Discover toward the monorails (at least according to the person I asked that got to Epcot about 3:30), I parked in Create and was sent toward the buses.

The moral of the story, if you prefer buses and a shorter walk, stay to the left lanes after the toll booths and try to get to the Create lot if they are parking people in both! 😁

Last edited:

Demarke

Premium Member
Were friends and family able to be at the end of the race for racers?

The spectator page is wholly insufficient.

Thanks!
Yep, they have several small bleachers and a grandstand set up at the finish and food truck vendors there, and a big “Welcome RunDisney Fans” sign in the finish area. (Thumbnails below I took before the 5k)

C2DB8B30-8006-4CD7-B648-218CA232EBCD.jpegDFB55E0B-2E43-461A-8AD4-6BB352955DA1.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom