Disney @ Tokyo

Magic

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me if you can get by visiting Tokyo Disney on only knowing english? Are there castmembers there that speak english? I would love to visit Disney Sea in the near future.

SirNim

Originally posted by Magic
Can anyone tell me if you can get by visiting Tokyo Disney on only knowing english? Are there castmembers there that speak english? I would love to visit Disney Sea in the near future.
Tokyo, being cosmopolitan as it is, I am sure, would have English-speakers at TDLR. A teacher at my former school went there as part of a foreign teaching experience thing-y and so I would figure if she could get by then anybody could. 100% you can get by speaking only English there. It's Disney! (well, actually, Oriental Land Company...)

Monorail Lime

I went to Tokyo Disneyland and had no problems getting around the park or buying food, souvenirs, or my park ticket. I know a tiny bit of Japanese but I didn't need to use any of it in the park.

Make sure you know how to get to the park because you are less likely to find help in English in the train stations. If you need help figuring out your route I'll be glad to assist. :)

I worked at TDL in the summer of 98. You should be fine knowing only English. There is a book called "Just Enough Japanese" that will help you with common phrases. You would be surprised how many of the cast members at TDR know enough English to help you find your way. All of the train and subway stations in the Tokyo area have signs written in Kanji and Roman (English) characters, so if you know where you are going, you can find your way. Navigating the subway is much easier than you would think. The Japanese are mostly willing to help, too, as most in the Tokyo area also know a bit of English. I don't know how many times someone would approach me to help while I was trying to decipher a subway map. You could take a book on Tokyo with you so you could see some of the more important sights! These usually come with maps in them. Enjoy your trip. I must say, I'm so jealous!

esqteam

English at Tokyo Disneyland.....

My wife and I went to the Tokyo Disney Resort last July.

You don't need English to get around, but to understand most of the rides you do. Otherwise, you are left with your own imagination as to what is happening.

Disneysea was awesome, however the imagination in the ride weren't. Each ride had some similarity to another at Disneyland or Disneyworld. Still the architecture and newness of the park made up for the disappointment in the rides.

Attachments

• mountprometheus.jpg
    mountprometheus.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 104

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom