News Disney Very Merriest After Hours

cslafferty

Finally got through to a cast member (1 hour 37 min) and got tickets for Dec 10. She didn’t know why it wasn’t showing up on the event calendar either🤷‍♀️

Tony the Tigger

Are you suggesting that the people making the decision to buy Boo Bash tickets encouraged Disney to overcharge even more? That bad consumer decisions made things worse? How odd.

There are no bad consumer decisions; there are value judgments.

I have never been to one of these events. I’m going to one Boo Bash.

Since they aren’t selling my usual AP, a one day MK ticket would cost around $100, out by 9pm. More specifically in my case, a 3 day FL ticket would get me in for around $65 or so.

With Delta, I’ve been back and forth on whether to go at all. To me, lower crowds = everything. I don’t care about parades or whatever else is “omitted.”

To me, the *value* of going from 7pm to 12:30am - with much of that time out of the hot sun - with very low crowds (both for Covid reasons and for short lines with no FP) is worth more than TWO daytime visits to MK in these circumstances. And it costs less than two days. And I’m exposed to far fewer potentially sick people.

That’s a win win win in my book. I wish I could do it at the other parks as well.

Your understanding, approval, judgment, and financial assessment don’t factor into any of that.

My opinion may or may not change after I actually experience the event vs. my expectations.

Having not gone yet, I think the price of the Christmas event sounds a bit much for me (it would be about $100 more per person.)

However, if we find the Boo Bash to exceed expectations, an extra $200 to take my husband on a day trip for his 50th birthday after the year we’ve had - I won’t completely rule it out yet. I’d weigh it against other options (taking family to dinner, etc.)

If someone else values it differently and wants to go, good for them.

SSH

With Delta, I’ve been back and forth on whether to go at all. To me, lower crowds = everything. I don’t care about parades or whatever else is “omitted.”
I don't disagree and understand why that would represent the biggest value to you. I just don't quite trust WDW to live up to their end of the deal and truly stick to a tight attendance number/lower crowd experience if/when they see demand peaking for tics, especially if they're worried about questionable Q3/Q4 financials - this would be an easy target.

It's actually the christmas event I really question: that one is going to be in huge demand. Do guests have any recourse if they pay a premium $200+ ticket price and then see WDW suddenly release "extra" tics closer to event that lengthen lines & crowds? WDW never states what "lower crowds/less wait time" means. I'd like to splurge, but just don't quite trust them at this point.

Disstevefan1

I don't disagree and understand why that would represent the biggest value to you. I just don't quite trust WDW to live up to their end of the deal and truly stick to a tight attendance number/lower crowd experience if/when they see demand peaking for tics, especially if they're worried about questionable Q3/Q4 financials - this would be an easy target.

It's actually the christmas event I really question: that one is going to be in huge demand. Do guests have any recourse if they pay a premium $200+ ticket price and then see WDW suddenly release "extra" tics closer to event that lengthen lines & crowds? WDW never states what "lower crowds/less wait time" means. I'd like to splurge, but just don't quite trust them at this point.
Totally agree! I guess we will see if they are actually limiting attendance for these things, but I too do not trust them and feel they will oversell these too.

TTA94

Seems like the ticket sales for Most Merriest have been low key so far compared to Boo Bash lol. Is it because resort guests can do it online unlike Boo Bash? Or is very few people buying tickets due to the prices?

My biggest issue is the no refund policy. Even if Disney does a cancelation for the event there is no refund! I don't agree with this and anything can happen between now and the date one choses and even if its Disney's fault they will still get your money. Ya its and expensive risk I'm not willing to take.

SSH

We’ll know in 8 days at the Boo Bash. If it feels unsafe or uncomfortable, I’ll adjust my plans.
I suspect the boo bash will have far lower crowds vs holiday event - so many more people - especially families - plan late Nov/Dec travel to see holiday lights and decor - and this year's going to be extra crazy. The best scenario would be to wait until reports come in from thanksgiving week dates - but by that time, all of dec tics will likely be gone.

Hope you guys have a blast! 🎃🎃🎃

Chip Chipperson

My biggest issue is the no refund policy. Even if Disney does a cancelation for the event there is no refund! I don't agree with this and anything can happen between now and the date one choses and even if its Disney's fault they will still get your money. Ya its and expensive risk I'm not willing to take.

If Disney cancels the event for some reason then they would refund you. However, if the weather is bad but the event goes on as scheduled and you decide not to go then you're SOL.

Ayla

Right. Now it's too much money for you (would be for us too) so you are annoyed and think the people paying for it now are fools and ruining Disney.

For the person who couldn't afford the parties you went to, they probably thought you were ruining Disney too.

I'm just saying, it was okay for you when you could afford it, now you can't or won't, so now anyone else who chooses to do so is the problem?

I get things are too expensive now. But I don't begrudge those who can afford something I can't. Certainly don't feel the need to insult them. Disney getting greedy is the problem, not the customer.
Disney is greedy because customers keep paying. It isn't a hard concept - people stop paying, prices are reduced. It's the backbone of economics; supply and demand.

TikibirdLand

Disney is greedy because customers keep paying. It isn't a hard concept - people stop paying, prices are reduced. It's the backbone of economics; supply and demand.
agreed. We cancelled two trips now, one to WDW and another to DL, due to the pandemic. We started planning yet another WDW trip and were shocked at the increases just from early 2020 and now. With all the changes going on, we'll keep our vacation dollars at home. Maybe we'll visit WDW or DL later. Just got us thinking about our alternatives.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

If DISNEY cancels the event they will refund you.

Ayla

agreed. We cancelled two trips now, one to WDW and another to DL, due to the pandemic. We started planning yet another WDW trip and were shocked at the increases just from early 2020 and now. With all the changes going on, we'll keep our vacation dollars at home. Maybe we'll visit WDW or DL later. Just got us thinking about our alternatives.
I'm done with the parks. The announcement yesterday was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom