Disney Visa card now accepting applications!

PuertoRekinSam

Well it depends on how well you can use your credit card.

Use it for everything you buy, instead of cash. Leave your money in your bank account until the bill needs to be paid. You earn 1-2% interest from your account. Pay it off right away in full and you will not have to pay any interest. And you earn 1% towards disney trips. That is not bad.
I had been doing this on my Discover card and I was earing yearly $500+ back. If I can apply this directly to Disney trips....sweet

Upvote 0

Dcp3000

Roysta123 do you know the interest rates. I would like to get one but I'm not impressed by the benefits. I most likely will get one myself anyway.:lol::hammer:

Upvote 0

Blizz

Wow, 11% is a bit much. Better then the rediculious 15% of the AA card they offered before. Well maybe my mom will get it for the no interest for 6 months on Disney Vacations.

Upvote 0

WDWspider

11% is typical for cards of this natural. Expect cheap transfer rate offers like 0 - 3.9% though. But no perks for transfers, so be weary. The Credit Card game can be like gambling. If you play it right, you can do well, if not... you get screwed and keep the banks in business.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
11% was the lowest, but it said that depending upon your credit, it may be higher.

My question is that is the Disney $ you get back are directly equatable to real $ of costs like tickets, etc. Or can you only apply the $ to a ticket for a discount.

The site is so vauge on what the Disney benifits are, I'm not sure I even want to entertain it now.

I mean if I spend say $3500 on a the card, get a whole $35 in Disney "credit", is that a direct $35 off the ticket price? What happens if you want to use codes, can you still use these dollars with them. If you have to spend them of specific items, and can't use them with let's say coded rooms or package costs, it's really not gonna save me anything.

And moving off my lower intrest Discover card to this higher Visa is not a benifit in my mind.

Upvote 0

celticdog

I agree with AkiraRaptor, the benefits this card is offering is dissapointing. I currently get back 1% cash from all of my purchases with my current visa, plus my interest is 2% lower. The only possible redeeming quality would be discounts and bonuses similar to the Disney Club/Magic Kingdom Club.

Upvote 0

SpongeScott

Originally posted by celticdog
I agree with AkiraRaptor, the benefits this card is offering is dissapointing. I currently get back 1% cash from all of my purchases with my current visa, plus my interest is 2% lower. The only possible redeeming quality would be discounts and bonuses similar to the Disney Club/Magic Kingdom Club.
Yeah, I get the same with my VISA, but we pay off the card every month, so interest rates really don't matter to me one way or another. Whoever gets my CC business is going to lose money on me. I think we'll try it for a year and see what we come up with by the time we take our trip in 2004.

Upvote 0

meanmice

Originally posted by Blizz
Wow, 11% is a bit much. Better then the rediculious 15% of the AA card they offered before. Well maybe my mom will get it for the no interest for 6 months on Disney Vacations.

11% much? I work at sears and you should hear the line we have to feed customers. If you think 11% is high, then consider the 21.9% that most users get.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by PuertoRekinSam
I believe I read that you can combine these disney reawards with other promotions

Yes it does say that, but I can bet you that there are limitations and blackouts involved as well. And because they haven't listed all the details, I'll wait till someone here get one and can tell us more specific information about what the offers detail.

Upvote 0

agdbeanie

Well, I'm getting one and I think it will be cute. The rewards are ok. I don't care about the rates b/c I never carry a balance anyways. I don't buy anything that I don't have the money to pay for. I use the credit card for the convenience of not having to carry cash around.

Upvote 0

Jon_in_NC

Points Rewards

Ok, on the main page it states this in the fine print.....

"You will earn one (1) Disney Dream Reward Dollar for every one hundred (100) dollars in net purchases, up to a maximum of 750 Disney Dream Reward Dollars on $75,000 in net purchases in a calendar year."

So, you get 1 Disney Dollar for every one hundred dollars you spend.

Has anyone read or heard how many Disney Dollars it would take to redeem for anything?

With other cards I have you get one point for every dollar you spend. For example, my...ahem...Universal Studios card allows me to redeem 1,500 points for a DVD. So what kind of redemption scale will Disney be using if one hundred dollars spent only equals 1 Disney Dollar?

Anyone heard yet?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom