Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Texas84

Geez...I got G. I submitted my estimated finish at 2:25 which is what my best half marathon was. I was hoping to get a better corral but they put me right where I belong I guess.

Maybe there is some adjustment for numbers? I really should have been C.

bswanntastic

Hello Everyone!

So... I am from SD and have a bib for the Wine & Dine Half... but I have no plane ticket nor place to stay out there, and now no job so I can't exactly afford either unless I dip into my savings. Does anyone know if I can transfer the bib to anyone else? AND perhaps where I could find that someone else? I am also slated to get the coast-to-coast medal with this race, but again.. things are tough... I'd love any suggestions!

p.s. please let me know if this is not the right place to post this, I was just directed to these forums today and this is my first post!

Texas84

Hello Everyone!

So... I am from SD and have a bib for the Wine & Dine Half... but I have no plane ticket nor place to stay out there, and now no job so I can't exactly afford either unless I dip into my savings. Does anyone know if I can transfer the bib to anyone else? AND perhaps where I could find that someone else? I am also slated to get the coast-to-coast medal with this race, but again.. things are tough... I'd love any suggestions!

p.s. please let me know if this is not the right place to post this, I was just directed to these forums today and this is my first post!

Welcome! Sorry for the bad news, but transfers are not allowed.

Ariel484

Thank you for this info (re:transfer) and the welcome! Certainly these bibs are in high demand for people who didn't get to sign up on time though... No?
Another welcome. :)

They are in high demand, yes, but runDisney doesn't have a legal transfer process in place right now. They specifically say so in their FAQ section.

bswanntastic

Another welcome. :)

They are in high demand, yes, but runDisney doesn't have a legal transfer process in place right now. They specifically say so in their FAQ section.

You know... it makes one feel good to be welcomed :) Thank you :)

I understand there is no legal transfer process, but... might anyone here know of a place where I can offer the bib to someone else? OR where I might look for roommates to split a hotel with if I can swing getting a plane ticket this late in the game?

Disneymom201

I'll be in Corral C but don't plan on finishing in that time as I'll be the dork stopping for pics along the way. It's my first Disney run....getting super excited!!!! Anyone else in C...I'm running solo...would love to meet up!

dancingtodisney

We'll be coral H...!! So only about 6-7THOUSAND runners ahead of me :eek:
This is the first big race I've ever run so that just sounds crazy!

Couple of questions:

I don't think I've received any e-mails or anything from Disney about the race, is that normal? It's just that people keep mentioning mails?

I noticed when I searced our names for the proof time and the waiver that I put my boyfriends birthday in backwards (we do dd-mm-yyyy in Europe so I mixed up the dd and mm) woud that be a probably at all?

Does anybody have the link for runner tracking? I've tried searching for it and just seem to be going in circles!

More importantly are we all planning on meeting somewhere before the race?

Also... TWO WEEKS TODAY UNTIL I FLY TO ORLANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Kristia

Couple of questions:

I don't think I've received any e-mails or anything from Disney about the race, is that normal? It's just that people keep mentioning mails?

I noticed when I searced our names for the proof time and the waiver that I put my boyfriends birthday in backwards (we do dd-mm-yyyy in Europe so I mixed up the dd and mm) woud that be a probably at all?

Does anybody have the link for runner tracking? I've tried searching for it and just seem to be going in circles!

Also... TWO WEEKS TODAY UNTIL I FLY TO ORLANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I only received one email which came yesterday announcing that the race guide was out. The emails from RunDisney always seem to be a little sporadic.
It probably won't be a problem for the waiver. I am sure that happens a lot. You could try and email runDisney to try to get it changed. Lately, it seems that runner tracking isn't available until a week to a few days before the race. Would love to meet up with everyone before the race if we can find a good spot!

dreamfinder

You know... it makes one feel good to be welcomed :) Thank you :)

I understand there is no legal transfer process, but... might anyone here know of a place where I can offer the bib to someone else? OR where I might look for roommates to split a hotel with if I can swing getting a plane ticket this late in the game?

It's too late to even try to defer til next year. They already hit their capacity for deferrals. And to try to have someone else pick up the bib for you would require you to trust a stranger with a photocopy of your drivers license. Not sure if I'd be a fan of that. But your best bet for a roommate would be to try poking around the various Disney forums, see if there is any interest. Alternatively, you could try checking with any of the travel agents/tour groups that are listed for this event, see if any of them have any rooms they needed bodies for.

It's par for the course. As long as you have a waiver form and bib assignment you are good to go. The only thing you might be missing out on would be the virtual goody bag, but outside of the free "print" from one of the vendors (it's a postcard sized copy of what they sell) it's nothing special.

Only if the volunteer doing the check-in is very thorough when looking at ID, or if your DBF is potentially going to place and the date swap puts them in a different age group.

Check again the day or two before the expo. Or look around at the expo. It normally doesn't go live until shortly before the race, and they usually have a bank of computers in the expo area to sign up for tracking.

Disneymom201

I w

Couple of questions:

I would love to meet up! I HATE doing things on my own. We will be off Disney property this part of our trip. I think we will drive to EPCOT around 7. My husband and 2 older boys will go to the after party. I'm assuming I can take a bus from EPCOT to WWoS????

Ariel484

Couple of questions:

Emails are linked in the runDisney website under the Runner Info tab. You haven't missed much.

I would email them about the birthdate...just to be safe.

Runner tracking links haven't been coming out until a week or less before the race. Someone will post it here. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom