Disney Visit Review

artfromvt

Original Poster
Just got back from the world. Another amazing experience. Despite cool weather, we had a great time. The lines were definitely affected by the weather. We are able to ride Tower, Space Mtn, Test Track and others 10+ times EACH!
There was one disturbing trend of broken effects. In Pirates, the mist screen was down. In Everest, the strobes were off the Yeti (C-mode???). In Test Track the barrier (doors) were stuck open. We broke down on Everest, Test Track, TTA and the Haunted Mansion. It was a bit bizarre. However, a bad day at Disney is better than a great day anywhere else.
Other random notes: tried Garden Grill (loved it), saw Yee Haw Bob (didn't love it), took the boat from POFQ to Downtown Disney (did I mention that the weather was not good...cold) and ate at Earl of Sandwich for the first time (loved it).

tiaragirl

Whoa! That's a lot of rides.. how long were you there for?

Too bad about the broken effects, but your positive attitude is great :)

artfromvt

Original Poster
We were there for 6 days. All 10 rides on Tower were on a single day. On test track they were allowing people to skip the preshow (just walk through the room into the loading area).

I was surprised that we did not enjoy Bob. Everyone said such great things about his show. It just didn't seem like my kind of humor and musically it was not stellar.

BigThunderMatt

. However, a bad day at Disney is better than a great day anywhere else.

And that permissive attitude is exactly why nothing will change in regard to show effects not working. As long as people have that kind of "oh well it's still Disney" outlook, and you keep putting out your money, Disney will see no incentive to do more than maintain the status quo.

Dubman

In Test Track the barrier (doors) were stuck open.

We were there 2/13-2/20. It was working when we went on the 14th, and stuck open on the 18th(rode it twice that day am & pm).. Wonder if it has been not working since then, or just occasionally goes down??

tiaragirl

And that permissive attitude is exactly why nothing will change in regard to show effects not working. As long as people have that kind of "oh well it's still Disney" outlook, and you keep putting out your money, Disney will see no incentive to do more than maintain the status quo.

Cranky.

drossjr

We were there for 6 days. All 10 rides on Tower were on a single day. On test track they were allowing people to skip the preshow (just walk through the room into the loading area).

I was surprised that we did not enjoy Bob. Everyone said such great things about his show. It just didn't seem like my kind of humor and musically it was not stellar.

I would love to be able to skip the preshow for TT but I always go in July or June and its busy so they always make us sit there. lucky you

Earl of Sandwich is great, usually go there once per trip for breakfast, that boat ride is awesome in the summer especially at night!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom