Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

surfsupdon

Boston has been cancelled.
It has. But the Mayor explained the reasoning is because it is a community run event that attracts 33,000 runners and over 1 million spectators. And the mention of International Travel not for certain.

W&D is not run through a community, and does not allow spectators really anywhere along the course. The Finish Cheer section might need to be reworked depending on where we are at within Phases.
I’m still keeping the faith :)

WDW_Emily

Currently registered for W&D weekend and having a really hard time with princess registration opening up. Ideally, we would only do one race and if W&D is canceled, we would do Princess due to work schedules. I know nobody can predict the future but I'm such a planner and know Princess will sell out. This is driving me bonkers lol.

Also when Disney called us about our June 22nd trip and asked if we wanted to still come down and stay deluxe we said no and would like to just move our hotel registration to November. The CM said they can only do Deluxe resorts, at rack rate, and they have no idea if any other level hotels will be open. We are just having a really difficult time planning, budgeting, and training for something that may or may not happen.

surfsupdon

Currently registered for W&D weekend and having a really hard time with princess registration opening up. Ideally, we would only do one race and if W&D is canceled, we would do Princess due to work schedules. I know nobody can predict the future but I'm such a planner and know Princess will sell out. This is driving me bonkers lol.

Also when Disney called us about our June 22nd trip and asked if we wanted to still come down and stay deluxe we said no and would like to just move our hotel registration to November. The CM said they can only do Deluxe resorts, at rack rate, and they have no idea if any other level hotels will be open. We are just having a really difficult time planning, budgeting, and training for something that may or may not happen.
I agree. Our June trip AP rate at Boardwalk was 282/night. We tried rescheduling for early Nov but it was 865/night on the villa side. Wild.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So, as of now park reservations are required through November. If that holds up there is a chance we won't be able to get into the parks.

Be ready for pitchforks and torches when people who've spent hundreds (or thousands, if on-property hotel reservation included) to run on Disney property.

deeevo

I'd say the chances of getting into a park are higher than I put the race happening at this point... I am not confident.

I still don't understand how they would even race when they are going to severely limit people in the parks. How will they manage all of the runners in a confined space much, much smaller than a park? They had no problem taking peoples money today for Princess. Should be interesting to see how it is handled.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I still don't understand how they would even race when they are going to severely limit people in the parks. How will they manage all of the runners in a confined space much, much smaller than a park? They had no problem taking peoples money today for Princess. Should be interesting to see how it is handled.

The race sold out in 30 minutes today. Same last Thursday during early registration. Obviously runDisney is limiting the number of bibs available. Which they did for W&D and Marathon weekends.

Rapunzel287

I believe so. I've never had a problem registering for the 5k and it was gone as I was entering my credit card info. Registration opened up just days before Disney announced park closings.

Okay, thanks.
I was secretly saying “goodbye” to W&D this year because I couldn’t see how they would handle a race weekend with full capacity in November vs the race weekends with a limited number of participants in January / February.
So maybe there’s still hope for W&D after all 🙃.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
The race sold out in 30 minutes today. Same last Thursday during early registration. Obviously runDisney is limiting the number of bibs available. Which they did for W&D and Marathon weekends.

Ironically enough they did NOT limit wine/dine bibs. The rumor that it's a villans race is what caused the frenzy.

deeevo

Possibly but the 5 and 10 sells out that fast every year.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Ironically enough they did NOT limit wine/dine bibs. The rumor that it's a villans race is what caused the frenzy.

Do we know for sure? This was the first time I'd not been able to register for a race within minutes after registration opened. And I include the inaugural Dark Side & 2 course challenge.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Do we know for sure? This was the first time I'd not been able to register for a race within minutes after registration opened. And I include the inaugural Dark Side & 2 course challenge.
according to my friend who works on the Disney-side selling race packages, yes. it was THAT popular.

Texas84

Be ready for pitchforks and torches when people who've spent hundreds (or thousands, if on-property hotel reservation included) to run on Disney property.
Seems like on-property would get priority. Hoping.

I'd say the chances of getting into a park are higher than I put the race happening at this point... I am not confident.
I'm not either. If it does run, no after party.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom