News Disney Very Merriest After Hours

Shellyl64

My husband and I will be at DW the first day of the party. We are trying to decide whether to go or not. I haven’t been to it in probably 10 years. We are not sure what to do. Is there a DVC discount?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
According to the calendar, the first date to sell out is November 9th -

View attachment 594449

1634908793321.png

Two! Two sold out dates!! Hahahahaha.

- The Count

tag: @wdwmagic

PSM

Anyone have thoughts on if this could mean anything for crowd levels during regular park hours on these two days? Of course, those are my two magic kingdom days on my trip, but we aren’t doing the after hours party, just regular park hours.

Was hoping two random weekdays in early November might mean “lower” crowd levels, but I guess not?

RoadiJeff

The 11th is my night. It will be interesting to see what "Sold Out" crowds are like.
My wife and I attended an evening of the MVMCP in 2019. Prior to me buying the tickets I inquired about the lack of availability of FastPasses for the event, unlike during the regular park hours. A customer service rep replied that they were not needed because the crowds were like night and day and only a limited number of guests would be in the park for the special event.

We had been in the MK park all day and the crowds were tolerable but I was looking forward to the evening hours when everything thinned out and we could go from ride to ride with little to no wait and pick up free cookies at various locations throughout the park. I quickly learned that the customer service rep had it all backwards as far as crowd levels. It seemed like there were at least twice as many people for the party as there had been during the day. No FastPasses, you just had to stand in long lines (frequently in the rain) if you wanted to ride anything. No scheduled parades because they were canceled due to the weather.

We did go around to most of the locations that had free cookies and free drinks. I figured if I was paying that much I might as well get something out of it other than wet feet from all the rain. It is something I will never do again. Hopefully, your experience will be better.

granfiesta

My wife and I attended an evening of the MVMCP in 2019. Prior to me buying the tickets I inquired about the lack of availability of FastPasses for the event, unlike during the regular park hours. A customer service rep replied that they were not needed because the crowds were like night and day and only a limited number of guests would be in the park for the special event.

We had been in the MK park all day and the crowds were tolerable but I was looking forward to the evening hours when everything thinned out and we could go from ride to ride with little to no wait and pick up free cookies at various locations throughout the park. I quickly learned that the customer service rep had it all backwards as far as crowd levels. It seemed like there were at least twice as many people for the party as there had been during the day. No FastPasses, you just had to stand in long lines (frequently in the rain) if you wanted to ride anything. No scheduled parades because they were canceled due to the weather.

We did go around to most of the locations that had free cookies and free drinks. I figured if I was paying that much I might as well get something out of it other than wet feet from all the rain. It is something I will never do again. Hopefully, your experience will be better.
To rebut your MVMCP experience...My wife and I went to an After Hours party also in 2019 and it was fantastic! Disney has said that this year is supposed to more "After Hours" like and less "MVMCP" like in regards to attendance. When we went to the AH party, the crowds were non-existent, so much so that by the latter end of the night, there were sections of the park that literally had no one in them except us. I'm optimistic that this will be similar to that.

raymusiccity

So, we are getting Minnies Wonderful Christmastime back this year but no Halloween fireworks… I thought the idea was to present Enchantment each night to all day and event guests? and no mention of even Christmas cavalcades? I’m confused lol.
It's Disney's version of 'The New Normal' ! 🙁

IanDLBZF

Bummer....
I've had great MVMCP experiences back in 2016 & 2017! Both were not too crowded, short wait times sans 7DMT. 2019 was a tad bit more busier though.

gerarar

Premium Member
Never saw this show personally but it probably would be better than Enchantment as there are obviously more fireworks. Anyone noticed differences from 2019 to now?

I did a mini analysis of the test run in the other thread here:
Here’s a good recording of last nights test with music. They rehearsed Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks.

From the looks of it, some castle/FL rooftop fireworks were cut and/or reduced. Also perimeter shells were reduced (most notable section is the finale before the line “It’s my favorite time of the yearrr!” — time stamp 11:20 in video).

Also some quick comparisons of the castle/FL pyro cut (all from the finale song):

Before — There were comets going along with the hearts:
View attachment 596766
Now — No comets, just the hearts:
View attachment 596767

Before — 5 streams on either side:View attachment 596770
Now — just 3 on either side:
View attachment 596771
Sure, this is just a test; regardless, sad to see what is missing and probably cut from the show that’s re-debuting in a week..

But pretty much yes, MWCF is a much better and well-rounded show than Enchantment imo. Kinda like a holiday-HEA. It has more fireworks (especially the "finale") and castle/FL pyro. Plus the music used throughout is nice. Finale song "When We're Together" mashup'd with "Wonderful Christmastime" is pretty epic/emotional too.

TTA94

I did a mini analysis of the test run in the other thread here:

But pretty much yes, MWCF is a much better and well-rounded show than Enchantment imo. Kinda like a holiday-HEA. It has more fireworks (especially the "finale") and castle/FL pyro. Plus the music used throughout is nice. Finale song "When We're Together" mashup'd with "Wonderful Christmastime" is pretty epic/emotional too.

Im sure this was probably asked when MWCT first debuted but does Jordan Fisher and Angie Keilhauer sing “When We’re Together”?

gerarar

Premium Member
Im sure this was probably asked when MWCT first debuted but does Jordan Fisher and Angie Keilhauer sing “When We’re Together”?
Nope, Angie has a rasp-like in her voice and the female singing in MWCT definitely does not. I don't think we even ever got an official soundtrack release for the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom