Disney to mandate full vaccinations to employees

mikejs78

Premium Member
While it may seem insignificant, there have been over 2,000 deaths (some report over 12,000) caused by the vaccines.
This is completely, 100% false information. Deaths caused from the vaccine are numbered in the single to double digits, not thousands.

Not to mention the risk of death to others by refusing to get vaccinated.

We don't get out of this mess until vaccines are mandated much like other vaccines are in different areas.of life.

These have been proven to be one of the safest drugs on the market. The serious side effects.of these vaccines are infinitesimal. Time to stop the lies and misinformation surrounding the vaccine.

mikejs78

Premium Member
The UK and the US are roughly comparable in terms of vaccination rate. Delta hit them first, so the shape of their curve is extremely relevant to home.
U.S. is a bit behind the UK overall (about 6% fully vaccinated) which makes a difference. But the true story is different because there are regions of the US that are significantly under the UK in vaccination rate. The UK curve is probably not relevant to, for example, Missouri. Or Florida, where the rate is 10% lower than the UK.

But places like NY, MA, CT, NJ, etc will probably follow a similar or smaller curve than the UK.

CaptainAmerica

U.S. is a bit behind the UK overall (about 6% fully vaccinated) which makes a difference. But the true story is different because there are regions of the US that are significantly under the UK in vaccination rate. The UK curve is probably not relevant to, for example, Missouri. Or Florida, where the rate is 10% lower than the UK.

But places like NY, MA, CT, NJ, etc will probably follow a similar or smaller curve than the UK.
That's a different question. I'm talking about speed, not severity. Florida Delta might have a *taller spike,* but it's unlikely to have a significantly *longer duration.*

ABQ

The UK and the US are roughly comparable in terms of vaccination rate. Delta hit them first, so the shape of their curve is extremely relevant to home.
60 days of increasing hospitalizations, the last 30 being steep, but then the corner appears to turn.
1627747532032.png

mikejs78

Premium Member
That's a different question. I'm talking about speed, not severity. Florida Delta might have a *taller spike,* but it's unlikely to have a significantly *longer duration.*
And you know that because...? Vaccination rate tends to have an exponential effect, not linear. More unvaccinated people mean more potential for spread.

An epidemiologist friend of mine said that we don't really know what the effect of the differences in vaccination rate will mean in regards to length of the curve. It could extend it or it could stay the same. We don't know.

natatomic

This is a bad idea, as the vaccine still only has emergency authorization, u til fully FDA approved, no one should be allowed to make it mandatory and even then, there are issues with that.

While it may seem insignificant, there have been over 2,000 deaths (some report over 12,000) caused by the vaccines. Not to mention other very serious complications, some long lasting, I know personally one person who is likely to have life long complications caused by the vaccine and if I personally know someone in my small circle, it is highly likely that there are a lot more. Until we understand why some people die or have serious complications, we shouldn't be making vaccines mandatory and even then there should be exemptions for those that are likely to have complications.

Then there's the fact that the vaccine companies are immune from being sued for such complications or even death. Again, until this is addressed, NO vaccine should be able to be made mandatory for anyone.
Where there is risk, there must be choice. It’s like mandating penicillin anytime you need antibiotics. That doesn’t work for everyone. No one medicine/vaccine/treatment works for everyone. And for some, a certain medicine/vaccine/treatment can be disastrous.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't like the idea of employers getting involved in their employees medical decisions, even if they're good medical decisions.
Never had to take a drug test to get a job? Does your corporate run health insurance not ask about whether you smoke? It happens all the time with employment. This situation has just become political.
Delta isn't ramping up, it's about to crash. UK shows the burnout time.
About to crash where? I hope so, but we are less than a month from students returning to campus in most cases so cases won’t be down by the start of the Fall semester.

Archie123

We all know it's not an approved vaccine at this point, right? It's an experimental drug with a wide range of serious side effects. I would be filling out a workers comp claim immediately after the shot and only getting the shot if it was explained to me in detail what's in the shot and getting my employer to take responsibility for all lost wages/medical bills should anything happen in my life that was traced back to this.

Sure. Let's go with that. ;)

mikejs78

Premium Member
We all know it's not an approved vaccine at this point, right? It's an experimental drug with a wide range of serious side effects. I would be filling out a workers comp claim immediately after the shot and only getting the shot if it was explained to me in detail what's in the shot and getting my employer to take responsibility for all lost wages/medical bills should anything happen in my life that was traced back to this.
It'll be fully approved in about a month. You know what the difference is between an EUA and full approval of a drug? Four months of safety data and a review of the manufacturing process. We have the extra four months of data and it has proven effective. The review of the data and manufacturing process is now in process and should be wrapped up within weeks.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Where there is risk, there must be choice. It’s like mandating penicillin anytime you need antibiotics. That doesn’t work for everyone. No one medicine/vaccine/treatment works for everyone. And for some, a certain medicine/vaccine/treatment can be disastrous.
Nope. Vaccines are required in numbers to be truly effective. This isn't an individual situation, this is a public health matter. Vaccines have been mandated in the past and the courts have upheld those mandates.

Archie123

I agree. The choice is get vaccinated or update your resumé. The Federal court already has said that private businesses can mandate that employees are vaccinated. And the SCOTUS ruled 7-2 in the case of Jacobson v. Massachusetts which upheld the constitutionality of mandatory smallpox vaccination programs to preserve the public health.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
He has none. Just pure speculation.
There has been some speculation from some reputable sources that we may be close to seeing a peak soon. Even if cases peak in a few weeks it will still likely be the end of September before the case numbers drop to low again.

Disney Analyst

This is a bad idea, as the vaccine still only has emergency authorization, u til fully FDA approved, no one should be allowed to make it mandatory and even then, there are issues with that.

While it may seem insignificant, there have been over 2,000 deaths (some report over 12,000) caused by the vaccines. Not to mention other very serious complications, some long lasting, I know personally one person who is likely to have life long complications caused by the vaccine and if I personally know someone in my small circle, it is highly likely that there are a lot more. Until we understand why some people die or have serious complications, we shouldn't be making vaccines mandatory and even then there should be exemptions for those that are likely to have complications.

Then there's the fact that the vaccine companies are immune from being sued for such complications or even death. Again, until this is addressed, NO vaccine should be able to be made mandatory for anyone.

We can’t even go a day before the lies are spread 😂😂

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So... does this mean that if the FDA gives the vaccine its full approval in a few weeks, that you'd be 100% on board with a vaccine mandate?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

mikejs78

Premium Member
There has been some speculation from some reputable sources that we may be close to seeing a peak soon. Even if cases peak in a few weeks it will still likely be the end of September before the case numbers drop to low again.

Yes there is speculation on that from reputable sources, and it's reasonable, but it's only one hypothesis among several. We don't even know the trajectory of the UK yet. It could dip and then spike again, like what happened in Jan to April. So far we see evidence of a decline in the UK, but we don't know if that will be a sustained decline or a dip before another rise or plateau.

No way to know if by the fall this ends, especially with the variable of many schools opening without masks and unvaccinated children. It might decline, I hope it does, but Delta is a very new and unknown equation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom