Disney Watches

sbkline

Original Poster
Are there any stores at the Disney parks or DTD where I can get a good, quality adult watch with some kind of a Disney theme, without looking like a tacky child's watch? And if so, roughly what price range can I expect?

lpet11984

I thought World of Disney had some nice ones, and also I thought I saw some at the Art of Disney store in Epcot. Not positive about the range, but I seem to remember $75-200 depending on the make.

Sadiebird

I'd recommend Sunset Blvd. Shops at the Hollywood Studios. I always look at watches there when I visit. That's one of my favorite souvenirs to buy. They range in price from $20 to $200. They have a lot of nice subtle designs that aren't tacky at all. Of course, the nicer ones are closer to the $200 range.

mouselvrmom

I got one at Hollywood Studios a few years back. It is very nice. It is silver with mickey heads going around it kind of like a bracelet. Some of the mickey heads are crystal, and the face has a translucent silver mickey head on it. Really if you just glance at it, you would not notice that it is a disney watch so I can wear it anywhere. I believe it was a little over a hundred dollars.

of course, it is a woman's watch. :lol: But they did have many men's watches there too. I just wanted you to know that they weren't the childish style you may see around.

MousDad

I've had a weakness for Mickey watches since I was a kid. I'm still wearing one right now as I type, purchased in October 2005 at the big "combo-shop" on Main St. Magic Kingdom. I believe they also sell them across the street in the jewelry shop (or used to).

You can get them in at least 1 or 2 places in both DHS and Epcot. The only place I'm not sure about is AK. I'm sure DTD has them as well.

They sell plenty of adult watches that do not scream Disney. The $75-200 range someone mentioned is correct.

DisneyBean

In January 2007, I bought a women's Skagen watch in one of the shops on Main Street. The only "Disney" detail is a small Mickey silhouette on the watch face. I think it was between $100 and $120. The store offered both men's and women's options.

WDWRLD

I wanted to get a really nice one a couple yeasr back but couldnt find anything that was water resistant/waterproof.

bhg469

I got one at Hollywood Studios a few years back. It is very nice. It is silver with mickey heads going around it kind of like a bracelet. Some of the mickey heads are crystal, and the face has a translucent silver mickey head on it. Really if you just glance at it, you would not notice that it is a disney watch so I can wear it anywhere. I believe it was a little over a hundred dollars.

of course, it is a woman's watch. :lol: But they did have many men's watches there too. I just wanted you to know that they weren't the childish style you may see around.

I was looking at one in a gift shop about 10 years ago and one of the clerks haded me a watch that was in the thousands.. I love watches and unfortuantely i can't afford the ones i like but thankfully there are replicas :)

slowbee

I have about 7 Mickey/Disney watches that I've bought from WDW over the years. The best place to go is at the Magic Kingdom Jewerly Store. But, I've learned that stores will offer a different selection. I've bought a watch that was sold only at the Contemporary Resort that wasn't available at MK. I still haven't pulled the trigger on the Citizen watch yet... I drool over it every time I go back to WDW. If you look at the glass case of watches in the Sports Store behind Caseys, you'll see my drool marks.. :lol:

sbkline

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies, everyone. I'll have to keep my eye out in April. Around Christmastime, I bought a new watch at Walmart, and recently exchanged it because moisture kept getting in somehow...not from sticking the watch underwater or anything...just moisture from the air getting under the glass somehow and fogging it up from the inside. I thought it was just a defect with that watch, but unfortunately, the same thing is happening now with the one I exchanged it for two or three weeks ago. So I thought maybe I'd just find a good souvenier Disney watch. Problem is, I want it to be obvious that it's a Disney watch, or else I could just buy one at Walmart. The whole point of getting it at WDW is for it to be a Disney watch that I can look at as a souvenier. On the other hand, I don't want it to be so Disney that it's just a childish kid watch, like with a Mickey Mouse in the middle whose hands constitute the second hand and minute hand. I guess I'll just browse around the stores and see if I can find something I like.

aleckendyl

Account Suspended
I'd recommend Sunset Blvd. Shops at the Hollywood Studios. I always look at watches there when I visit. That's one of my favorite souvenirs to buy. They range in price from $20 to $200. They have a lot of nice subtle designs that aren't tacky at all. Of course, the nicer ones are closer to the $200 range.

agreed.

Sloan

World of Disney

World of Disney does offer a very good selection, and the Passholder discount if you happen to be a Passholder. My wife and I have been wearing matching his-and-hers Citizens Eco-Drive for years now - very durable, no battery replacement, and this particular model is so subtle I really need to point out that it is a Disney watch, but they have ones that are more 'obvious' like what you are looking for. While this one is not suitable for diving / submersion, I've never had any water intrusion or fogging. As I recall, it was in the $100 range, and has been well worth it.

Mystic

I've bought two really nice women's dress watches at Uptown Jeweller's on Main Street in MK. One is a Mickey's watch. It has Mickey on the face and the band is made up of silver coloured M's and gold coloured mickey heads but nobody even sees them. That cost me about $75. My other watch has Cinderella on the face and has fake diamonds around the face and wide silver band. Nobody even sees Cinderella on the face. This watch cost me $45. I even had it fitted at Uptown Jewellers the day I bought it. I wear them to work all the time and nobody even realizes that they're Disney watches.

fizzle75

The best selection I've seen is at World Of Disney but I have been a bit disappointed with the designs the past few trips. The Mickey Mouse watch that I wear was purchased at Wal-Mart and I love it. You may have heard of Wal-Mart, I think they have them in Illinois don't they? If you can find one be sure to drop by and check out their character watches in the jewelry department.

...if you're ever near one that is.:rolleyes:

I love Wal-Mart.:D

photoflight

Are there any stores at the Disney parks or DTD where I can get a good, quality adult watch with some kind of a Disney theme, without looking like a tacky child's watch? And if so, roughly what price range can I expect?

The Disney store at DTD has all kinds of stuff like that, cheap to $$$$

celticdog

Citizen Watches has a Disney line. I have seen them at WOD. The styles and choices do change quite regularly. They are a very nice and "adult" appropriate line of watches, some are even the Eco-drive. Prices run up to $250. I have a stainless-steel band, blue face, Eco-drive Mickey watch. It was about $125.

Odds are pretty good that you could find these watches at your local jewelery stores.

CajunEpcotLover

In January 2007, I bought a women's Skagen watch in one of the shops on Main Street. The only "Disney" detail is a small Mickey silhouette on the watch face. I think it was between $100 and $120. The store offered both men's and women's options.
I think this is the watch I have been trying to get WDW Mailorder to find for me. Would you by chance have a pictureyou could post? Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom