News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
You’re not wrong. It was Disney’s intent to always refer to them as face coverings and not masks. I’m not sure why they used ‘masks’ on the new graphic in GE. I expect that it might get changed out quickly.

Seems to have changed then because more signs with this verbiage are being rolled out -

DCBaker

Premium Member
Looking at Disney's website it seems that masks are not required in outdoor queues or lines? Is that correct?
In my experience, they have not be asking to put masks back on until you are about to enter what would be the point you would have normally entered a queue.

For example, RNRC - no mask before the traditional queue entrance, but once you go past that point, masks on (even though a portion of that could be considered outside).

SpectroMagician

I’m pretty sure masks are here to stay to an extent. For starters, covid will probably come back in waves in the fall and even if it doesn’t I think we will see people wear masks during flu season.
No. Just no. Covid is over. Stop trying to control people.

It will come back this fall but who cares. Move on with your life.

Last edited:

G00fyDad

No. Just no. Covid is over. Stop trying to control people.

If will come back this fall but who cares. Move on with your life.
#1, No. COVID is most certainly not "over". It is nothing like it was all last year but it is not over with despite people claiming that it is a hoax, insignificant, or a joke.
#2, Masks are not here to stay. They will be gone before year's end.

dovetail65

I’m pretty sure masks are here to stay to an extent. For starters, covid will probably come back in waves in the fall and even if it doesn’t I think we will see people wear masks during flu season.
Well as of today some of the most respected immunologists stated they found that the immune response from having covid and/or getting a vaccine is far better than they ever thought it would be.

Read this link from today:

Covid may not be going away anytime soon, but the human body along with the vaccine are turning out to be far better than we ever hoped. In short if a person had Covid and had the vaccine they very well may never need a booster vaccine again in their lifetime. This is the first time anyone has been so optimistic. If a person only had the vaccine they may need boosters,, but now it's looking like not nearly as often as scientists originally had thought. According to this article we will have the answers shortly(Which mean about 6 months from other articles I dug out.).

So I would not bet against masks simply not being needed and soon, from a scientific viewpoint.

If the science say we don't need them, I do not want them imposed on me.

cmwade77

Oh, for sure! I was replying to someone saying businesses would prohibit people from wearing masks in the future. I don’t think that will be the case. I think we will continue to see masks being worn voluntarily from now on in public settings.
I can see this going either way:
The argument can be made that you should only wear a mask if you are actively sick, so we shouldn't allow masks in public places, as that indicates a person is sick. But you would need to make exceptions to the rule for those who are immunocompromised and need to wear actual, properly fitted medical grade masks to protect themselves.

As you can see, there is a problem with needing to make exceptions, so it could be allowed, but strictly voluntary.

Which way will it go? It really depends on what the public will accept. Masks have presented a lot of other issues, including spreading certain diseases themselves by their very nature and a lot of issues for law enforcement. So, the opinions may go either way.

Honestly, I think we would have been better off keeping the temperature checks, which might not have done much for COVID, but they would catch other things like the Flu.

But what I don't see is the public ever accepting mandatory mask mandates again, instead they will insist that everyone take responsibility for themselves. I could be proven wrong, but really hope I am not on this last point.

G00fyDad

Masks have presented a lot of other issues, including spreading certain diseases themselves by their very nature and a lot of issues for law enforcement.

raw.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom