Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So, about this Half Marathon I tried to run.....

I did a 5k. At Mile 3 I felt like I do at Mile 11; actually worse. Yeah, not good. So I found a medic, explained I was sweeping myself. She asked lots of questions to make sure I wasn't having a problem that needed immediate medical attention and told me to wait for the vans/carts that follow the last of the runners through a park. Picked up several other runners, took forever to get back to the finish line. Got my snack box, medal and an addition to my collection of free cooling towels. Back at my resort....

Lesson learned. Just because you feel okay after a bout of stomach flu doesn't mean you should run a Half Marathon 3 days later. Oh, well.

@surfsupdon, were you wearing mismatched socks? I didn't want to scream your name again in the portal potty line, but I was in line next to you.

Also ran into @DznyGrlSD walking from the buses wearing her oh so cute SSE dress.

Swissmiss

Premium Member

I did a 5k. At Mile 3 I felt like I do at Mile 11; actually worse. Yeah, not good. So I found a medic, explained I was sweeping myself. She asked lots of questions to make sure I wasn't having a problem that needed immediate medical attention and told me to wait for the vans/carts that follow the last of the runners through a park. Picked up several other runners, took forever to get back to the finish line. Got my snack box, medal and an addition to my collection of free cooling towels. Back at my resort....

Lesson learned. Just because you feel okay after a bout of stomach flu doesn't mean you should run a Half Marathon 3 days later. Oh, well.

@surfsupdon, were you wearing mismatched socks? I didn't want to scream your name again in the portal potty line, but I was in line next to you.

Also ran into @DznyGrlSD walking from the buses wearing her oh so cute SSE dress.

Sorry you had to drop out, but glad you had enough sense to do so. Saw a young girl today (twentyish maybe) nearly pass out as we were waiting for my friend to come in. It happened so fast I couldn’t tell if she was running with the person who caught her or if it was a good samaritan runner who caught her and got her to the finish line (this was about 20 yards or so from the finish). Her face gave a new meaning to white as a ghost!

Figment82

Goal was sub 1:44 and I finished 1:38. Great conditions, solid course, lot of fun...I’m so proud!!
Congrats! That’s awesome!

Sorry your half didn’t go as planned. 🙁 You get major props for just getting out there and attempting it. And not trying to push yourself too far. I hope you’re feeling better now.

Figment82

W&D #10 for me is in the books. The weather was so much better than it had been recently. If only there has been a little more cloud cover. That time change meant the sun was rising as my corral wave was stepping off, so it was full-on bright and sunny down Osceola. I liked some of the changes to the race course. It was nice to take the other ramp up to BVD, it didn’t seem quite as obnoxious. Backstage Epcot/Woodpecker Drive wasn’t as bad as I expected, but I did miss the park time. Studios was a joke. 😂

I was aiming for a sub-3:15, really wanted a sub-3:03 (my time from the last Star Wars Half), and really really wanted a sub-3:00. I finished with 2:58, so I was thrilled! Teared up a little at the end, with all the emotions of my history with this race kinda hitting me as I crossed the line. Or maybe it was the cramp in my hamstring, lol!

Wolf43

W&D #10 for me is in the books. The weather was so much better than it had been recently. If only there has been a little more cloud cover. That time change meant the sun was rising as my corral wave was stepping off, so it was full-on bright and sunny down Osceola. I liked some of the changes to the race course. It was nice to take the other ramp up to BVD, it didn’t seem quite as obnoxious. Backstage Epcot/Woodpecker Drive wasn’t as bad as I expected, but I did miss the park time. Studios was a joke. 😂

I was aiming for a sub-3:15, really wanted a sub-3:03 (my time from the last Star Wars Half), and really really wanted a sub-3:00. I finished with 2:58, so I was thrilled! Teared up a little at the end, with all the emotions of my history with this race kinda hitting me as I crossed the line. Or maybe it was the cramp in my hamstring, lol!
Congratulations!

surfsupdon

Congrats to all. @Figment82 well done, thanks for admitting the teary eyes bc I get them as well. Nice job on your Perfection too and that great PR. And @LAKid53 it’s always good learning lessons. At least you listened to your body.

My socks were mismatched, I channeled my inner Epcot for them. I’m now lying in the sun at the Shores of Bay Lake. Wonderful!!
AC5484C9-EBBD-41DD-A86B-04ED3FFD234D.jpeg
D20F4C19-E264-42D0-AE60-3AC495226C96.jpeg
4D4804FF-8ADA-46BC-89F7-B0240F78C513.jpeg

LAKid53

Premium Member

LAKid53

Premium Member

Congrats!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Sorry you had to drop out, but glad you had enough sense to do so. Saw a young girl today (twentyish maybe) nearly pass out as we were waiting for my friend to come in. It happened so fast I couldn’t tell if she was running with the person who caught her or if it was a good samaritan runner who caught her and got her to the finish line (this was about 20 yards or so from the finish). Her face gave a new meaning to white as a ghost!

After the tragedy at the 5k on Friday, I think runDisney was super vigilant about runners who may be having problems. There were at least half a dozen runners in carts that had been picked up around DAK. Saw more medics than I'd seen at previous races.

The first medic I spoke to kept saying, "good that you're listening to your body". While I'm disappointed, I'm glad I got to do nearly 5 miles. The vibe with this race is the best!

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I can’t compete with @surfdupdon, but did beat my times from Star Wars this April. Bettered my 10k by a little over 7 min and my half time by just a hair under 15 min!

Hope you’re feeling better real soon LaKid53, you know they say alcohol kills germs, so maybe the after party would do some good 😉. If people are meeting at Mexico at 7:00 still (and if I can still move my legs after spending the day at MK post-race), I’ll try to pop by and say hello (I’ll probably be the tallest runner at the event, haha).

Congrats everybody on a great race weekend!

LAKid53

Premium Member
I can’t compete with @surfdupdon, but did beat my times from Star Wars this April. Bettered my 10k by a little over 7 min and my half time by just a hair under 15 min!

Hope you’re feeling better real soon LaKid53, you know they say alcohol kills germs, so maybe the after party would do some good 😉. If people are meeting at Mexico at 7:00 still (and if I can still move my legs after spending the day at MK post-race), I’ll try to pop by and say hello (I’ll probably be the tallest runner at the event, haha).

Congrats everybody on a great race weekend!

I'm not sick, per se (although I did spend a little longer in the restroom in DAK than I planned), just absolutely no energy, nada, zilch. Got plenty of sleep last night.

I'm up for the M&G. And I agree, alcohol IS medicinal. Guy kept asking people in the van if they wanted water or Powerade. I so wanted to tell him a beer would be nice. 😄 Some lady in the back of the van asked for tequila. We all laughed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom