News Disney Vacation Club announces plans for more than 350 new cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

scottieRoss

Theres a repeating disclaimer for every interior shot that says its a model and the actual interiors may look different. There is a heavy effort trying to link it with IP and history, but IMHO it falls pretty flat.
It is literally the sales version of the cabin. IT is what the cabin will be. Not some concept art of another resort. And the disclaimer is standard on all sales.

peter11435

Theres a repeating disclaimer for every interior shot that says its a model and the actual interiors may look different. There is a heavy effort trying to link it with IP and history, but IMHO it falls pretty flat.
That’s a standard disclaimer they already use for this sort of thing.

nickys

Premium Member
Have they done anything to end the confusion over the oven / stove yet?

I can’t believe they haven’t got a model / mock-up ready for people to view. You’d think that should have happened before sales opened. 🤦‍♀️

CaptainAmerica

So I’m confused as to what’s happening here.

Obviously the “DVC Cabins” are the new ones, of which one loop is opening in July. We also know 30 have been declared into DVD as of that date.

But if they are also opening up reservations for the new cabins on these dates, that surely suggests they must have more than 30 ready by July. Disney can only take availability from the DVC inventory within 60 days of check-in - so-called “breakage”.

Have reservations for the Cabins been suspended now? Or are the old style cabins still available to book online etc?
Disney doesn't have to wait for 60 days to declare breakage. They can make "reasonable estimations" of breakage ahead of time. Though I have no clue how they'd make those estimations with no historical booking patterns.

nickys

Premium Member
Disney doesn't have to wait for 60 days to declare breakage. They can make "reasonable estimations" of breakage ahead of time. Though I have no clue how they'd make those estimations with no historical booking patterns.

Somewhat related to that, there’s at least one site and several individuals who use their IT skills to look at the machine code behind the DVC booking system and determine how many rooms are available in each category.

Apparently by the last weekend of July the DVC system has 43 cabins available for booking. Which suggests they intend to declare at least another 13 cabins into DVC inventory just a month after it opens. They must be expecting demand from members to be pretty high to have already decided that.

Like you said, how they are determining these figures is perplexing without a precedent of this kind of resort.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Have they done anything to end the confusion over the oven / stove yet?

I can’t believe they haven’t got a model / mock-up ready for people to view. You’d think that should have happened before sales opened. 🤦‍♀️

Coming back to this, it does appear they have:

"Through the sconce-flanked front doors is a spacious living area featuring a dining nook and a fully equipped kitchen—including a refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and full-size oven/range. Off the kitchen you’ll find a vanity area outside the entrance to the bathroom, which has a shower and an additional vanity inside. A convertible seating and sleeping area is located opposite the kitchen and boasts a 65-inch TV and a comfortable sofa—the perfect spot to gather your family to watch a favorite Disney movie. At bedtime, simply fold down the queen-size Inova bed from the wall, for added sleeping space. In the separate bedroom, you’ll find a queen-size bed, twin-size bunk beds, a 55-inch TV, a closet and a nightstand."

2600loop

"Through the sconce-flanked front doors is a spacious living area featuring a dining nook and a fully equipped kitchen—including a refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and full-size oven/range. Off the kitchen you’ll find a vanity area outside the entrance to the bathroom, which has a shower and an additional vanity inside. A convertible seating and sleeping area is located opposite the kitchen and boasts a 65-inch TV and a comfortable sofa—the perfect spot to gather your family to watch a favorite Disney movie. At bedtime, simply fold down the queen-size Inova bed from the wall, for added sleeping space. In the separate bedroom, you’ll find a queen-size bed, twin-size bunk beds, a 55-inch TV, a closet and a nightstand."

It looks like they used AI to design the kitchen /living room
the claustrophobic placement of the refrigerator next to the stove and the strange placement of the tv in relation to the couch specifically The old layout was perfect but I guess they prioritized the larger bathroom instead

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

So is there a separate couch across from the TV or is it just the pull down queen bed?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
South Florida Water Management Permits we recently filed for this project. They filed them under Walt Disney instead of RCID so I missed them when they were first posted.

1710804323404.png

1710804372573.png

1710804391669.png

1710804418432.png

nickys

Premium Member
Wouldn't make sense to us these for affordable housing for CM'S
My theory is they’re hoping to get some money in the coffers to go towards the future refurbs. The new ones are going to be expensive to maintain and I think they’ll have to be completely replaced after 25 years or so. Even with the high maintenance fees that cost will be astronomical compared with a full refurb of a normal DVC room.
I’m not sure how many they can actually sell though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom