News Disney Very Merriest After Hours

KingdomofDreams

Considering that Magic Kingdom hasn't had a night parade for years, and even more years since an original night parade, the very least they could do is run the Christmas parade w/snow on Main St through the Holiday season. I understand Disney is a business, but the greed is really starting to be too much.

wutisgood

Sea World had the best christmas event in orlando before the prices went up on and prob one of the best in the country outside of dollywood or silver dollar city assuming things are still the same. I will fly down on a weekend trip and avoid disney and not feel bad about it,

po1998

Oh right! Almost forgot that one too. Cute and simple overlay. Still nice though.

I had a hard time with picturing myself spending the money on Boo Bash (skipping it). This is just absurd being $200+ for the majority of nights. Easy skip for me.

This is so sad, but if there are enough suckers who will pay these prices, I guess in their money grubbing brains, they made the right decision.

TDLFan

For the price of the event, they could certainly punch up that parade. I think the current version is a step backwards from Mickey's Very Merry Christmas parade. Those units are ancient! And don't even get me started how they kick off the Halloween parade with that gazebo unit which has been there for over 30 years!

Baloo62

PLEASE go to $399 a ticket! Or better yet, $599 a ticket! Come on Disney, you know there are people that will continue to justify and pay whatever you ask. Oh and that Star Wars hotel? Triple it immediately. I'm literally begging you.

Disstevefan1

View attachment 571713

"Magic Kingdom Park

Holidays are sure to be enchanting at Magic Kingdom Park, where quintessential decorations will return to Main Street, U.S.A. When the sun sets, special holiday projections will appear most nights on Cinderella Castle, alternating periodically with the castle’s transformation into a Beacon of Magic.* What a great way to celebrate the holidays and the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort!

Now, talk about an early holiday gift… “Disney Very Merriest After Hours,” a new special-ticketed event, will debut Nov. 8 before all the rest of the festive fun. It will be available on select nights through Dec. 21. The four hours of festivities will delight guests with “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks,” Disney characters throughout the park, holiday music and décor, treats included and so much more! As with other Disney After Hours events, a limited number of tickets will be sold for this event. It’s held after regular park operating hours, with lower wait times and access to more than 20 select attractions.

Tickets will go on sale next month, with an early purchase window available to guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels."

Here's the event page -

I have a feeling that the parties as we knew them before the pandemic are gone for good.

I think these after hour events will become more and more frequent with newly created themes.

It works for Disney on so many levels:

They were able to use the pandemic to immediately stop the other parties.
The after hours parties can be called a “safe alternative” to the old parties.
They can charge more and provide less.
As I said above, more and more differently themed after hour parties will be created.
The operating hours for the day ticket is shortened for the after hours events.
And the best of all, there will be a sort of “daytime ticket” and a “nighttime ticket”; Disney can charge twice for a single days entry to a park.

I think this is gonna work….

po1998

Isn’t that good business sense? You could say the same about all the suckers sitting in their first class airplane seats.
Not exactly a great comparison considering the majority of 1st class fliers are business owners who write off the expense, or business travelers who get reimbursed for the expense. 😉

Andrew M

I just don't understand how this pricing is sustainable long term. I could see people with pent-up demand and a vacation fund they haven't touched in almost 2 years, but $249 each?!?!? So over $1,250 for a family of 5 for a 5 hour party?

Eventually they'll run out of people to pay this much, right? ugh.

Disone

For the price of the event, they could certainly punch up that parade. I think the current version is a step backwards from Mickey's Very Merry Christmas parade. Those units are ancient! And don't even get me started how they kick off the Halloween parade with that gazebo unit which has been there for over 30 years!
100% Once Upon A Christmastime at Christmas is boring compared to the Very Merry Christmas parade. I would give it a slightly The Edge over Disneyland Christmas fantasy which I've always found to be a complete snoozefest. And normally I like a Disneyland parade. But there's just something about Disneyland Christmas fantasy that just puts me to sleep it's just not an exciting parade.

But punching it up is probably a pipe dream. If anything it'll be a watered-down version. One thing's for sure though it's going to have that has evil somewhere in there was some Garland hanging on it and a Christmas tree in the middle.

dreday3

This is so sad, but if there are enough suckers who will pay these prices, I guess in their money grubbing brains, they made the right decision.

PLEASE go to $399 a ticket! Or better yet, $599 a ticket! Come on Disney, you know there are people that will continue to justify and pay whatever you ask. Oh and that Star Wars hotel? Triple it immediately. I'm literally begging you.

I just don't understand how this pricing is sustainable long term. I could see people with pent-up demand and a vacation fund they haven't touched in almost 2 years, but $249 each?!?!? So over $1,250 for a family of 5 for a 5 hour party?

You forgot it's now an 'After Hours' event. I had someone try to justify the price jump because it's not called a party anymore. Just terrible.

I'm assuming none of you went to the Christmas parties, right?

Because otherwise it would be quite hypocritical of you to call others who choose to go "suckers" because you don't like the price point, while if you chose to go to the original parties, I'm sure there were guests back then who couldn't afford those party price points and blamed you for the increase in up-charge events.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

They didn't run out for BOOdah.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom