Disney Vacation Traditions

mamabunker

Do you have anything that you do every time you take a Disney vacation?

We have a few. For years, my husband and I have been counting lizards (weird, right?). The count starts over every day. Now that we have kids, they think it's fun and they help us out.

We also have a notebook and each night, write down each person's favorite part of the day. We do this on non-Disney vacations and day trips, too.

In the same notebook, we write down the states that we see license plates from. Our goal is to see all 50 states in one trip. It hasn't happened yet.

Mrsdonaldduck

We just started collecting Xmas ornaments this past September and we have one tradition that happens every time(except this last trip). That tradition is that on every MK night we have to be the last ones in line and I have to be the last one in a Doombuggy(with exception to the CM).
Ok I have a stupid question.... I love this tradition of collecting ornaments. Where is the best place to shop for them? I want to start this tradition for our family?

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

hahaha...this is me all the way...i book at 180 days out and still, after i got ours down, i feel the urge to move this, move that etc....im not sure why, i guess its because we visualize the day of our adr and we think, "will i be near there at my res. time?" lol....gotta love it

Meeee toooo! I have 5 days until i can make my ADR's and have an alarm set to remind me. But I am the same way, i will make one or two and move and change the days and times according to what i think we will be doing and what is available. Actually, the new app has been a great asset in that as well, we had canceled one of our reservations because we just decided we didn't want to go to the MK, and i was able to look on my phone at the park, see what was available for the evening, and book one. I felt bad for all the people standing outside Via Napoli waiting for a table when it was only like 50 degrees outside and windy.

Upvote 0

Aurora1

Ok I have a stupid question.... I love this tradition of collecting ornaments. Where is the best place to shop for them? I want to start this tradition for our family?

Disney's Days of Christmas is my favorite, in DTD! I also love going to the stores in each country at Epcot to look- they sometimes have really cute ones there! Mouse Gear also has some good Epcot themed ones- I just got a really cute one of the Spaceship Earth building with flags for each country around the side!

Upvote 0

Aurora1

We have a couple, some brand new that we're going to start & others that have been around forever!

1. Get an ice cream each day at the park- no matter the weather!
2. Buy an ornament each trip- I almost have a full tree just with my Disney ornaments!
3. Watch the Electric Water Pageant at least once on the trip!
4. Watch Wishes at least once from within MK and once from a hotel.
5. Take a nice & a goofy picture in front of all four park landmarks.
6. Always start at AK, then HS, Epcot then save MK for last! We build to our favorite parks, especially if we're only getting 4 park days in

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

hahaha...this is me all the way...i book at 180 days out and still, after i got ours down, i feel the urge to move this, move that etc....im not sure why, i guess its because we visualize the day of our adr and we think, "will i be near there at my res. time?" lol....gotta love it

It's always comforting to know that I'm not the only one. :D I had to warn my father today that the ADRs I'm proposing right now might be a hair ...or drastically different by the time we travel.

Upvote 0

Runmyhorse

We have several. We just started the chrisrmas ornament every trip. We normally get in the room and settled. Then we go exploring the hotel grounds. Then we go swim for a while and then go to dtd. We just relax and look. This is normally where we get our ornament. Our last day is always mk normally a halloween party if we are there during that time. Our last ride is always haunted mansion. My dh has to be the last one on the ride if at all posible.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

i love reading all these. it makes me think were all part of a family...cheesy huh? our first day there is getting into our room, changing and hitting the pool for a couple hours and then going to DTD for dinner at earl of sandwich...not sure why, it just happened like that our first night of our first trip and it stuck lol...isnt that how traditions start? :) this may sound dumb but whenever were in epcot and we leave the figment ride, my family like to do the honey i shrunk the kids 3D (now captain eo) i never do, i always sit in that area where the water squirts from one fountain to the other...(right above the upside down waterfall) and i just sit in the sun, the wind on me, watching out over epcot for those 20 or so minutes....its so peaceful, im on vacation, no worries, the green grass and trees...ah epcot...
for my whole family, our fave tradition is just being there with them....everything is perfect in those 8 or 9 days...
Nope... you aren't cheesy at all!!! Just one of the happy wedges in a HUGE wheel of cheese here on wdwmagic!!!! We're ALL family here!!! :)

Upvote 0
We must ride COP... I always worry it will be gone on our next trip.
I love Carousel of Progress, as well! It's been one of my favorite rides from a very young age. I've had that same fear, but there seems to be no word about closing it :)
That's a tradition for me, as well. I NEED to ride it at least once per trip.

Upvote 0

gobraves

Ornaments, teppan edo before illuminations and i always get a new monogramed beer stein, glass or mug from germany that i proudly display and use. You can never have enough alcoholic beverage containers.

For people who like the ornaments, i would suggest carrying that tradition to every place you visit. We have been doing that for some time and it makes your xmas tree a memories tree every year.

Upvote 0

seniordisneyfan

Once we land in Florida and catch our bus to one of our favorite Disney Hotels, close to EPCOT, I usually head near the pool. From there I send my daughter and son-in-law to EPCOT to England and the PUB for Fish & Chips.
It's nice to relax at the pool side and enjoy a good drink with Fish&Chips. It"s great to start the day at Disney after a 2hr. flight and shuffling with people at the airport, and just relax for awhile before enjoying our faction.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom