Disney to raise prices for second time this year

peemagg

The price increase goes up across the board on August 5, 2006. That is why you were quoted the price you were. They can't start charging the new price until Sunday.

colliera

What day is this?

The price increase goes up across the board on August 5, 2006. That is why you were quoted the price you were. They can't start charging the new price until Sunday.

Oh yea, it's still the 4th. :hammer:

That's like the dumb luck I had on Dec. 31 2005 with my wife's AP. I think they just announced and raised it on Jan. 1.

Sneeky to announced on a Friday though. That's what you do when you have to release information but want to bury the news. News rooms usually aren't up to full steam on the weekends.

Chape19714

The new Adult Annual Passport goes from $441.98 to $462.21 (tax included); while the Premium Annual Adult Passport goes from $574.05 to $595.36 (tax included.)

AP Gateway is down at the moment. Presumably to make the price changes.

No idea yet what the AP renewal rate will be. Mouse cheese! I was only 14 days out from the 30 day renewal window.

--[Edit]--

Ok, so I called and ordered up a couple of standard AP renewal exchange vouchers by phone. Long pause, but CM Janell found the price at $399.38 plus tax, plus shipping. Same as it has been since January. Unknown if the renewal will remain untouched or their system just hasn't gotten the updated price yet. My thinking was if the website is down for updates maybe the reservation system isn't updated yet either. I was going to buy them in a few days anyway. Seemingly the 30 day window didn't matter.
I take it those are not the FL resident rates? Because we just paid $309 for an annual renewal a few months back, and I really doubt it went up that much. The FL resident Seasonal renewal was $199, which is what my parents got.

MissM

I take it those are not the FL resident rates? Because we just paid $309 for an annual renewal a few months back, and I really doubt it went up that much. The FL resident Seasonal renewal was $199, which is what my parents got.
No, those are non-FL resident rates.

I got my seasonal in June and it was $215/person. It had gone up from $209 I believe last year.

Both the FL residents and Passholder section of the website are down right now.
-m

edit: Snuck in to the ticket page and picked "FL" as the state. It's still showing:
1 day 10% savings: $56.70
1 day park hopper: $66.70
Play 3-Day Pass: $120
$215 Seasonal AP
$325 Full AP
$429 PAP

Let's see what it shows up as tomorrow. :/

JEDIsney

Ok, so I called and ordered up a couple of standard AP renewal exchange vouchers by phone. Long pause, but CM Janell found the price at $399.38 plus tax, plus shipping. Same as it has been since January.
Okay, I'm confused. Does this mean that this won't have an effect on me when I renew my Annual Pass?

Chape19714

It depends. The official start of the new prices are Sunday. We will know more then. It may have an effect on your AP, but we won't be sure until then.

ryguy

Funny thing is that Cedar Point lowered there ticket prices as well as concession stand prices this year. I hope there attendance goes through the roof to show Disney and others that you don't have to continually raise prices. Eventually they will price themselves out of the market. People will start going less often because it will just be to expensive. IMO we are fast approaching that point. The economy isn't that great and good paying jobs are getting harder to find.

brkgnews

It wouldn't be bad if they raised the prices and added new rides like 1 or 2 a yr per park but seriously how many has disney opened lately per park, other than everest and soarin and that goddly stitch. plus a company that owns a tv station, sports network, and a couple studios, and god knows what else and they still need more money. that i can't understand.
In all fairness, Everest alone is reportedly in the neighborhood of $100M. In addition to Soarin' and Stitch, there's the PotC overhaul, Turtle Talk, the other work at the Living Seas (including clammobiles), a complete interior overhaul of the Land pavilion, and many more itty bitty projects (changing over the Land Boats to PA system, rehabs here and there). Still a great value compared to what you pay.

trr313

The funny thing is I was just discussing purchasing tickets with no expiration at todays prices and putting them up for years. That way twenty years down the road I have tickets and by then who knows how much tickets will be. I mean really it would be a great investment.

uglybug2005

It wouldn't be bad if they raised the prices and added new rides like 1 or 2 a yr per park but seriously how many has disney opened lately per park, other than everest and soarin and that goddly stitch. plus a company that owns a tv station, sports network, and a couple studios, and god knows what else and they still need more money. that i can't understand.

I can translate the first half...
*As long as they open new attractions every year it's ok... but the attractions they just opened and the new ones they're about to open don't count...*

The second half makes no sense. It's a large company (although still not nearly as big as Sony, GE, TimeWarner) therefore it should not require additional revenue to remain successful? A huge amount of money comes in to the parks each day, but an almost-as-huge amount of money goes right out the back door in the form of energy costs, basic maintenance, taxes, payroll, advertising, etc.

Since May of last year, attendance has been strong even in off-peak seasons, at the same time, fuel costs have been rising. I'm not shocked by a price increase, but I think it could have waited until January.

Brian Noble

Cedar Point lowered there ticket prices as well as concession stand prices this year.
I love Cedar Point. It's my home park, and I've had season passes there for the better part of a decade. But, Cedar Point ain't no Disney.

For one, CP draws regionally, rather than nationally, and the regional economy up here is in the toilet. Comparably, the Florida parks are benfitting from the continuing rebound in travel. Second, CP's food prices were actually *higher* than WDW's last year---I paid more for a CP burger-n-fries with only outdoor seating and no grilled onions than I did for a Pecos Bill burger-n-fries.

peters

I have a question... if you have a reservation for later in the year and were quoted a magic your way pkg price(room + tickets), will the price quoted stay the same, or will they adjust it to reflect the new prices? I've only put down the deposit, not the entire cost yet. Any ideas? Thanks

ryguy

I love Cedar Point. It's my home park, and I've had season passes there for the better part of a decade. But, Cedar Point ain't no Disney.

For one, CP draws regionally, rather than nationally, and the regional economy up here is in the toilet. Comparably, the Florida parks are benfitting from the continuing rebound in travel. Second, CP's food prices were actually *higher* than WDW's last year---I paid more for a CP burger-n-fries with only outdoor seating and no grilled onions than I did for a Pecos Bill burger-n-fries.

I know its hard to compare the two, but realistically you can't compare WDW with any other parks in the world because its so large. However, you can see what others are doing in your industry. I consider CP a big player in the industry. Everytime I see a show on Amusement parks Cedar Point is well represented, so Disney needs to take some notice. No matter what the reason the positive PR from lowering ticket prices has to have some effect. It definitely make me more willing to go.

As far as the the whole hamburger theory, CP doesn't buy as many hamburgers as WDW so naturally there cost is going to be higher. It's no different than Wal-Mart being able to sell their goods cheaper than your local supermarket. :lookaroun

Parkerbexar

Will this effect the price of Mickey Bars??????? What ever they raise the price to I'm sure I'll pay for it Mickey Mouse and Ice Cream great idea :lol: Their still 2.50 right

beyondthepalace

People will still complain about the price, then they will open their wallet and do it anyway. It is just crappy for the people who are currently there on vacation and are doing day by day ticketing...yikes what a mess.
I am just glad I purchased my Seasonal Pass this past week instead of next week which I was originally going to do!

syoungkin

Ticket prices

The question I have might seem obvious but I'm curious....

I'm going next April. If I buy my tickets today for next April, will they sell them to me for the lower rate? In other words, how long are normal tickets (non no-expiration) good for?

CatLady

Funny... when I went to Sea World a couple of weeks ago I realized the price is now the same as Disney (NOT including this last price hike). I have lived in FL for coming close to 15 years.. I don't remember when Anheuser-Busch parks began charging the same as Disney.

I don't know when, but the main difference is that there's nearly always a way to get a discount of some kind at SeaWorld. Their business model relies more on what you spend in the parks (otherwise the Fun Card promotions the past few years would have left Shamu panhandling by the side of the road). Disney's ticket price is the price you pay. Discounts are very few and far between. Even after 9/11, Disney stood firm on their ticket prices and gave discounts other places (rooms at resorts, for example). I believe that their doing so actually helped Universal and SeaWorld justify their higher full-price tickets, and it probably made WDW a lot more money in the long run. If they had started discounting tickets, it would have been a lot harder to make people be satisfied when they had to pay full price later on.

JimboJones123

When room rates can swing from $79 per night to $350 per night for a standard room, what's another 4 bucks per ticket? This only says the increase is on the 1 day ticket too. Nothing about longer day tix. So, this may just be another ploy to tell guests how much they are saving if they stay longer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom