Disney Train Tour

Bill Smugs

If you mean the Steam train tour then I can help you out. You can take a bus from your resort that early as you need to be as therre are busses going to the MK for the character breakfeast at cryustal palace. Just check with your front desk or concearage for waht time you should be there. If you need to or want to take a taxi have them drop you at the contempoary.

alanbrai

The only tip I can give you, if it id the "Magic behind our Steam Train" tour, is do not miss it. I have been on most of the tours that WDW offers and this tour, for me, is by far the best tour they have.

NASAMan

If you are a rabid ferroequinologist (iron horse fan!), you won't mind the early hours associated with this tour. We stayed on property, and although I was assured by the front desk a bus would be there to take us to the MK front gate, a group of security CMs said it was too early. One of them asked where we were headed and offered a ride in his security vehicle. Turns out he was 3rd shift resort security shift. Very nice, chatted with us all the way to be dropped off at the front bus loop, which got us there way earlier than I had planned. He then called over a uniformed security CM and put him in charge of us until the planned meeting time. My wife and I watched the sun rise behind the Main Station as we waited for other families and our RR guide. Even my wife, who typically has no interest in this, had a great time. If you want to get a taste, check out this Burnsland photo essay.

retlaw1

This was hands down the best tour I've taken at Disney so far.

1. Get there early! I thought I had to be there at 8, so I got there at 725. Turns out it was 730. We left behind several people who missed the tour start time.
2. Eat before hand. I don't remember much of a break except to grab a water and use the restroom around 10am.
3. Bring your camera. Disney may tell you that no pictures are allowed, but they only told us not to take pictures of the security offices. We got tons of up close shots of the trains when we toured them at the maintenance shed.
4. Make a late ADR for lunch. This tour may go long, and you don't want to miss a minute. I wouldn't schedule lunch any earlier than 1230.
5. Stick around for your steam train pin.
6. Be sure and get shots of Main Street when it is empty at the start of the tour, and when it is crowded at the end of the tour.
7. Don't lean against the train. The grease is a pain to get out of clothing.

WendyWDW

Disney Steam Train Tour

My husband has taken it twice and really likes it. One thing he noted was that picture taking is not allowed, so you probably don't need to bother taking a camera along. But I think that's true for most of the behind the scenes tours.

It makes riding the trains afterward even more entertaining because of the things he learned on the tour. (What the whistle sounds mean, how they maintain the steam, etc.) He's constantly pointing things out to me when we ride now. It's great.

jsharpay

I did the tour on 15 Sept and I took around 60 pictures. It is OK to take pictures. I enjoyed it very muck. A must do if you like trains.

mikeymouse

My husband has taken it twice and really likes it. One thing he noted was that picture taking is not allowed, so you probably don't need to bother taking a camera along. But I think that's true for most of the behind the scenes tours.

It makes riding the trains afterward even more entertaining because of the things he learned on the tour. (What the whistle sounds mean, how they maintain the steam, etc.) He's constantly pointing things out to me when we ride now. It's great.

We were encouraged to take pictures except while we were on the spur to the roundhouse. We took plenty of pictures in and out of the roundhouse, outside where the monorails switches are, and in the park. One note, if you have your own vehicle, you won't have to pay parking that day since no one is at the booths that early. We parked right up front by the tram underpass and got to see CM's still cleaning from the night before. All the monorails were doing their safety checks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom