Disney to launch Mobile Phone Service

Budke

Original Poster
The Walt Disney Internet Group and Sprint have announced an agreement through which Disney will create a national U.S. wireless phone service specifically designed for families. The service, called Disney Mobile, will use the Sprint Nationwide PCS Network and is slated to launch next year. Disney Mobile plans to offer wireless voice service, exclusive handsets and a package of features and applications including a range of entertainment content for the family.

More info at http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=4789

MagliteL13

Budke said:
The Walt Disney Internet Group and Sprint have announced an agreement through which Disney will create a national U.S. wireless phone service specifically designed for families. The service, called Disney Mobile, will use the Sprint Nationwide PCS Network and is slated to launch next year. Disney Mobile plans to offer wireless voice service, exclusive handsets and a package of features and applications including a range of entertainment content for the family.

More info at http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=4789

I think Disney is pushing it. I wonder what the prices'll be like. And the different phones and faceplates. I'll stick with T-Mobile though.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
MagliteL13 said:
I think Disney is pushing it. I wonder what the prices'll be like. And the different phones and faceplates. I'll stick with T-Mobile though.

They aren't the first to offer specialized service. The other companies that have tried this have had good returns. This is a good money making venture. Little money invested by Disney, and they get a monthly cut of the service. Moves like this make shareholders very happy.

disneydreams

not sure whether or not this is a good idea, i would support it but im sure the prices will exceed the prices of cingular on t-mobile. worth a shot though, i guess.

whizGoofy

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
One problem Sprint has been bought out by Nextel.

Actually Sprint Bought Nextel. Nextel was going under and would have had to close due to FCC regulations.

I Think it would be great for Disney and thier shareholders. Think about it...If you are a true Disney fan then you should be all about it. It is not like they are going to have srummy service. Sprint is the leader in the industry.

maelstrom

Mmm yes. I have about a year left on my current cell phone contract. And I desperately want a new phone. I just got this phone a year ago (Motorola v60t Color) and it's all wonky already.

WDWRLD

If you notice in the parks it looks like all food carts and many others are using nextel push to talk systems, Guess thats the reason for all the Fake Tree nextel towers.

Figment1986

hmm.. so wonder will it be using the Nextel walkie talkie feature on these sprint phones...
(wait.. who's technology is being used now.. since sprint and nextel uses different tech..)

Borf7

This is definitely a good business move. I just hope that Disney will fix some of the problems in its other industries. Take on new ventures is great but don't lose sight of the old ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom