News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneygeek90

All they will assume is that they are in Orange County, FL, must follow Orange County’s rules, and have the support of the CDC. We were never going to mandate masks until 100% of people are vaccinated. Disney will drop outdoor masks soon since they can do that at 50%. I’m unaware of a plan on indoor, but I presume they’ll go with 70% (of America?). That is likely by Fall. We are already at 59%.
Disney had a mask requirement before OC ever did. They can obviously change and adjust requirements when they see fit, but they haven't had a mask mandate this whole time just because OC said they had to. They're beating to their own drum.

jamos140

That’s sooner than I had heard but today’s news could accelerate this. I had heard “by July 4.”

I also think your 2nd part is going to be true. That's almost 2 months away. I can't fathom the amount of public pressure that will build on them after a few weeks. I wouldn't want to answer about it constantly for 7-8 weeks.

Bob Harlem

This is bad for castmembers. I think Disneys decision will really be influenced by the pushback CMs get from guests trying to enforce the mask mandate.

Expect the mandate to be lifted really soon. For the sake of the CMs

Best Guess, Universal will announce it Monday, Disney will be about 2 weeks behind.

This summer is setting up to be the busiest Disney summer in a long time (if not a record).

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

If you think Disney only follows CDC rules, they are literally breaking them already by allowing people to congregate 3 feet apart.

The 3 feet guidance was specifically for children in a school setting.

Touchdown

This is bad for castmembers. I think Disneys decision will really be influenced by the pushback CMs get from guests trying to enforce the mask mandate.

Expect the mandate to be lifted really soon. For the sake of the CMs
And for the people who did the right thing and got vaccinated we deserve this at this point. I’m tired of protecting Karen and billy Bob who refuse to protect themselves. For those of us who have followed all the rules, this is a wonderful day.

Parker in NYC

I am feeling better and better that we scheduled our trip in October. Hopefully more normal by that time and this is just a first step to that.
This is more than a first step. Why not just reopen the cruise lines tomorrow. For all of us who are vaccinated, we can return to normal. For those who aren’t, they can return to normal. No one’s telling either group what to do with those guidelines.

Normal is back.

tpac24

And for the people who did the right thing and got vaccinated we deserve this at this point. I’m tired of protecting Karen and billy Bob who refuse to protect themselves. For those of us who have followed all the rules, this is a wonderful day.
Yep survival of the fittest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom