News Disney to pilot registered nurse first-aid centers at Walt Disney World Resort hotels

DisAl

With thousands of people on property who have no access to personal transportation I think it is a great idea. I think they should go one step further with what we call a "Doc in a Box" at some location (maybe Disney Springs) where you could use WDW transportation to get there. Even if it was a regular for profit Doc in a Box just having access to it on property would be a great plus.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
SC Johnson...Monsanto...whoever makes that crap.

It would be a small expenditure by a corporation to have exposure at WDW...where they don't like Po People anyway...

But the point is the same: disney paying for a minor line item as opposed to employee costs seem lower investment.

Well, which is it? They "probably get it for free" or "it would be a small expenditure"?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I choose to believe you make stuff up to make it sound like you know what you're talking about as you hate on Disney whenever you can.

I don't want to take away from that feeling of giddy when you put on your magic band...but wondering if there is an angle in not unreasonable, it is kinda instinct.

...If that makes the world too serious, my apologies

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A better conspiracy theory would be Disney not caring about their guests by not doing something like this.

But it's not a conspiracy theory...asking what's the angle is kinda simple. Who knows
If it turns into something else.

Here's what you can guarantee about disney: they rely on Orlando for profit and they study the hell out of things...there's something there. Doesn't make it bad, but it's not "how do we give more?" That conversation never occurs....it's loss, public relations, or some other uniform strategy. I'm interested to see where it goes.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
But it's not a conspiracy theory...asking what's the angle is kinda simple. Who knows
If it turns into something else.

Here's what you can guarantee about disney: they rely on Orlando for profit and they study the hell out of things...there's something there. Doesn't make it bad, but it's not "how do we give more?" That conversation never occurs....it's loss, public relations, or some other uniform strategy. I'm interested to see where it goes.
Maybe it might lead to more people feeling better quicker.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
231z87.jpg

No Name

Just about every single thing done at a major company like Disney is done for profit.

Adding services like nurses and bug spray and whatnot is often done to increase guest satisfaction, which results in better word of mouth and guest satisfaction, and therefore, more spending guests in the future. They think the money spent will be less than the additional money earned in a certain amount of time. Same goes for adding anything else. When those things are taken away, it's because they think the money spent will be more than the additional money earned. They don't give gifts to the guests or fans, they do whatever they think is best from a business perspective. We can debate whether such things are indeed good from a business perspective, especially short term vs. long term, but their end motive is profit.

Do some of you not understand fundamental business?

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh silly man, don’t you know that if you like Disney- you are supposed to complain about it. Over and Over and Over.
If you don’t complain ad naseam, then it means you must be under some pixie-dust spell.

If universal hate on Disney is silly - and it is - universal love/apologies is its inbred twin sister...

It's always been a sliding scale...and the unfair criticism for anyone who questions disney is "you'll say anything so you can HATE on them!!".

That has less merit over the years than the counter, which is "mindless defense"

There are things that can and should be looked at objectively...and not be shouted down with personal choice, free market (that's a myth in so many ways), and my favorite: I'm sure they know what their doing.

Any large company makes mistakes...you wouldn't believe the amount disney makes - particularly in Orlando.

The only way we would ever have a useful dialogue here is if individual actions are discussed from multiple angles on merit...not the "pro" team and the "con" team.

It's the way it is...eventually it is the way it will be...
...likely long after us ;)

21stamps

If universal hate on Disney is silly - and it is - universal love/apologies is its inbred twin sister...

It's always been a sliding scale...and the unfair criticism for anyone who questions disney is "you'll say anything so you can HATE on them!!".

That has less merit over the years than the counter, which is "mindless defense"

There are things that can and should be looked at objectively...and not be shouted down with personal choice, free market (that's a myth in so many ways), and my favorite: I'm sure they know what their doing.

Any large company makes mistakes...you wouldn't believe the amount disney makes - particularly in Orlando.

The only way we would ever have a useful dialogue here is if individual actions are discussed from multiple angles on merit...not the "pro" team and the "con" team.

It's the way it is...eventually it is the way it will be...
...likely long after us ;)

The difference is, most of the so-called “pixie dusters” have made plenty of criticisms on something they don’t like.. but, not directed at every single decision that Disney makes.

Most importantly, the “pixie dusters” aren’t either A. Stuck in the past. Or B. Prone to criticizing things that haven’t even been implemented.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom