News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

Minnie1986

I noticed the site doesn't list the date you have to order by to have the bands shipped, only the date to order to pickup at the hotel. Not sure why they removed this. Guessing they want people to pick their bands right after booking and be done with it?

Surprised they couldn't manage inventory. Poor showing for people waiting for family members to get a chance to make a choice. Like others we see most of our choices gone because we didn't select that first day.
I called again this morning because I noticed that while some selections are back, my choice wasn’t. The agent told me that original selections are being replenished as they become available and new ones will be made available in the coming months. She also said that new ones to come will be pretty good so maybe hold off for a bit. Not sure what I’ll do but I’ll certainly keep checking.

SamandplanningUK

I called again this morning because I noticed that while some selections are back, my choice wasn’t. The agent told me that original selections are being replenished as they become available and new ones will be made available in the coming months. She also said that new ones to come will be pretty good so maybe hold off for a bit. Not sure what I’ll do but I’ll certainly keep checking.

Just what I was hoping for! Keeping my fingers crossed for the Main Street USA band to be added.

kbmb

Sounds good! Guess we'll have to stay subscribe to this post just to know when they are released and RUN to order them :D

Anyone know the date you need to order by to have them shipped? How many days usually before arrival?

JaxFLBear

Anyone know the date you need to order by to have them shipped? How many days usually before arrival?
at least 11 days prior to arrival to have them mailed to your home (US addresses only).
10 to 6 days and the customized bands will be sent to the resort.
5 days or less, grey bands will be send to the resort.

dreamfinder

Sounds good! Guess we'll have to stay subscribe to this post just to know when they are released and RUN to order them :D

Quoting from the article Steve recently linked
The regular solid bands are still be available at no cost, and these new design options can also be shipped to homes (U.S. addresses only) if ordered 11 or more days ahead of arrival and can be personalized if done so at least 6 or more days ahead of arrival

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Just renewed my pass and these are the options that showed up, besides the usual solid colors

Hcalvert

I didn't read through this thread, so I apologize if this question has been asked/answered.

I have an upcoming trip in July. I want to get one of the discounted character bands. However on this trip, I will also be upgrading my tickets to an annual pass. Can I use my character band as the annual pass band or do I have to buy another one after switching to an annual pass? I assume if I have to get an annual pass band, that I would have to pay again for the $10 upgrade, correct? I tried asking Disney chat, but that was a waste as they told me to call.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
I didn't read through this thread, so I apologize if this question has been asked/answered.

I have an upcoming trip in July. I want to get one of the discounted character bands. However on this trip, I will also be upgrading my tickets to an annual pass. Can I use my character band as the annual pass band or do I have to buy another one after switching to an annual pass? I assume if I have to get an annual pass band, that I would have to pay again for the $10 upgrade, correct? I tried asking Disney chat, but that was a waste as they told me to call.
You can use any active magicband in your MDE account, so yes you could use the existing July ticket to get the discounted band, then bridge your ticket into an AP, and get this, you will get another band to order on MDE for your AP.

raugust

You can use any active magicband in your MDE account, so yes you could use the existing July ticket to get the discounted band, then bridge your ticket into an AP, and get this, you will get another band to order on MDE for your AP.
I ordered mine the day they came out, but no shipping info yet.

Same here. I ordered our bands, after many, many tries, on the initial offering and I received a notice on Tuesday that my order had been shipped and I have a notice from the post office that my order will be received today, about noon E.S.T. Guess I got lucky, maybe.

ninjaprincesst

Same here. I ordered our bands, after many, many tries, on the initial offering and I received a notice on Tuesday that my order had been shipped and I have a notice from the post office that my order will be received today, about noon E.S.T. Guess I got lucky, maybe.
I called and they said mine showed still processing,but should be here by Friday, but today is Thursday and I still don't have a shipping notice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom