Disney wants more bags at its hotels

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Interesting. Since 911, I have had every airline that I have flown tell me that new laws require the passanger to fly with their luggage. Airlines can not intentionally send a passangers luggage on an earlier flight. Thats why if you want to go standby on an earlier flight, you must carry your luggage with you to the gate. Its happened to me far too often at Burbank (Bob Hope) Airport. One time my large bag was too big to fit through the xray machine, so I had to wait outside of the gate area until I could check in. They would not check my bag earlier because of this issue.

I have been told the same thing. However, I've also had my bags sent ahead of me twice in the past three months, including 10 days ago, when my flight to Orlando was canceled. I was rebooked the next morning at 8 am, but my bags went on the 6 am flight. Worked out OK, since I didn't have to wait at baggage claim. But I admit to confusion regading what the current rules are.

mary219

We used the airline check in yesterday.It was so much easier than lugging our bags through the airport and checking them ourselves.We had a 6:30 pm flight and checked our luggage around 10 am.We had a rental car and dropped that off ourselves,took our boarding passes given at the check inn,went through security and boarded.Luggage was there when we arrived in NY at about 9:00 pm.it was a great service and very easy.

lewisc

All checked luggage is now screened, either by machine or by visual inspection. The requirement that luggage be transported on the same plane as the passenger was repealed. Some airlines have different policies on the matter.

Southwest makes a point of telling standby passengers that their checked luggage will wind up on the flight even if they don't clear. Other airlines have different polices.

Interesting. Since 911, I have had every airline that I have flown tell me that new laws require the passanger to fly with their luggage. Airlines can not intentionally send a passangers luggage on an earlier flight. Thats why if you want to go standby on an earlier flight, you must carry your luggage with you to the gate. Its happened to me far too often at Burbank (Bob Hope) Airport. One time my large bag was too big to fit through the xray machine, so I had to wait outside of the gate area until I could check in. They would not check my bag earlier because of this issue.

lilclerk

We tried to use resort check-in in February. They had me in the system, but not the other two people in my party, even though we were all on the same reservation. It was weird, but they checked my bag at the resort, and the other two checked in perfectly fine at MCO.

durangojim

We always fly NWA to Orlando and have been using the bag check in service since NWA came on board. It is extremely convenient, especially when you have a young child or children. Basically it's like using a sky cap but at WDW instead of the airport. I'm surprised more people don't take advantage of the free service.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
All checked luggage is now screened, either by machine or by visual inspection. The requirement that luggage be transported on the same plane as the passenger was repealed. Some airlines have different policies on the matter.

Southwest makes a point of telling standby passengers that their checked luggage will wind up on the flight even if they don't clear. Other airlines have different polices.

Ah......makes sense then.

shoppingnut

I've used the baggage check-in at the resort for almost every trip I have taken since DME started, except the one this past July because we flew on SW. I can tell you that I did not like hauling my bags to the airport and having to check them there. I disliked it so much that I really have to weigh my options of flying with SW because of that, the airfare has to be incredibly low for me fly with them.

mousefan1972

I've used the baggage check-in at the resort for almost every trip I have taken since DME started, except the one this past July because we flew on SW. I can tell you that I did not like hauling my bags to the airport and having to check them there. I disliked it so much that I really have to weigh my options of flying with SW because of that, the airfare has to be incredibly low for me fly with them.

Same exact thing w/us when we flew SW this past April. We hated lugging the bags (and waiting in a God-awful line) so much that the SW fare would have to be very low to go w/them again. We're looking at Delta, Airtran or Jetblue (all resort check-in participating airlines) for our next trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom