Disney to mandate full vaccinations to employees

GoofGoof

Premium Member

celluloid

So hypothetically let’s say that in a hear that it comes out that the vaccine has some unfortunate or undesirable side effects….

They would have come out by now considering how massively it has been tested and distributed. This has been argued many times.

But let's say that there is some insane miracle that it happens for those people who have so much anxiety about that...

No one is forced to get the vaccine as they are not forced to work there. So it is a moot argument.

Thelazer

Not ones that first appear months or years later.

Two Seconds To Google.

lazyboy97o

Two Seconds To Google.

You obviously didn’t read either of those. From your first link “First, when these events occurred, the onset was within eight weeks of receipt of the vaccine.” From the second, “In virtually all cases, vaccine side effects are seen within the first two months after rollout.” Both links debunk the idea of side effects appearing months or years later.

G00fyDad

Two Seconds To Google.

Try reading the entire article before you use it as a means to validate your stance.

RichKermitFan

They would have come out by now considering how massively it has been tested and distributed. This has been argued many times.

But let's say that there is some insane miracle that it happens for those people who have so much anxiety about that...

No one is forced to get the vaccine as they are not forced to work there. So it is a moot argument.
You do realize that there a many FDA approved medications that have side effects discovered many years later. Typically vaccinations need 5-10 years of research in order to thoroughly investigate long term side effects. I’m not an anti-vaxxer and am vaccinated myself but I also understand the fear and hesitation and support a persons right to choose what is right for their own individual health. For those that say they can choose not to work there then that is just cruel. For many, this job is their livelihood and have worked at Disney for many years. Suddenly forcing them to do something to their own body or uproot their lives is a big decision.

lazyboy97o

You do realize that there a many FDA approved medications that have side effects discovered many years later. Typically vaccinations need 5-10 years of research in order to thoroughly investigate long term side effects. I’m not an anti-vaxxer and am vaccinated myself but I also understand the fear and hesitation and support a persons right to choose what is right for their own individual health. For those that say they can choose not to work there then that is just cruel. For many, this job is their livelihood and have worked at Disney for many years. Suddenly forcing them to do something to their own body or uproot their lives is a big decision.
Vaccines are not the same as medications. Vaccines are administered a few times whereas medications are taken over and over again, sometimes more than once a day.

The 5-10 years for vaccine development is not about safety or side effects. That timeline has to do with other factors like funding and having enough cases appear in the trials to determine efficacy.

These are not the first vaccines to be required. Is it cruel that Americans no longer can chose to risk getting polio?

Last edited:

bdearl41

Vaccines are not the same as medications. Vaccines are administered a few times whereas s medications are taken over and over again, sometimes more than once a day.

The 5-10 years for vaccine development is not about safety or side effects. That timeline has to do with other factors like funding and having enough cases appear in the trials to determine efficacy.

These are not the first vaccines to be required. Is it cruel that Americans no longer can chose to risk getting polio?
Hopefully just a few shots. Really hoping the booster is the last needed.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This is not a medication. You are not taking it repeatedly over a long period of time. The vaccine itself is gone from your system within days and what’s left behind are the same antibodies and t-cells that one would produce if naturally infected with covid. If those cells cause a problem (highly unlikely) then unvaccinated people who are exposed to covid would have the same risk as someone vaccinated. There are real but very rare potential allergic reactions to vaccines but they happen almost immediately. The idea that they could happen 5-10 years later is pure science fiction. That’s just a fact.

If someone goes to work every day with thousands of co-workers they are much more likely to infect one of them if they are not vaccinated. It is cruel for someone to put their own self interest and irrational fears ahead of the safety and well being of their co-workers. If someone feels strongly enough about not being vaccinated then it is on them to switch to a job that has less interaction with other people and/or doesn’t require vaccination. That’s not cruel, it’s just the way it is.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You do realize that there a many FDA approved medications that have side effects discovered many years later.
You do realize that any side effects of the vaccine are the same side effects from catching COVID, since the vaccine is pretending to be COVID and any side effects come from your body trying to ward off what it thinks is an infection, right?

And you do realize that when you're hit with the real thing, an actual COVID-19 infection, that not only do you get the same side effects from the vaccine, but the actual virus can hospitalize or kill you and damage your organs for months or years or forever, right?

That's what COVID can do to you. The vaccine can't, because it's not an invading virus tearing your organs apart, but COVID will.

Get vaccinated and stop promoting the propaganda of the anti-vaxxers.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom