News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

cosmicgirl

I don’t see why they wouldn’t move selections to a 60 day out window. Right now You’ll have people making a reservation to order the discount bands then cancel when they get them. I’m sure they could add a way in there that it took the discount part out of there deposit refund.
The terms of the upgraded bands clearly state that you will be charged for their full price if you cancel your reservation.

mhaftman7

It’s just frustrating to watch my countdown, like many other, painstakingly close to the cut off while people post pictures, here and elsewhere, about how they are all set to go for next year with their premium bands. They even got my hopes, along with most likely countless others, thinking they had a chance a couple weeks ago when you’d get all the way thru and get the error message. I’ve written an email and pretty much got the, “Shucks, we’re all out” response.

I think the biggest miscue was actually shipping the bands right away. “Okay, Mr. Smith. We received your order for March of 2020 and here are the premium bands you ordered! See ya real soon!”

What?!?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Except I wasn't ordering upgraded MBs, just normal ones. 20 minutes of error messages for a routine transaction was, in my mind, yet another example of the notorious unreliability of the Disney website.

It seems the ordering process for MBs, regular and upcharge, are part of the same server/subroutine. Ouch.

Mikey73181

It stinks that like others have said, some people that have trips MONTHS out, have ordered and received their bands. I have 17 & 18 days ( I added an extra day for a cheaper flight) to choose my bands and I don't want to wait until the last day to do it. I was hoping to surprise my kids on fathers day with their bands and tell them about the trip at the end of July, now Im gonna have to come up with something different to surprise them with. This morning the page wasn't loading and I was hoping maybe they were getting another batch ready to go, but now everything is normal again.

Last edited:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Has anyone had any success with this? Every time I try to order one it just does not work.

Disney Dad 3000

Has anyone had any success with this? Every time I try to order one it just does not work.

Not on our end. Would not normally do anything but the basic ones, but for $10 were going to go for it. We have a trip coming up 7/18 so not looking likely they'll be replenished. Staying on property again towards the end of our trip at end of July so maybe something will happen and we'll be able to order for that check-in.

Of course I would check right now, but the Disney website won't let me log in to my account.

square2k1

This is what I Get now :-( im hoping they will restock before the end of july

Ashley Songin

I ended up booking mine through ShopDisney as I was sent an email that offered to do this as a one-time complimentary service. We leave for our trip on July 8.
Did you email them asking for this? Or was it sent to you randomly? We leave for our trip July 13th and it doesn’t look like they’re going to be back in stock anytime soon.

Hcalvert

Did you email them asking for this? Or was it sent to you randomly? We leave for our trip July 13th and it doesn’t look like they’re going to be back in stock anytime soon.
I had made an order on May 27 via the Disney Parks app ($30 limited edition bands for $15 each) and had inquired about that since the app was shut down permanently on May 31. I then received an email that my bands were backordered. Then I received another email the next day offering the $15 or $25 magic bands for $10 at ShopDisney via phone order. I called them and told them my situation and ended up cancelling the Parks order and then ordered the same bands for the discounted $15 and got free shipping. This ended up saving me $10 (because of the shipping). They arrive tomorrow. When I called ShopDisney, the automated message referenced the email.

mhaftman7

It just amazes me how they can’t shift inventory from one place to another. I get that there is a cost associated with “selling” them from one business to another, but they severely underestimated the demand. They clearly didn’t put limitations or restrictions in place to prioritize people going sooner as opposed to later. I’m not saying people going in December should not be allowed to get them, but people going in June or July should’ve gotten priority.

To the people who actually were able to take advantage of this offer, I’m happy for you, but please don’t come on here telling us you got them. It’s just salt in the wound at this point.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
To the people who actually were able to take advantage of this offer, I’m happy for you, but please don’t come on here telling us you got them. It’s just salt in the wound at this point.
Every coin has two sides to it. In this thread -- which is about the offer, not the company's failure to honor it -- stories of success are just as pertinent as those tales of woe from those who could not get their order through.

mhaftman7

Yes. You are correct. The thread originated as one regarding a special offer to resort guests, but the narrative has changed. Supply could not meet demand.

Am I not allowed to make a request? Is it so hard to read a thread and see that people are upset about the subject? Let me know. Cuz if y’all want me to just put on my Mickey ears and pretend everything is cool, then hey whatever. It’s yalls world here. I’m just a squirrel trying to grab a nut.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yes. You are correct. The thread originated as one regarding a special offer to resort guests, but the narrative has changed. Supply could not meet demand.

Am I not allowed to make a request? Is it so hard to read a thread and see that people are upset about the subject? Let me know. Cuz if y’all want me to just put on my Mickey ears and pretend everything is cool, then hey whatever. It’s yalls world here. I’m just a squirrel trying to grab a nut.
If you're upset, this is the place to talk about it. If you're happy, this is also the place to talk about it. It's ok to vent here.

If you're REALLY upset, you should vent your spleen at WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com

CaptainAmerica

The level of upset is disproportionate to the "loss" incurred. We're talking $15.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member

jbolen2

With the amount of additional revenue they saw with this is such a short period of time, I can only imagine they are working on a solution. We all know disney loves additional upcharges.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom