News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

eddie104

Hey does WDW have any cool themed scanners for these ? I saw that on the site that should not be named posted pictures of Tokyo fast pass scanners and they were cool.

TOCPE82

The ones I wanted to get come in and out at different times lol - so not ordered mine yet.

However, I fly out to Flordia in 81 days but the system is saying I need to order my Magic Bands within 49 days - anyone have any idea why such a huge time difference? Thats a month before we head out? I know that it used to be 11 days. Is this because of all the pressure on the system or just because we are in the UK?

I know they told me I had until 11 days before, otherwise they'd be available for pickup at the resort.

DCBaker

Premium Member
A couple different ones up this morning that haven't been in previous restocks lately.

SteveAZee

I've been trying to snag the Jack Skellington band, but every time I try it fails (I can SELECT it but when I try to purchase it, it fails). Anyone else having that problem with this or other bands... or is it me? I've been trying for weeks and end up at the same dead end (pun intended).

DCBaker

Premium Member
I've been trying to snag the Jack Skellington band, but every time I try it fails (I can SELECT it but when I try to purchase it, it fails). Anyone else having that problem with this or other bands... or is it me? I've been trying for weeks and end up at the same dead end (pun intended).

Supposedly this means it is out of stock, but the band hasn't been removed from the MagicBand display section. Keep trying - I've found better success during the morning (6-11), at the beginning of each hour.

SteveAZee

Supposedly this means it is out of stock, but the band hasn't been removed from the MagicBand display section. Keep trying - I've found better success during the morning (6-11), at the beginning of each hour.
Thanks... I'll give that a try. Are you saying 6am-11am Eastern time?

It baffles me as to why they just don't take the order and 'back order' it like 99% of other online sellers do.

brettf22

Premium Member
To echo what others have said, yes, this seems to mean that the item was in stock (at least momentarily) but went out of stock before you were able to complete your purchase.

I am sad to say I have spent more time than I care to admit trying to give Disney $10 more of my hard earned money via this "upgrade" promotion. I have tried dozens of times each day for weeks in a vain attempt to get a specific band, to no avail. I've spent hours on the phone with a dozen or so with various customer service reps, trying to find some way to fix this. They all have told me there is nothing they can do, and that I should just keep trying.

This issue also caused a problem with the countdown as to for when I could order a band. You're supposed to have until 16 days out to order and have it shipped to your house. But my countdown said I only had until day 30 before arrival to order, even though I had no order set. After talking to a 3 customer service reps, a Support Team rep, and an Escalation rep, it seems this problem was caused because part of their system thought I had set my order, so it set the auto ship countdown at 30 days out. But the problem was the order never completed, because it went out of stock in between when I customized it and when I attempted to check out. But this information never got back to the other part of the system, leading to the countdown issue.

Yes, I readily admit spending all this time and effort is silly. Yes, I could just get some skins and recreate the official band for even less than $10. But we're talking about principle now, daggummit! I shall now go hang my head in shame.

But seriously, this is yet another unbelievable screw up by Disney's IT folks. This is pretty much ecommerce 101 level stuff. And a very bad customer experience.

Ariel82

I have been stalking the magicband site for a month now, trying to get the ariel and darth vader bands for my son and I. Honestly I am ready to give up and just buy them at full price at the park when we get there. What park/store would we have the best chance at finding these 2 bands?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom