News Disney Vacation Club announces plans for more than 350 new cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

peter11435

Seriously? These are actual trailers…not cabins…and whatever things you’re trying to assume here is on you.

I’m also a DVC member and I have my own opinion on these and that resort compared to other deluxe resort accommodations

If some people like them and enjoy paying that much for them that’s great. Same with the over murky swamp water bungalows. Have at it
Look at the point soar right over your head.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Unfortunately the lack of a washer/dryer in these units make them a no-go for our family, unless we go for a weekend trip; but even then a studio at one of the other resorts would be better.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
So the windows have patterns, which is fine, but they cold have at least simulated that porch is outside. Cabins are not quite ground level as made to appear.

Screenshot_20240322_212548_Chrome.jpg

plutofan15

Seriously? These are actual trailers…not cabins…and whatever things you’re trying to assume here is on you.

I’m also a DVC member and I have my own opinion on these and that resort compared to other deluxe resort accommodations

If some people like them and enjoy paying that much for them that’s great. Same with the over murky swamp water bungalows. Have at it
You do know that the old “cabins” are actually trailers with fancy siding, right?

Tony the Tigger

I have all kinds of conflicting thoughts and feelings on these, probably very much clouded by the fact that we’ve stayed here almost exclusively for the last several years with our dog, who passed away two months ago. She was very comfortable there. We could never leave her alone in any hotel room anywhere because, I presume, it felt like locking her in a room, which she did not love. Here, it felt like leaving her at home. She could walk from room to room, we never left her very long, or to go to the parks, or anything like that. But it was nice to know we could go pick up some food or whatever.

So I’m torn by the fact that I wouldn’t want to visit one of the old cabins right this minute. But I’d kind of like to know I could down the road. Clearly, that won’t be the case.

Also, we may not have as much opportunity to book the new ones since they will be DVC, and will cost more than they have recently.

A DVC rep called 2 days ago. Apparently I had expressed interest when this was first announced, and he was following up. I didn’t hang up on him, but I’m not sure the math works.

Beyond that, re: the new vs. old layout: IMO, the bathroom is likely to feel less private. Everyone walking or driving down the road is facing bathrooms.

The TV is now sharing a wall with the bedroom, rather than being on the opposite wall as it was - so if someone stays up late to watch TV in the living area, it may disturb the person/people going to bed earlier.

I enjoyed the log cabin-esque motif with the “glamping” interior.

Btw, yes, these will still be pet friendly. It may be about a year or so before we need to consider that.

IMG_9892.jpeg

celluloid

I have all kinds of conflicting thoughts and feelings on these, probably very much clouded by the fact that we’ve stayed here almost exclusively for the last several years with our dog, who passed away two months ago. She was very comfortable there. We could never leave her alone in any hotel room anywhere because, I presume, it felt like locking her in a room, which she did not love. Here, it felt like leaving her at home. She could walk from room to room, we never left her very long, or to go to the parks, or anything like that. But it was nice to know we could go pick up some food or whatever.

So I’m torn by the fact that I wouldn’t want to visit one of the old cabins right this minute. But I’d kind of like to know I could down the road. Clearly, that won’t be the case.

Also, we may not have as much opportunity to book the new ones since they will be DVC, and will cost more than they have recently.

A DVC rep called 2 days ago. Apparently I had expressed interest when this was first announced, and he was following up. I didn’t hang up on him, but I’m not sure the math works.

Beyond that, re: the new vs. old layout: IMO, the bathroom is likely to feel less private. Everyone walking or driving down the road is facing bathrooms.

The TV is now sharing a wall with the bedroom, rather than being on the opposite wall as it was - so if someone stays up late to watch TV in the living area, it may disturb the person/people going to bed earlier.

Btw, yes, these will still be pet friendly. It may be about a year or so before we need to consider that.

View attachment 774412
I know you have me set to ignore, but I wanted to say sorry for the loss of the member of your family.
Glad you took that family member on journeys.

nickys

Premium Member

View attachment 774412
I’m so sorry to hear about your dog. ☹️ That is one gorgeous photo of her in last week’s contest.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The upcoming DVC cabins will actually be more of a permanent installation than the previous cabins, but don't let facts get in the way
What’s the difference? They’ll be as permanent as the ones they are replacing.

I just don’t think they fit the fort wilderness theme / vibe and they don’t fit normal DVC resort amenities. I have no problem with whoever buying into that or staying there however, but it’s just a step backwards in theming like many of their resort rethemes in places

Unbanshee

What’s the difference? They’ll be as permanent as the ones they are replacing.

There is new construction taking place at each site that will anchor the cabin to the site. That wasn't there before.

Additionally, from the Orlando Sentinel:
"The existing cabins, in place since 1999, are manufactured homes on wheels. They’ll be replaced with permanent structures the same size as their predecessors — 504 square feet. The first of the outgoing trailers rolled away this week."

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
The strangest part for me is making them DVC. It’s almost like Disney is trying to guarantee more occupancy onsite
I agree. My parents and I were talking about this the other night, the cabins just aren't up to DVC "quality" for us. We can't imagine any scenario where we'd ever consider using our points to stay in them. If we wanted that rustic vibe, we'd splure for a Treehouse Villa.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom