Disney Villains Dance Mix & Mingle

Neverland

Erm, no? Between Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea, which together debuts 12+ brand new shoes annually, the music is almost always original and created just for the show. They have used "We Go On" from Illuminations for their special new years eve parties, and a new version of "Share a Dream Come True" for a greeting show a few years ago, but no, they do not borrow music all the time...very rarely at all, infact.

There's this, but I'm not sure who had the melody first:

Disney Dreams on Parade

And there's also the rather obvious example of using the Fantasmic theme at DisneySea.

Disney's all one company, so I don't have a problem with them reusing music. I only dislike it when it's blatantly from somewhere else. Like how Disneyland's fireworks show is called Remember... Dreams Come True, but the lyrics to the recurring main theme (taken from Wishes) are "WISHES! WISHES! WISHESSSS!"

Lwc3

Is it just me or are the character heads starting to look out of place on face characters. I think Captain Hook, Frollo and Te Queen of Hearts would be better if they used makeup and costume vs. The stationary heads. Especially Frollo. He looks very awkward.

ChristianG

Original Poster
Is it just me or are the character heads starting to look out of place on face characters. I think Captain Hook, Frollo and Te Queen of Hearts would be better if they used makeup and costume vs. The stationary heads. Especially Frollo. He looks very awkward.

I agree. I don't think Disney (Worldwide) has EVER used an actual face for Frollo or Queen of Hearts (but with her giant head, it's kind of hard to use an actual face). But I know that they can def. pull off Frollo and Hook with actual faces.

faceleg

I agree. I don't think Disney (Worldwide) has EVER used an actual face for Frollo or Queen of Hearts (but with her giant head, it's kind of hard to use an actual face). But I know that they can def. pull off Frollo and Hook with actual faces.

They do have a Hook with an almost real face. During the main castle show the hook there is just facial appliances and not a big head like the villain show.

Lwc3

I think Hook would be a great character meet and greet with a real face and dialogue. I assume there would be greater cost to apply makeup and mustaches to actors than to put on a motionless head.

faceleg

I think Hook would be a great character meet and greet with a real face and dialogue. I assume there would be greater cost to apply makeup and mustaches to actors than to put on a motionless head.

Plus, having to sound like him too. To which I tip my hat to the guys who play the Mad Hatter for sounding impeccable. And the Snow Whites too, or at least the one I encountered at Akershus last year. Its like she walked right out of the movie!

Neverland

When in doubt, look to Tokyo:

tumblr_liqqi8yVR31qi0p4eo1_500.jpg

tecowdw

I'm a traditionalist so it's a little to "hip" for me. They style of dance, costumes and music is certainly current but it doesn't feel too Disneyesque to me. I liked the old version better.

On the other hand, if all the stage shows were the same as they were in the 70's I guess they'd be pretty lame by now.

:rolleyes:

mm52200

^^^ Agreed!!! Especially the character choreography too, as it's also really great. Those villains can really dance! It's sad to see that awesome choreography like that and then you see the Countdown to Fun choreography which is mainly jazz square, pivot, grapevine, etc. Why can't all the choreography and entertainment be on the same level?

joanna71985

Not sure how I feel about it. I'll wait until I see it in person to decide (but I think I'll probably still like the old version better).

mickeysaver

Wow, I really like this so much better! I think it's a great way to present the show with Facilier as the MC. I have seen the old show in person and it was cute, but this is really a great little show. I would watch this again and again, but the other was a "meh, I've seen it".

I am thinking that we have to go to MNSSHP now. Between this, which my little one will love because she is a Princess & the Frog fanatic, and Duffy, who is her favorite teddy bear of all time, in Halloween attire, it's looking like a lot of fun should be had by all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom