Disney Toy Monorails

dkrfla

The current Epcot Festival Guide has a small picture of one and indicates that they are available at the American Adventure gift shop.

hansel1

I recently purchased the Contemporary resort from Mousegear sales. I originally saw it in one of the shops at the Contemporary (of all places!:ROFLOL::drevil:) when I was on vacation in October. But since it was so big, I opted to order it through the Disney merchandise Mousegear line.

For the past few years me and my sisters have purchased a Disney monorail piece for our dad for Christmas. The collection is growing. The Contemporary is pretty nice and pretty big and it looks like we might need some more monorail track.

Just like the "old" train around the base of the Christmas tree, my dad has the "new" monorail and its accessories around the base of the tree. In addition to the tracks, the monorail goes through Spaceship Earth and the mad tea party.

I'm not sure what color the monorail is, but I do know that in the past my sisters have purchased the pieces through eBay sellers.

And I'm sure the set will continue to grow and grow as the years pass.

Don't forget that disney will ship your purchase home for an additional fee. That way you won't have to lug anything large on the planeride home.

a2grafix

Don't forget that disney will ship your purchase home for an additional fee. That way you won't have to lug anything large on the planeride home.

And that's what they did -- for a slight but decent fee. In addition to the Contemporary I ordered two 3-packs of Disney coffee and a couple of pins.

Oh, and the Contemporary monorail piece was $40 US.

Mr.EPCOT

I have all of the Walt Disney World collection, with Monorails Red and Gold (plus a defective exploding end car of Monorail Yellow). What I really need is the Disneyland set that they sold a few years ago, with the Golden Gate Bridge. The train is very detailed to look like a Mark V.

That's nothing, though, my friend has the entire set, a fleet of twelve trains painted with each color, and lighting installed on everything like the Contemporary and Polynesian, etc., all set-up in order around a model Seven Seas Lagoon.

daliseurat

I have all of the Walt Disney World collection, with Monorails Red and Gold (plus a defective exploding end car of Monorail Yellow). What I really need is the Disneyland set that they sold a few years ago, with the Golden Gate Bridge. The train is very detailed to look like a Mark V.

That's nothing, though, my friend has the entire set, a fleet of twelve trains painted with each color, and lighting installed on everything like the Contemporary and Polynesian, etc., all set-up in order around a model Seven Seas Lagoon.

Please post a pic of that! Sounds awesome.

I hope that these monorails and accessories weren't made in China (you know, the lead-in-everything-that-comes out-of-China scare). :lookaroun It would be just another reason for the media to go after Disney. :lookaroun

Mr.EPCOT

Please post a pic of that! Sounds awesome.

Unfortunately, I never got a picture of it, he's set it up at work every so often, but I've never had my camera with me at the same time. One of the other Pilots that post on here might have a picture of it.

Maerj

I love the monorail sets and the HO scale train set. One thing I don't like is the little spinning rides like the Astro Orbitor and Dumbo. The gears seem to come unmeshed really easily then they don't spin. I tried to repair the one but now it really shakes when spinning.

MickeyLover404

Original Poster
Everyone has been sooo much help to me, with finding out information on the toy monorails. I would like to say thank you all very much!!! I just ordered the new Green Monorail set from the number that montyz81 posted. Thanks again, montyz81!! I couldnt wait until December 26, when i will be in Disney World, lmao!!!:ROFLOL::ROFLOL: I would love to see more pics of everyone who has a monorail set up in their homes. Maybe for some ideas on how to set up mine lol. Thanks again everyone, and cant wait to see those monorail pics lol!!!

Micca

I have all of the WDW pieces along with two of the monorail sets + the HO train. My impression is that the accessory pieces are being phased out, and I am doubtful that they will produce any new ones (I'd love to be wrong about that).

BeentoallDParks

Folks, if you want a new monorail of your own, I was in the Disney Store on Fifth Avenue in NYC the other day, and they were selling new sets for 25 percent off the $70 price tag! Happy hunting!
:sohappy:

MickeyLover404

Original Poster
I jsut wanted to let everyone know, that i finally got my monorail LOL! I bought it yesterday morning (6:30am) at the World of Disney Store on 5th Ave in NYC. I was there to pick up the 3rd Pirates on DVD because you got a free piece of the sail that was used in the making of the movie.
I got Monorail Blue, and it was indeed 25% off. But the only accessory that they had was the Castle. I was wondering if anyone knew what monorail accessories were retired and which ones are still available, cause i want to get as many as possible and figure i can buy the retired pieces off of ebay. I really looking for the pieces that connect to the monorail, like the Grand Floridian.
And thanks again for all your help!!!!:)

bgraham34

Folks, if you want a new monorail of your own, I was in the Disney Store on Fifth Avenue in NYC the other day, and they were selling new sets for 25 percent off the $70 price tag! Happy hunting!
:sohappy:

I was there on saturday but they had none. I heard several Guests ask for them.

YankeesFan

Not to get off subject, but is there any website that links to the Days of Christmas store in Downtown Disney? We've been buying holiday decorations for every year we've visited. This is the first year we've missed since my wife & I met (almost 15 years). We just had a little girl this year and felt that we should wait until next year to go. However, I was able to call guest services and order a collector's plate. It'd be real nice if there was some type of online catalogue to view (in addition to the disneyshopping.com site).

Maerj

I jsut wanted to let everyone know, that i finally got my monorail LOL! I bought it yesterday morning (6:30am) at the World of Disney Store on 5th Ave in NYC. I was there to pick up the 3rd Pirates on DVD because you got a free piece of the sail that was used in the making of the movie.
I got Monorail Blue, and it was indeed 25% off. But the only accessory that they had was the Castle. I was wondering if anyone knew what monorail accessories were retired and which ones are still available, cause i want to get as many as possible and figure i can buy the retired pieces off of ebay. I really looking for the pieces that connect to the monorail, like the Grand Floridian.
And thanks again for all your help!!!!:)

Was the castle the same one that is pictured earlier in this thread? The gray and blue one in the huge display? I know they made other ones but I'd like to get one that is close to the real thing as possible! If so, maybe I can do mail order...

MickeyLover404

Original Poster
Was the castle the same one that is pictured earlier in this thread? The gray and blue one in the huge display? I know they made other ones but I'd like to get one that is close to the real thing as possible! If so, maybe I can do mail order...

Yes, that castle is the same one that is pictured in this thread. I'm 100% sure if it was 25% off as well, but there is a good chance that it was. They had a ton of them, literally an entire wall full. Good luck with the mail order, i hope you get one (chances are extremely good lol).

Sir Hiss527

All I have is the old original red monorail, and Spaceship Earth. Maybe I should hurry up and upgrade to another one. Oh one more thing are the Contemporary, Polynesian, and the Grand Floridian still being sold?

polyguy

All I have is the old original red monorail, and Spaceship Earth. Maybe I should hurry up and upgrade to another one. Oh one more thing are the Contemporary, Polynesian, and the Grand Floridian still being sold?
The only one currently being sold is the Contemporary. The Polynesian and Grand Floridian were fazed out in late 2005. Both are going for well over $150 each on eBay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom