News Disney Very Merriest After Hours

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
According to the calendar, November 30th (tonight) has sold out.

Remaining sold out dates -

November - 30
December - 7, 12, 19, 21

Dates still available -

December - 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 14, 16, 17
Just an educated guess, but I’m thinking tonight didn’t really sell out since tickets were available an hour beforehand. More likely it’s just being displayed as “sold out” because it’s no longer available and their system isn’t programmed to know the difference until the event is removed from the calendar (none of the previous events show up in the app).
They are all selling out. And they are selling out at the perfect pace. If they had sold out immediately/too soon, it would have meant they were underpriced.
Well, at least one hasn’t sold out so far. I am not buying tonight’s event was sold out. Thursday and Friday are still available, and 8 of the 12 remaining events are still available. The fact that the Halloween events sold out weeks in advance and these are not following suit suggests pricing is, in fact, not “perfect”. I have zero doubts that TDO believed that these would sell out quickly at these inflated prices (“unprecedented demand”) and there is likely panic within management because they haven’t. They do not like uncertainty like this, they want/need guaranteed ticket sales. But if that’s the water bucket you want to carry, by all means, carry it.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
According to the calendar, December 5th, 9th and 17th have sold out.

December - 5, 7, 9, 12, 17, 19, 21

Dates still available -

December - 2, 3, 10, 14, 16

(edited to add the 17th)

Last edited:

WDWFanDave

Just an educated guess, but I’m thinking tonight didn’t really sell out since tickets were available an hour beforehand. More likely it’s just being displayed as “sold out” because it’s no longer available and their system isn’t programmed to know the difference until the event is removed from the calendar (none of the previous events show up in the app).

Well, at least one hasn’t sold out so far. I am not buying tonight’s event was sold out. Thursday and Friday are still available, and 8 of the 12 remaining events are still available. The fact that the Halloween events sold out weeks in advance and these are not following suit suggests pricing is, in fact, not “perfect”. I have zero doubts that TDO believed that these would sell out quickly at these inflated prices (“unprecedented demand”) and there is likely panic within management because they haven’t. They do not like uncertainty like this, they want/need guaranteed ticket sales. But if that’s the water bucket you want to carry, by all means, carry it.
I was there. It was crowded. More people than previous After Hours events we’ve gone to, even during busy seasons. Signs were up mid afternoon that it sold out.

Peter Pan, Jingle Cruise, and 7DMT rarely fell below 40 minutes wait time. Prior AH events, PP was a walk on and 7D was almost a walk on - 10 minutes max.

All of that said, beats the heck out of the day crowd. Out of control. Makes me wonder if we should keep our next trip as planned.

Touchdown

I was there. It was crowded. More people than previous After Hours events we’ve gone to, even during busy seasons. Signs were up mid afternoon that it sold out.

Peter Pan, Jingle Cruise, and 7DMT rarely fell below 40 minutes wait time. Prior AH events, PP was a walk on and 7D was almost a walk on - 10 minutes max.

All of that said, beats the heck out of the day crowd. Out of control. Makes me wonder if we should keep our next trip as planned.
Did the Pan line extend out the front queue? Because I’ve waited in that line when it’s standby only, the full queue (going all the way to Harbor House) was only 30 min. This happened during EE, so no LL was available.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Weird. I could buy a ticket as of 6pm CST that day. Maybe AP tickets were still available? I should try without logging in and see what’s available.

WDWFanDave

Weird. I could buy a ticket as of 6pm CST that day. Maybe AP tickets were still available? I should try without logging in and see what’s available.
Certainly could have been in that timeframe. My sense of time is definitely off as the sun sets later here than I’m used to. We had been tracking it and hoping it wouldn’t move to sold out status.

WDWFanDave

Did the Pan line extend out the front queue? Because I’ve waited in that line when it’s standby only, the full queue (going all the way to Harbor House) was only 30 min. This happened during EE, so no LL was available.
I don’t recall how far back the line was, it definitely didn’t extend out the front. I didn’t want to get in any potential lengthy queue, as the time for the event is short and we wanted to see the fireworks and parade. I’ll say that the fireworks were fantastic. Parade was fun but felt lacking on performers, enjoyed it in spite of that. We didn’t take time to see the stage show,

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
According to the calendar, December 14th has sold out.

December - 5, 7, 9, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21

Dates still available -

December - 2, 3, 10, 16

rustincohle

Going tonight, currently on the bus from Pop Century. The bus queue was huge, over a dozen parties couldn’t fit in the double bus that arrived. Makes me wonder if this’ll be anything like the low crowd event Disney advertise.

(Apologies for breaking rank and paying Disney’s obscene prices; this will probably be our only ever Christmas trip from the UK so we were certain we wanted to do a party!)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Going tonight, currently on the bus from Pop Century. The bus queue was huge, over a dozen parties couldn’t fit in the double bus that arrived. Makes me wonder if this’ll be anything like the low crowd event Disney advertise.

(Apologies for breaking rank and paying Disney’s obscene prices; this will probably be our only ever Christmas trip from the UK so we were certain we wanted to do a party!)
Let us know how it goes.

rustincohle

I don’t think it’s been overly dissimilar to the reports of other ones TBH, I expect they only had a few percent of tickets unsold at the most.

Most rides a walk on (we did everything we wanted to with waits of 0-5 minutes, and will jump into the Seven Dwarves queue just before the end). Easy enough to get decent fireworks viewing (parade too, albeit we viewed from Frontierland not Main Street). But not quite the near-ghost town that they hype up. Enjoyable for sure, but I can’t recommend given the price.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
According to the calendar, December 16th has sold out.

December - 5, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21

Dates still available -

December - 3, 10

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom