Disney Traditions!

prberk

Brian Skinner said:
First night and last nighgt at MK, dole whips, and watch the kiss goodnight on the last night of our trip.......something about hearing Mickey saying "See Ya Real Soon".

I am sure that I should know this, but what is the "kiss goodnight"?

Also, Brian, where do you live in Virginia? I am in Chesterfield (the Richmond area). Seem to be a number of us Virginians here! I like your Va. license plate!

prberk

I made a 45-minute Disney-World collection tape for the 25th Anniversary trip that I took in 1997, and ever since then I have listened to it for the last 45 minutes of the ride in (from about 10 minutes past Daytona on I-4). It includes regular Disney songs, plus some from the parks (like Golden Dream), and the Linda Ronstadt version of "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes," and it ends with "Be Our Guest" -- which I try to time with my arrival at WDW (which I enter through Hotel Plaza Blvd. and DTD).

A few years ago I started a tradition of going first to the Contemporary marina and renting a mouse/sprite boat and boating over the water bridge to the Seven Seas Lagoon, to just enjoy the fact that I am in fact at Walt Disney World, boating around right in front of the Magic Kingdom in sunny Florida! It helps me know that my vacation has started!

I also like to go to the 15th floor of the Contemporary at some point and go out to the observation deck and sort of just look out over it all.

Those are a few of my traditions that I guess I look forward to the most.

njblackberry

Our tradition is to always find something new to do as a family; one trip is was getting haircuts at the Barber Shop on Main St. Last trip's goal was to sit in the front cab of the Monorail. One time we "made" my wife go on Test Track (she's very wimpy).

But we always do the classic MK rides together - PoTC, Pooh, IASW (not the last time - it was closed), Peter Pan, and our new favorite classic, Buzz...

SpenceMan01

We ALWAYS ride the monorail and visit MK on our first day. ALWAYS.

We used to watch Illuminations EVERY night we were at Disney, but then they went and changed it to RoE, which we DESPISE, so that tradition is O-U-T.

New2WDW

We go to Chef Mickey's the night we arrive and we always go to MK the first full day and last full day of our trip! No reason it just sorta happened that way for us.

diddy_mouse

we always go to MK the first day, usually right after we check in and freshen up from the flight. other traditions include:
- take the traditional picture of the Cindy's castle from Main St.
- ride BTMR at night
- take the monorail from MK to Epcot (gotta love hearing: "Through the trees ahead and on the right hand side of our foward motion, you can see Spaceship Earth...")

my goal for this trip is to get a picture w/the mouse himself :)

longfamily

Our first tradition is to take a pic in front of the Mickey made of flowers at the gate of MK. Next we always take a pic of us walking down Main street with the castle as a background. Finally, on the first night of our trip we always eat in the castle.

Pongo

I go with my aunt/uncle/cousins/many other family members to MVMCP every year. We always go on a Friday night and stay in the All-Star Sports. On Saturday we go mini golfing and the like. On Sunday morning we go to a character breakfast and then hang out while we wait for it to be 4:00 so we can go to the Magic Kingdom. On Monday afternoon we go to DTD and shop before heading back home.

The was actually more of an itinerary than traditions...

Well, I always go into Tomorrowland first, get a fastpass for Buzz, then get in the Stand-By for Space Mountain.

:D

Melerella

My family and I always eat lunch at Pinocchio's Village Haus on our first day at MK. And before we leave we ride Big Thunder and Splash at nighttime.

bigorangeandy

We always take a picture of the kids in front of the wishing well by the castle. Last year we got our family photo taken with Mickey in front of the Partners statue, and I hope that we can make that a tradition. I always eat one meal at Cosmic Rays each trip.

WDWRLD

prberk said:
I am sure that I should know this, but what is the "kiss goodnight"?

Also, Brian, where do you live in Virginia? I am in Chesterfield (the Richmond area). Seem to be a number of us Virginians here! I like your Va. license plate!

The Kiss Goodnight is a short 5 min long show that is done with lights and music on cindys castle usually about 30 min after official park closing.

I live in Hampton.

Another tradition is we always take a picture of our son by the indian in front of the Market House on Main Street. Its funny to look at how much he grows from trip to trip.

JAS24

We always start at the MK and ride IASW.
We always go to a restaurant on Main Street (can't remember what it is called at the mo!) it's on the top right hand side and they do the best banana splits. We go in as a family and that is all we order - a banana split each and we can never finish them.
On our last day we hop around the parks and do our favourite attractions - we try to fit them all in as it's usually a couple of years before we can visit again.

donald23

We usually stop at the bakery on Main Street to eat a danish and cinnamon roll. Then we try to get on Space Mountain before the line builds up.

brich

A countdown at home for the last month or so and the first morning we are there starts with a character breakfast at Chef Mickeys. :sohappy:

CalistaClap

I'm from Canada, and have been 6 times. When we go, it's usually for a week or 2 at a time, so have lots of time to make "traditions".

We always fly late afternoon/early evening, so instead of waste a park ticket that day, we go to DTD and look around, get ourselves excited for the next day.

Going on Journey into the imagination has been a tradition since I was a child. They had changed it the last time we were there (2004). Figment just wasn't the same. The carosel of progess is a must do as well.

Also, a trip isn't complete without getting a mickey icecream on a stick!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Mickey Ice Cream Bars, parmesean mashed potatoes at Chef Mickeys, chicken quesadillas (if staying at an All Star resort), and chocolate chip cookies. Oh yeah, and riding in the front of the monorail. There are other things, too, but we'll have to see if we do/enjoy them on our upcoming trip to know if they are tradition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom