News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

It was enforced. Continually would walk up and down the aisle after drinks/snacks given out and tell people to put mask on in between sips/bites.
I guess one ore more of that cabin crew was very into masking or liked the power trip. I've flown Southwest and American and while some have included the between bites and sips in the announcement, none enforced it to that degree. As long as someone wasn't taking 20 minutes to eat 2 oz of pretzels, they didn't say anything.

correcaminos

Going back, I said I didn't understand it, not that I care if you do it. I'm finally able to do what makes me happy (starting tomorrow at WDW) and not wear a mask anywhere. If wearing a mask when approaching a CM makes you happy, then I'm happy for you.

I never understood the people driving around by themselves with a mask on in their car but it didn't affect me if they did.
I never understood why people even cared to notice masks in cars. They were fantastic when cold outside. Difficult to remove with gloves. Mine stayed due to cold because no way was I removing gloves when it's below freezing. No different than wearing a winter gaiter for the cold. There were so many reasons to keep on vs not.

The judgy stuff needs to stop with those who choose or chose to wear a mask.

Not related but I was nice enough to put mine on outside when talking to CMs too. Better safe than sorry.

I feel for parents of unvaccinated kids right now. This has to be unnerving for some. We saw kids at the zoo yesterday with masks on indoors. 95% of all people were not. Roughly 50-60% in my area are vaccinated.
It could have. Visibility is reduced with a mask on—it is a downright dangerous way to drive. Stupid and dangerous.
You realize drivers are required to wear while driving. I had zero visibility issues while driving. Only looking below ever causes issues. Not straight ahead. Transportation requires it for drivers. Peripheral means side vision. That's not affected. All of our uber drivers in FL wore them. I would not take an unvaccinated person in a car if a driver did not wear one.

It was enforced. Continually would walk up and down the aisle after drinks/snacks given out and tell people to put mask on in between sips/bites.
I only heard the announcements saying masks while eating or drinking. Did not see it enforced for bites, but we only had a 2 hour flight and was towards the front.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I never understood why people even cared to notice masks in cars. They were fantastic when cold outside. Difficult to remove with gloves. Mine stayed due to cold because no way was I removing gloves when it's below freezing. There were so many reasons to keep on vs not.

Not related but I was nice enough to put mine on outside when talking to CMs too. Better safe than sorry.

I feel for parents of unvaccinated kids right now. This has to be unnerving for some. We saw kids at the zoo yesterday with masks on indoors. 95% of all people were not. Roughly 50-60% in my area are vaccinated.

You realize drivers are required to wear while driving. I had zero visibility issues while driving. Only looking below ever causes issues. Not straight ahead. Transportation requires it for drivers. Peripheral means side vision. That's not affected. All of our uber drivers in FL wore them. I would not take an unvaccinated person in a car if a driver did not wear one.

I only heard the announcements saying masks while eating or drinking. Did not see it enforced for bites, but we only had a 2 hour flight and was towards the front.
Obviously it is different for a rideshare driver or bus driver. But alone or with your family, it is reckless. It’s all about relative risk. A quick Google search will turn up numerous law firms ready to sue you if you get into an accident while wearing a mask for the reasons I stated. But live your truth.

correcaminos

Obviously it is different for a rideshare driver or bus driver. But alone or with your family, it is reckless. It’s all about relative risk. A quick Google search will turn up numerous law firms ready to sue you if you get into an accident while wearing a mask for the reasons I stated. But live your truth.
I can point to countless articles that explains why one should leave it on. It only affects lower vision as I stated and can find articles stating as much. Even shorty me doesn't use lower vision while driving. If it were reckless our drivers wouldn't require them. Your lawyer comments mean little as they are happy to sue for anything. You may think it's silly but calling all drivers who keep it on reckless is a big stretch.

ToTBellHop

I can point to countless articles that explains why one should leave it on. It only affects lower vision as I stated and can find articles stating as much. Even shorty me doesn't use lower vision while driving. If it were reckless our drivers wouldn't require them. Your lawyer comments mean little as they are happy to sue for anything. You may think it's silly but calling all drivers who keep it on reckless is a big stretch.
23813F0E-28D7-4C89-A274-4561952A5E55.jpeg

Mmmkay.

They apparently have a “live, real person…to talk”!

correcaminos

View attachment 564167
Mmmkay.

They apparently have a “live, real person…to talk”!
Better not go to Disney as all the drivers have to wear them atm, and have for the last year. I mean we saw a huge uptick in accidents there right? So go tell all the bus, limo, towncar, uber/lyft, taxi, etc drivers they are being horrible awful people as bad a drunk drivers. If it were that bad, it wouldn't be federal rule. CDC actually states only the following do not have to mask

People on board the following categories of conveyances continue to be exempt from the requirement to wear a mask:

• Private conveyances operated only for personal, non-commercial use;
  • Commercial motor vehicles or trucks, if the driver is the only person in the vehicle or truck, or the vehicle or truck is operated by a team who all live in the same household and are the only persons in the vehicle;
  • Conveyances operated or chartered by the U.S. military as long as the operator of the conveyance follows all requirements of U.S. military services to prevent spread of COVID-19 that are equivalent to the requirements in CDC’s Order.

But sure, I'll listen to whatever ad you listed.... yeah no.

G00fyDad

While I find it weird that someone riding alone would want to wear their mask I don't understand where all of this "You're blind while wearing a mask!" is coming from. If worn correctly it shouldn't be visible from your eyes other than looking straight down with your eyeballs or at the tip of your nose. If your mask is blocking your view then you need a new mask. You might even be wearing a hockey mask.

legwand77

Better not go to Disney as all the drivers have to wear them atm, and have for the last year. I mean we saw a huge uptick in accidents there right? So go tell all the bus, limo, towncar, uber/lyft, taxi, etc drivers they are being horrible awful people as bad a drunk drivers. If it were that bad, it wouldn't be federal rule. CDC actually states only the following do not have to mask

People on board the following categories of conveyances continue to be exempt from the requirement to wear a mask:

• Private conveyances operated only for personal, non-commercial use;
  • Commercial motor vehicles or trucks, if the driver is the only person in the vehicle or truck, or the vehicle or truck is operated by a team who all live in the same household and are the only persons in the vehicle;
  • Conveyances operated or chartered by the U.S. military as long as the operator of the conveyance follows all requirements of U.S. military services to prevent spread of COVID-19 that are equivalent to the requirements in CDC’s Order.

But sure, I'll listen to whatever ad you listed.... yeah no.
I tell every Uber/ Lyft person when I take them if they are even wearing a mask, most are not now, that they can take their masks off during my ride if they want to, eveyone has taken off their masks and said thank you. Anecdotal but they are tired of wearing them. Also in my opinion they are just theater at this point when I can stand indoors in a line with no distancing for a hour hour and half at WDW without one on but a 20 minutes ride on the monorail you have to wear one. Or walk through an airport or take a hour ride on an airport It is just silly theater. People can wear them if they want. I mean even in NY Yankees are going full capacity no restrictions, no masks. Might not even make it to September at this point for planes. Already in the NY subways you see a lot of people without masks recently.

ToTBellHop

While I find it weird that someone riding alone would want to wear their mask I don't understand where all of this "You're blind while wearing a mask!" is coming from. If worn correctly it shouldn't be visible from your eyes other than looking straight down with your eyeballs or at the tip of your nose. If your mask is blocking your view then you need a new mask. You might even be wearing a hockey mask.
This point is being needlessly labored, but have you never had your mask shift while wearing it? I see people adjusting their masks all the time. I’ve been in appointments with doctors where they need to adjust their masks. There is obviously a risk associated with adjusting a mask while driving, and if you are alone or with your family, there’s no medical benefit. This is the exact type of consideration made after an accident when determining relative negligence. Obviously, the calculation is different in the specific cases where the CDC recommends or requires mask usage.

All you guys with perfectly-fitting masks that never shift should host virtual training seminars during the next pandemic. My teaching colleagues and myself have been complaining about every mask being imperfect in that respect since last August.

Anyway…

CaptainAmerica

The order could be changed or rescinded, though. There's nothing that says it has to stay in place until the scheduled expiration.
I'm not saying they're legally obligated to leave it in place, I'm just saying there's no political will to go back on what they already announced.

Parker in NYC

The masks-make-me-blind angle seems to be the new argument du jour (at least in this thread, though I don't recall seeing it very often out in the 'other' wild). I suppose folks need something to rail against until everyone drops their masks. You know, to form a better union.

Edit: Yes, I see the article posted earlier was from last year. Still doesn't mean I've read about it much!

MaryJaneP

Pretty sure there is a website for a tabloid that has a mask warning from an extra-terrestrial alien boy too. So much for ambulane-chaser websites. It seemingly comes down to what WDW wants to enforce to reduce its risk exposure, regardless of the extreme opinions held by forum denizens.

G00fyDad

This point is being needlessly labored, but have you never had your mask shift while wearing it? I see people adjusting their masks all the time. I’ve been in appointments with doctors where they need to adjust their masks. There is obviously a risk associated with adjusting a mask while driving, and if you are alone or with your family, there’s no medical benefit. This is the exact type of consideration made after an accident when determining relative negligence. Obviously, the calculation is different in the specific cases where the CDC recommends or requires mask usage.

All you guys with perfectly-fitting masks that never shift should host virtual training seminars during the next pandemic. My teaching colleagues and myself have been complaining about every mask being imperfect in that respect since last August.

Anyway…

Do you change your radio stations, use GPS, take a drink, or anything else while driving? Do you drive with your hands at 10 and 2? If I take my elderly mother-in-law to a medical appointment then I am going to wear my mask. It is not ill-fitting and if it needs to be adjusted because it moves then I take my thumb and forefinger on my right hand and I casually pinch the mask and move it back in place. Done. I am not veering off the road in a near fatal collision.

correcaminos

Anyway…
My mask never shifted while driving. I got well fitting masks. Only the disposable will shift on me unless I tie them. Even while singing a well fitting mask never moved. I even have a small head and finally found ones with the right shape and adjustable loops. For singing, I used disposable that were tied. Very form fitting, never moved. Sang for almost 2 hours like that too and never touched once. However even adjusting a mask is no more of a distraction than moving my sunglasses or lowering a visor. In fact I'd say less so.

Driving 5 minutes home is not a big deal having one on and it never impaired my view like walking does. Our VIP tour guide wearing one while driving the van and while having plastic up even still was what he was told to do. We didn't feel unsafe. His mask fit very well. Better than some in our group (all had been vaccinated, but not full 2 weeks at that point for the youngest 2).
I tell every Uber/ Lyft person when I take them if they are even wearing a mask, most are not now, that they can take their masks off during my ride if they want to, eveyone has taken off their masks and said thank you. Anecdotal but they are tired of wearing them. Also in my opinion they are just theater at this point when I can stand indoors in a line with no distancing for a hour hour and half at WDW without one on but a 20 minutes ride on the monorail you have to wear one. Or walk through an airport or take a hour ride on an airport It is just silly theater. People can wear them if they want. I mean even in NY Yankees are going full capacity no restrictions, no masks. Might not even make it to September at this point for planes. Already in the NY subways you see a lot of people without masks recently.
My child was not even a week past 2nd dose when we ubered. Wasn't theater for us at that point. Nor was masking indoors at Disney for my kid. If you are fully vaccinated it's one thing, but until 1 week passed for vaccine for my kid it wasn't at all. For Scouts he had to follow the 2 week rule (Pfizer was 1 week, Moderna 2 in the trials but they made all 3 2 weeks even in spite of the 2-4 for J&J). So while a bit of theater, it was following rules. We are 2 weeks past 2nd dose as of yesterday. We dropped.

Since federal rule states to wear while on public transportation we follow it. Nothing personal to those who don't want to, but we've never whined. While ride share people might want them gone, I'd not feel comfortable telling them to break federal rule yet since it can absolutely be enforceable by fines. I'd hate to have them risking issues for that is all. When it's dropped, I'll be on your side. But theater or not, it's something that could get them in trouble financially if not more.

Now getting into the elevator at BRV we told people to feel free to join and we were all vaccinated if they felt safe (all masked) and all joined and said they were too. The 4 people per elevator was kind of crappy and many were happy to join. That's a suggestion outside the lobby though.

CosmicRays

I never understood why people even cared to notice masks in cars. They were fantastic when cold outside. Difficult to remove with gloves. Mine stayed due to cold because no way was I removing gloves when it's below freezing. No different than wearing a winter gaiter for the cold. There were so many reasons to keep on vs not.

AMEN.

GimpYancIent

The filters prevent COVID from spreading throughout the plane.

Masks prevent COVID from spreading to everyone within a ~5-6 ft radius.

Since Pilots/Co-Pilots are so far removed from passengers, masks aren’t necessary, but if one of them has COVID and masks are removed then the other will more than likely catch covid.
Filters nor masks do not distinguish between germs, viruses or any other microbe. Filters, due to their density and materials prevent certain sized particles (down to microscopic levels) from passing through while not blocking the air flow. If the concern is people in close proximity to each other then why pack people into a cylindrical sardine can and use masks as an excuse for its OK. What happened to not filling every seat in order to allow some space between passengers? The airlines want to present the false image its about health and safety when it's about how much money can we make packing the planes while providing our legal teams something to have legal cover if sued. At least on the Disney properties, yes even in the various ques, people can distance to varying degrees. Yea! Talking about Disney properties, the buy one get one free mask sale promotions are a strong indicator of the decreasing demand for masks due to the decrease in justification for mandatory wear of them. No CM's giving guests notes that Police / Security and management will be waiting for them at the park gates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom