Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

surfsupdon

Seriously so excited crew!!

I love this race, doing the 5K, Wine&Dine, and Tough Mudder Orlando on Sunday morning.

But fully intend on partying around the World, just like after every race.

Yacht Club a MONTH from Sunday!!!!

dancingtodisney

There will be 6 of us total...3 of us are running the Jingle Jungle 5K, 4 of us are running the half...all plan on eating and drinking around the World Showcase a LOT.

Oh brilliant… I was tempted to do the 5km and probably would have if it wasn’t the morning of the half, you girls will have great fun! Our morning plans that day consists of sleep and Kona Café, I think with it being my first half I should probably take it easy the day of the race. I’ve always just missed F&W at Epcot so I’m going to be making the most of it this time! Hopefully we’ll all be able for some post-race food and wine…

Seriously so excited crew!!
I love this race, doing the 5K, Wine&Dine, and Tough Mudder Orlando on Sunday morning.
But fully intend on partying around the World, just like after every race.
Yacht Club a MONTH from Sunday!!!!

WHAT???? :jawdrop: 5k, a half marathon AND Tough Mudder.... That's crazy! :confused:
I'm just hoping I can complete the half! Partying around the world really does sound like the best post race activity!

FerretAfros

Looks like there is a new procedure for getting your Coast to Coast medal on PDF page 16 (p31 within the document). They're taking a photo of you at the expo, and confirming it at the race finish. I'm not sure how this really helps (especially since you can still have a friend pick up your packet for W&D), especially considering that it's just for the one race; I could see it being useful if they took photos at both races, but it seems pointless as is

I'm glad to see that the changing tents have been moved out of the secure finish chute, which will give people time to cool down before changing into fresh clothes. Smart move!

There's also no information about legacy runners (perfect winos?), despite this being the 5th year

Mad Stitch

Looks like there is a new procedure for getting your Coast to Coast medal on PDF page 16 (p31 within the document). They're taking a photo of you at the expo, and confirming it at the race finish. I'm not sure how this really helps (especially since you can still have a friend pick up your packet for W&D), especially considering that it's just for the one race; I could see it being useful if they took photos at both races, but it seems pointless as is

I don't get it either. What was wrong with the wrist band method? Looking up photos would just slow down the process.

The page about future races is gone. With three of them up in the air and all of the others already sold out I guess they decided to not even bother.

Figment82

There's also no information about legacy runners (perfect winos?), despite this being the 5th year

I noticed that omission as well. I was thinking of emailing them to confirm, but I'm sure they're swamped with post-ToT and pre-W&D messages. I will be incredibly bummed if they decide not to recognize those of us who will have completed all 5 races. This is the only race I've done from inaugural so I was looking forward to something special. They'll recognize the perfect WDW, DLR, and Princess participants but not W&D? Not cool runDisney!

FerretAfros

I noticed that omission as well. I was thinking of emailing them to confirm, but I'm sure they're swamped with post-ToT and pre-W&D messages. I will be incredibly bummed if they decide not to recognize those of us who will have completed all 5 races. This is the only race I've done from inaugural so I was looking forward to something special. They'll recognize the perfect WDW, DLR, and Princess participants but not W&D? Not cool runDisney!
Someone on another board posted that nothing was in the program for the Perfect Princesses this year either, despite it being the 5th anniversary. About a week before the race they all received a special email with the legacy details, so hopefully something similar will be done for W&D. Given that they remembered to make an anniversary medal, I can't imagine they'd forget the legacy runners!

Figment82

Someone on another board posted that nothing was in the program for the Perfect Princesses this year either, despite it being the 5th anniversary. About a week before the race they all received a special email with the legacy details, so hopefully something similar will be done for W&D. Given that they remembered to make an anniversary medal, I can't imagine they'd forget the legacy runners!

I found a copy of the Princess program from this year (I've never participated in the race, so I found a cached version online), and it had this little note: "Perfect Princess - If you are a 'Perfect Princess' participant, please pick up your commemorative lanyard at the Perfect Tent located on the left side of the finish chute after you
receive your finisher’s medal"
. But the special email sounds promising. I've changed my last name and address in the midst of these past 5 years so I'm hoping they can find me in the system just based on my email address (if they are in fact planning something).

I don't know why I'm so concerned, as it's such a silly little thing. But after all the training and health problems my husband and I have endured to complete these races, a bonus lanyard would be much appreciated! :D

dreamfinder

Well, the process needed to start somewhere. Can't take a second picture to compare if you didn't take the first.

I don't get it either. What was wrong with the wrist band method? Looking up photos would just slow down the process.

The page about future races is gone. With three of them up in the air and all of the others already sold out I guess they decided to not even bother.

At least when I got mine at DLR 2 years ago, the wrist bands were painfully slow. Not only did you need to show the wrist band, they needed to look your name up on a list (volunteer dropped the pages and had to put them back in order at least once while I was in line) and then remove the wristband. I could in theory imagine a setup similar to bag claim, someone calls out your number when you enter the tent, someone hears that and loads the picture, and then can do a quick look to compare and you are all set. Not sure if that is how they normally do C2C or if its more like the challenges the last year, day 1 you finish and get wristband, day 2 you show wrist band, they mark wrist band and give you medal.

Although I would hope that if they are paying this much attention to C2C medals that they are actually paying someone to go through and verify the submitted proof of times.

That back cover was valuable advertising space. Couldn't waste it on something that runners would actually want to know now could they....

Mad Stitch

At least when I got mine at DLR 2 years ago, the wrist bands were painfully slow. Not only did you need to show the wrist band, they needed to look your name up on a list (volunteer dropped the pages and had to put them back in order at least once while I was in line) and then remove the wristband. I could in theory imagine a setup similar to bag claim, someone calls out your number when you enter the tent, someone hears that and loads the picture, and then can do a quick look to compare and you are all set. Not sure if that is how they normally do C2C or if its more like the challenges the last year, day 1 you finish and get wristband, day 2 you show wrist band, they mark wrist band and give you medal.

I also received my C2C 2 years ago at DL. When I went to claim my C2C medal there was nobody looking up names on a list. Just someone cutting off the wrist band and someone standing next to them handing you the medal. Quick and painless.

Figment82

Just received an email from runDisney with the notification that the event guide was available. I decided to take a peek, and lo and behold, on page 27 there's information for perfect Wine & Dine participants. Either I'm going crazy, or they've updated the guide since I looked yesterday! Either way, I take back my earlier rant, lol! There will be a special booth at packet pick-up to receive a commemorative item, and then a special lanyard at the finish line.

Mad Stitch

Just received an email from runDisney with the notification that the event guide was available. I decided to take a peek, and lo and behold, on page 27 there's information for perfect Wine & Dine participants. Either I'm going crazy, or they've updated the guide since I looked yesterday! Either way, I take back my earlier rant, lol! There will be a special booth at packet pick-up to receive a commemorative item, and then a special lanyard at the finish line.

Your not going crazy, they uploaded a new program. The map of vendors at the expo was not in the first one, but it's there now. The finish line map is also different because after @FerretAfros mentioned how the changing tents were outside the finish chute, I remember looking at the map and thinking it was awkward that they were in the middle of a high traffic area. Now the changing tents are off to the side.

dreamfinder

I also received my C2C 2 years ago at DL. When I went to claim my C2C medal there was nobody looking up names on a list. Just someone cutting off the wrist band and someone standing next to them handing you the medal. Quick and painless.

Maybe they changed it mid race then? All I know was when I finished, there was already a line of like 15 people waiting, and by the time I was done there was 30+ people behind me. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they did change it up, much like they did with the Dopey wristbands after the 5k. Whoever decided to make a single file line for the thousands of runners to have to wait in wasn't thinking clearly.

Ariel484

Waivers: http://trackshack.com/disneysports/waivwd14/verify.php
Corrals: http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/wine-dine/2014/2014CorralAssignmentsHalfMarathon-2.pdf

corrals.jpg

Mad Stitch

I'll be in corral E. I've been training at a pace that should have me in C. Looks like I'll be doing some weaving, oh well.

LindsayLoves

I'll be in corral E. I've been training at a pace that should have me in C. Looks like I'll be doing some weaving, oh well.

With the staggered starts they have been doing this year it will be to your advantage to get there early to get to the very front of your corral, no one will be in your way until you catch up to corral D, then you may commence weaving.

Texas84

Brandi and I will be with you. I got D but will drop back with her. I'm not sure how she got E. Probably should have been G.

Kristia

Brandi and I will be with you. I got D but will drop back with her. I'm not sure how she got E. Probably should have been G.
Geez...I got G. I submitted my estimated finish at 2:25 which is what my best half marathon was. I was hoping to get a better corral but they put me right where I belong I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom