News Disney Villains After Hours coming to the Magic Kingdom

eliza61nyc

I would be curious to know if people who attend these events purchase it as a standalone with no other form of admission into the park, or buy it in addition to whatever existing tickets they have (AP, etc). I’ve gone to two of these and I’m an AP holder

I actually know a family that does just that. they can only go in late summer but hate the hot weather, so they don't get a full vacation tickets but instead do a few parties at night and chill during the day at the resort by the pool.

I may give it a try

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
which goes back to if you don't want it, don't pay for it. money grab or not, one would think that enough people are buying to make it worthwhile.
I hardly believe Disney is holding all this after hours events for a few hundred folks.

Which explains why the retooling of the event at the MK to theme it. This whole after hours program seems like it is still in development. Once the ideal event idea and price are found, I would expect this to expand greatly.

Disney so far hasn’t cut park hours to do this, but I would not be at all surprised if once they find the right formula, you will have 6PM park closings all year round.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Hey...an upsell

Ya never see one of Those!!

Cutting down summer hours to resell the park, huh?

In all fairness the only really major cut to summer hours has been the encroachment of MNSSHP into the middle of August. I think once TDO realized that a Halloween party in July was a little absurd, this was the next best thing.

WDF

In all fairness the only really major cut to summer hours has been the encroachment of MNSSHP into the middle of August. I think once TDO realized that a Halloween party in July was a little absurd, this was the next best thing.

This is not true. Summer hours used to be much later than they are currently showing on the WDW website. 10pm closings even on the weekends when it doesn't even get dark til almost 9pm is ridiculous. They used to have parades at 11pm.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
This is not true. Summer hours used to be much later than they are currently showing on the WDW website. 10pm closings even on the weekends when it doesn't even get dark til almost 8pm is ridiculous. They used to have parades at 11pm.
See my earlier post where I say the exact same thing. I just think the party nights are a more egregious offense.

Casper Gutman

Remember when E ride night was $12?

$$$$$$$$$$ grab
I remember.

I vividly remember checking into POFQ and seeing a one page flyer for E Ride Nights, tucked among the maps. It was the first I’d heard of it, and the event seemed unique and reasonably priced. Every ride open during the event turned out to be a genuine walk-on.

That was the late 90s. Classic EPCOT was gone, but WDW hadn’t yet decided that every guest was nothing more then an exploitable sucker. Or at least they hid it better.

scottieRoss

Right, and EMH had already been reduced from 3 hrs to 2. (MK used to have 6 hrs of evening EMH per week instead of 2.) My point was just that regular hours were until midnight back then,
Actually, the EMH was only for 2 hours at night in 2014. You specifically mentioned early June 2014. There was actually only 1 EMH for 2 hours and 1 EMH morning for 1 hour. You have to go back to 2012 to find 3 hour long EMH at night

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom