Disney Visa Chase card questions

fmingo36

Original Poster
I recently acquired a Disney Visa card and I have a few questions.

Is the Meet and Greet at Epcot listed as a perk any different than the normal all-guest meet and greets? Are their different characters? How do I find out more info about it once I'm at the park.

I'm not sure if I'll have my quota of Reward points by the time I go next month but I just curious :confused: how it works.

Thanks!

Cynderella

I recently acquired a Disney Visa card and I have a few questions.

Is the Meet and Greet at Epcot listed as a perk any different than the normal all-guest meet and greets? Are their different characters? How do I find out more info about it once I'm at the park.

I'm not sure if I'll have my quota of Reward points by the time I go next month but I just curious :confused: how it works.

Thanks!

The picture spot is at Innoventions at Epcot. I've done it 3 years in a row and the characters were ususally Mickey and Minnie, and then we've had Goofy or Donald. I think I've heard Pluto has been there. You don't need to use any points to do it, it's free. Then afterwards you take your card to the photo shop at the front of Epcot by SSE and they give you a free 5x7 of the one you like most. It's fun and if you're a card member I suggest it considering it's free!

Jerm

We did it in May and it was lots of fun, we went in and took a bunch of pictures with Goofy and Minnie with our own cameras then they took a bunch with photo pass. The line was a bit long, but it was worth it to have them all alone.
550092415_b25119e771.jpg

Lucky

We had Goofy and Mickey last week, and waited about 15 minutes. There are more characters nearby for non-cardholders, but the waiting time is longer and it's not free of course.

JNL0508

I also have the Disney Visa card and I never knew this. Just a couple of questions. Do you need to make an appt. for the picture or is there a set time to go and is the visa card the only thing I need to show them to take the pic? :shrug:

mouselvrmom

There is a set time to go, it should be in the materials that they send you with promotions on them. I believe it was 1-3 or something on set days.

And, yes, you only need to show them your visa card to get in.

WishIwasThere

No appointment for the picture jsut a set time for you to go. Once you have 10 points, I think, you need to go online or call to have a reward card sent to you. It takes a few days to arrive, then you can transfer points onto the card. I think the card is only good for one year, so if it expires with points left on it, then you loose the points. You can leave points in your "account" without transferring them onto a card for up to five years before they expire.

I'm banking lots of points now for my Disneyland trip in Feb 09.

Brian_WDW74

Ahh, someone knew the time...:drevil:

:ROFLOL:

I just happened to have visited the Rewards site earlier today because I'd heard they removed the Sept. 30, 2007 expiration date from the event listing, so the times were still fresh in my mind.

FYI - It's not posted on the site, but the Meet and Greet has been extended through Sept. 30, 2008.

MickeyFan77

Yes we went last week and there was Minnie and Goofy.

Also as a courtesy please don't spend so much time. We waited FOREVER for certain people and I thought it was very rude. I understand there is no time limit but you also must think about the people behind you especially b/c there are alot of kids.

BTW the pic is great!!!

We have the Disney Visa and had our points transferred to a rewards card. Sadly, we didn't end up using all the cash on the card, but there are different options to obtain Disney gift certificates at several places: Toys R Us, Walmart, Target. Since my rewards card expired 12\31\06, I was able to trade them for gift certificates that don't expire until 12\31\07. The certificates are specific--one is only Disney toys, there's one for Disney DVDs, and something else maybe. All of which are great for children's gifts.

k.hunter30

It was Mickey and Pluto by the time we entered into the room. When we first got in line though, it was Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and Goofy. Now THAT would have been cool!

MickeyFan77

Do they have a sign to let you know that the area is for Disney Chase card members?

Yes there is I can't remember the exact wording but it says something about a magical experience with Visa cardholders. Plus while you are waiting in line they ask you if you are a cardholder so that you are not waiting for nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom