Disney Weddings

pepples22

Original Poster
:wave: only me again,

Yes I am still planning my wedding :veryconfu ... I had a thought this morning and instead of getting married outside of disney in one of those chapels I was thinking of getting married in disney and how nice that would be.

I wondered if anyone had information on prices before I contact Disney direct to ask what they can do.

We only want intimate wedding, and it will be on weekday with seven guests. And a room at one of the parks resorts for a night. We will already have hopper tickets.

Any help as always will be great as always.

:hammer:

if I close my eyes the wedding will magically organise itself ......

pepples22

Original Poster
My intimate wedding at sunset point with 7 days at the boardwalk was about 4000. Now we eloped so just 2 of us not 10. Check out http://www.disneyweddings.com/site/gate/index.jsp
and give them a call they will break everything down for you. I loved my wedding at Disney, they handled everything.

:sohappy: Thanks for the information.

I was looking at the website and I can't actually find Sunset Point - is it on there or do you recommend me to phone them and ask? It might be one of those sites they keep hidden and only use if asked for.

Thanks

WDW Bride

We were married in 2000 at the wedding pavillion with about 15 guests. Then we had a dinner at Citricos in the private room that they have. Back in 2000 we had paid about $7500 for everything. Call and ask tons of questions, they are very helpful. Our coordinator was WONDERFUL! Carrie Anne Stenson is her name. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

pepples22

Original Poster
Thanks for the information

I am phoning the disney people tonight to get prices - wish me luck and pixie dust!

I'll let you know how I get on.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Thanks for the information

I am phoning the disney people tonight to get prices - wish me luck and pixie dust!

I'll let you know how I get on.

I think one thing that you are going to find out is that there is at least one planning trip that you are required to make before the wedding. You may want to take this in consideration as I noticed you are from accross the pond.

Congrats on your impending nuptuals!!!

We decidied to do the wedding at home, pay about 1/4 of what we would have paid at Disney and spent the money on an extended honeymoone in the honeymoone suites at Wilderness Lodge.

pepples22

Original Poster
:wave:

After a week of trying to decide and take in what the wedding planner said we are still confused......

The wedding planner told us that we could not have the Sunset Pointe at The Polynesian Resort, which is the one we had our hearts set on. They close this for six months of the year (we are going in May). So we were looking into having our wedding at the Wedding Pavilion, which is the most expensive choice for an intimate wedding.

We have also found out that we need to book a stay at the one of the Disney Hotels. We have already rented a villa in the Kissimmee area. So the wedding planner suggest to book a three night stay at one of the hotels and use the villa too (we can't get our deposit back on it).

Again we are looking at more advice for WDW members who have done the intimate wedding. As we have tight budget and want to enjoy Disney without spending all our money on the wedding. These are our questions now: -
  • Where is the best place (romantic would be nice) to stay?? But with the best value.
  • What is the best place to have an intimate wedding??? We would like Disney themed into it without paying for it - we didn't like the gazebo at the Yacht Club Resort as it didn't look tropical and it was without that splash of disney!
  • We have to find our own officiant to perform the cermony?
  • And is it worth going for a disney wedding as it is so much work?
Thanks and I will try and pull myself together :cry: :cry: :cry:

The Mom

Premium Member
There is a small pavillion on the lake at The Boardwalk. Did the planner mention that?

I've also seen weddings at the Wilderness Lodge in one of the viewing lounges, and also at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I think as far as value/romantic goes, many would suggest POR.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Tight budgets and Disney weddings do not go hand in hand. You said that you want a tropical setting, but with the Disney theme. I can only assume you mean having the MK as a backdrop? I would recomend having the wedding off property at a local beach, have a Disney themed reception, and then honeymoone at Disney.

WDW Bride

Okay, since I was married in Disney here are my opinions on your questions:

Romantic place to stay- Coronado Springs

Wedding place- Wedding Pavilion(back drop of Castle is awesome)

Officiant- when you book the wedding they will send you a package with everything you need, flowers, music, officiant names, etc. We picked Jack Day and he was the best. I know other people that were married in Disney and they too had him officiate.

I believe the money is well worth the time and extra effort. Once you have the date set the wedding coordinator really does a lot for you. I was living in PA when we were married and I felt like I really did not have to do much, she handled everything.

DiPSU224

If you love Sunset Pointe, why not get your pictures done there? We saw 2 couples get wedding pictures done while we were there in May and it looked so romantic.
I think the wedding pavillion has to be the most romantic place to have the ceremony. I had always dreamed of having mine there ince the first time I saw it. I would have had mine there except we knew none of our family would have been able to make it.
For a romantic hotel, I suggest either PO Riverside or the Poly. We always stayed at POR but after 1 stay at the Poly I don't know if we can ever stay anywhere else again.
Try not to get stressed about the planning! Remember, it's supposed to be the happiest day of your life! Good luck! :wave:

pepples22

Original Poster
Okay, since I was married in Disney here are my opinions on your questions:

Romantic place to stay- Coronado Springs

Wedding place- Wedding Pavilion(back drop of Castle is awesome)

Officiant- when you book the wedding they will send you a package with everything you need, flowers, music, officiant names, etc. We picked Jack Day and he was the best. I know other people that were married in Disney and they too had him officiate.

I believe the money is well worth the time and extra effort. Once you have the date set the wedding coordinator really does a lot for you. I was living in PA when we were married and I felt like I really did not have to do much, she handled everything.

Thanks for the information. Did your officiant cost more to the wedding?? If you don't mind me asking how much more? Or was it included in the package. (This bit isn't clear to me at the moment).

ilvdisney

I was also married in Disney...... I had 6 guests at an intimate wedding. I was supposed to be married at Sunset POinte, but it decided to start raining at 5pm, and the ground was too wet. My wedding coordinator pulled some strings and got us into the wedding pavillion. While the view is GREAT... it is a bit odd (at least it was to me) to have 6 people sitting in a pavillion made for 100+ .

The officiant was included as part of the package, as was one instrumentalist, limo, etc. Flowers were extra..... It was not very pricey, and was worth it since someone else (the coordinator) helped do the planning! Also.... someone mentioned that youhave to do a site visit ahead of time.... this was not the case for me. I elected to do one, but was told that I did not need to.

Hope that helps.

WDW Bride

The officiant is a part of the package and not an extra. When you receive your package in the mail after you book your date Disney will send you names of about 8 different officiants and their numbers and you are welcome to call them and just get a feel for their personalities. I did this and was immediately drawn to Jack Day. They will also send names and numbers for photographers, videographers. You can make a Disney wedding as cheap or as expensive as you want. Trust me when I say that your coordinator will do almost EVERYTHING for you. Just sit back and TRY to relax and enjoy it.

We wanted to spend most of our money on the honeymoon, so we got married at an off site location - The Marriott Royal Palms. We got married in a little gazebo by the water on the golf course. It was very pretty. We did a very small wedding...just us and the minister. It took us less then then 10 minutes to get there from our DW resort (Dixie Landings). We paid less $200 for the whole thing, got married in the morning, and we were in the Magic Kingdom before lunch.

pepples22

Original Poster
:sohappy: Thanks for all the information guys.

I have another question that just popped into my head. The disney wedding planner said she can not get me deals on hotels (as we have already booked a viila). She said that we have to book online through the website, I have been told this isn't the case and they can book hotels.

How did you go about booking a three or four night stay (which is the requirement)???

Thanks again for your help, I feel less stressed and can see a mouse at the end of mainstreet!

McArcDes

We are getting married a week from tomorrow at the Sea Breeze Point (a gazibo on the water at the Boardwalk). Our wedding coodinator has been awsome and did the loins share of the work.

The officiant is NOT part of the package for the intimate weddings. Disney gives you a list and you have to pay for them above and beyond the money Disney charges. Also, hair, makeup, dress steaming are extra. There are upgrades to the basic Intimate Wedding package you can get like having you pictures taken around the castle in MK in your wedding atire.

Our wedding coordinator did not book our rooms we had to do that but she did help up with dining PS arraingments.

As for cost not including rooms, admissions etc it is costing us about $4500 which includes the basic wedding package, a bus to transport guests to Narcossi's after the ceremony and then back to the hotel, extra floral for each othe brides maids, and boutiners for the men and corsages for all the female guests and the picture package at the castle. We have 17 of us total coming to the wedding incuding the wedding party.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

pepples22

Original Poster
We are getting married a week from tomorrow at the Sea Breeze Point (a gazibo on the water at the Boardwalk). Our wedding coodinator has been awsome and did the loins share of the work.

The officiant is NOT part of the package for the intimate weddings. Disney gives you a list and you have to pay for them above and beyond the money Disney charges. Also, hair, makeup, dress steaming are extra. There are upgrades to the basic Intimate Wedding package you can get like having you pictures taken around the castle in MK in your wedding atire.

Our wedding coordinator did not book our rooms we had to do that but she did help up with dining PS arraingments.

As for cost not including rooms, admissions etc it is costing us about $4500 which includes the basic wedding package, a bus to transport guests to Narcossi's after the ceremony and then back to the hotel, extra floral for each othe brides maids, and boutiners for the men and corsages for all the female guests and the picture package at the castle. We have 17 of us total coming to the wedding incuding the wedding party.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

:sohappy: Congratulations!!!! I bet you are really excited!!! :sohappy:

That has answered a lot of my questions. We have decided on staying at the animal kingdom lodge, which I am going to book as soon as I get a chance.

As for the venue, we are still very much in three minds. We are seriously looking at the Wedding Pavillion now.

diddy_mouse

The Wedding Pavillion looked like a beautiful place. When we were taking the ferry across the lagoon, we saw a (I think) reception taking place with the white tents set up. It was so nice to see other couples getting married when we were on our honeymoon!

We actually got married in a country inn in VA and we certainly paid a pretty penny to get the complete packagem but it was soooooo worth it. Everything turned out beautiful, even though it rained (which stopped as the ceremony was going on...lucky us!)

Congrats to you!!! :sohappy: :wave:

pepples22

Original Poster
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Thanks everyone for all your help!!!!!

WE HAVE JUST BOOKED OUR DISNEY WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!

We decided on the Animal Kingdom to stay at and for an intimate cermony at the Wedding Pavillion.

Just wanted to drop by and thank everyone who posted and gave advice.

Trev & Donna xxxx

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom