Disney to Honor Michael Jackson

Main Street USA

You are also only looking at it from one side, the amount of coverage his death got is also what's wrong in the world. I'm not saying the new shouldn't report it but to to on for days is just wrong. It's wrong that this man is being treated like a saint and that people place more value on the life of a singer than that of a solider, fireman, or police officer.
I agree with everything you said. He's being worshiped, and it was that way for a BIG part of his life...and then his death.

My only problem is with those that pretend they know facts about him. Did he molest a child? Maybe yes, maybe no. The point is that I really don't have any idea. It's outrageous to call him a child molester when you weren't there, and NONE of us were there.

Figment632

I agree with everything you said. He's being worshiped, and it was that way for a BIG part of his life...and then his death.

My only problem is with those that pretend they know facts about him. Did he molest a child? Maybe yes, maybe no. The point is that I really don't have any idea. It's outrageous to call him a child molester when you weren't there, and NONE of us were there.

I agree with you while I don't like his music I respect what he did for pop music. The only thing that bothers me on the molestation stuff is that he settled instead of proving his innocence but he as never found guilty. I just wish they would have coverred the death for 2 days and not a month. Also I think the criminal asspect of his death should get more coverage than the death, but true jornalism in this country is dead.

Main Street USA

I agree with you while I don't like his music I respect what he did for pop music. The only thing that bothers me on the molestation stuff is that he settled instead of proving his innocence but he as never found guilty. I just wish they would have coverred the death for 2 days and not a month. Also I think the criminal asspect of his death should get more coverage than the death, but true jornalism in this country is dead.
For me there are two ways to look at the settlement. On one hand, he could have settled to simply make the case "go away" because he didn't want details or proof to come out. On the other hand, he was a very emotionally traumatized and fragile individual, and maybe he made it "go away" simply because he couldn't handle the mess. Either way, the decision proved to be a bad one, as it made some people think he did it, and it made others think he'd just pay up if someone accused him. In the second trial, his emotional instability was extremely evident, and while I didn't watch it, I read that the testimony of the child, along with the parents, was a mess as far as truth goes, which is why he was acquitted.

All of this aside, I'd still probably make a trip to DL just for the sake of "going back in time" and experiencing it once again. And of course, I'd buy that shirt!

TP2000

Honey I Shrunk The Audience has now showed up on Disneyland.com's official calendar as closed today through Thursday. It wasn't on there last week, and it wasn't on there when Al Lutz broke the news that it would be closed for a test run of Captain EO.

But now, suddenly, it's on the list and is closed for three days. Miceage strikes again! I hope Jay enjoys his private showing! :lol:

WDW Vacationer

Honey I Shrunk The Audience has now showed up on Disneyland.com's official calendar as closed today through Thursday. It wasn't on there last week, and it wasn't on there when Al Lutz broke the news that it would be closed for a test run of Captain EO.

But now, suddenly, it's on the list and is closed for three days. Miceage strikes again! I hope Jay enjoys his private showing! :lol:
I hope he can find TL!:rolleyes:

The Conundrum

MJ was an innocent man (declared not guilty on all charges by the State of Caliofornia) anyone who believes otherwise is a slave of the media.

How comes you guys object to MJ based on rumors but are fine with Alice in Wonderlan (created and written by a REAL child molestor Lewis Carrol) being represented and sold in the parks as well as Lindsay Lohan, Venessa H., Miley Cyrus and others who do drugs and post ographic images and do very undisney things yet thats all ok. Its ok to have Peewee herman in the parks but ist not ok to have MJ even though he never hurt a child in his life and was manipulated by very evil people. '

ENOUGH already is what I say

and wether you all like it or not Captain EO was an extremly popular attraction when it was open even after the the media assasinated his charecter.

WDW Vacationer

MJ was an innocent man (declared not guilty on all charges by the State of Caliofornia) anyone who believes otherwise is a slave of the media.

How comes you guys object to MJ based on rumors but are fine with Alice in Wonderlan (created and written by a REAL child molestor Lewis Carrol) being represented and sold in the parks as well as Lindsay Lohan, Venessa H., Miley Cyrus and others who do drugs and post ographic images and do very undisney things yet thats all ok. Its ok to have Peewee herman in the parks but ist not ok to have MJ even though he never hurt a child in his life and was manipulated by very evil people. '

and wether you all like it or not Captain EO was an extremly popular attraction when it was open even after the the media assasinated his charecter.
Great post!:wave:

BlackJackSavage

I can't see it coming to EPCOT ever.

EPCOT is about progress and the future.....I think it would go against that philosiphy to bring back a retro, outdated show like EO.

It's funny how everyone forgets he paid a bunch of people off to keep quiet about his child molesting (allegedly). This is a bad idea. Celebrate a child molester (allegedly) in a park inhabited by children....:brick:

BlackJackSavage

Even OJ was found innocent by a jury in the State of California....:shrug:

either way...I had seen EO when it was in the parks....HISTA is much better IMO....

jedimaster1227

This is a bad idea. MJ was accused of molesting young children. It was never proved, and maybe untrue, but my wife and I chose to stop buying MJ CDs. Just because Disney has the rights to the Captain EO stuff doesn't mean that they should use it. It's bad business for Disney as far as I am concerned. Really bad business, and I am disappointed that they are even considering it.

He was the biggest star in the music world for many years. Nobody can ever take that away. I was a big fan........and LOVED his work. But bringing back Captain EO to the parks? B.A.D. idea. It has nothing to do with the film. I remember it being pretty entertaining. It has everything to do with displaying a former relationship with a person who was accused of doing really bad things to Disney's target audience.

Without saying anything, they should just respectfully let Captain EO rest.

Maybe its just me, but I don't understand why you would stop buying his CDs, especially if you yourself aren't sure (or don't believe) he did anything wrong. He was accused--no proof was ever found and thus, no harm was ever done that can be proven.

Unlike Song of the South that has debatable contexts of time (though I myself grew up watching the film and would love to see it again, legally), Captain EO is not affected by an social issue of the present. Jackson's legal history and the accusations that went with him don't spot on a film that hasn't been shown in over a decade.

In my opinion, bad business is something that is socially and ethically wrong... I see nothing wrong with bringing back a quality film, both as a tribute and as a "renewed offering" in the face of a "tired placeholder." Disney has been looking for a way to refresh its 3-D theaters in Disneyland and Epcot for quite some time, and this is a perfect opportunity to do so. And while I don't expect to see Epcot get the same reprise that Disneyland will, it is good to see that Disney (and Kodak) have wised up enough to embrace the fans' call both for the meaning and for the money

Roxas

Maybe its just me, but I don't understand why you would stop buying his CDs, especially if you yourself aren't sure (or don't believe) he did anything wrong. He was accused--no proof was ever found and thus, no harm was ever done that can be proven.

Unlike Song of the South that has debatable contexts of time (though I myself grew up watching the film and would love to see it again, legally), Captain EO is not affected by an social issue of the present. Jackson's legal history and the accusations that went with him don't spot on a film that hasn't been shown in over a decade.

In my opinion, bad business is something that is socially and ethically wrong... I see nothing wrong with bringing back a quality film, both as a tribute and as a "renewed offering" in the face of a "tired placeholder." Disney has been looking for a way to refresh its 3-D theaters in Disneyland and Epcot for quite some time, and this is a perfect opportunity to do so. And while I don't expect to see Epcot get the same reprise that Disneyland will, it is good to see that Disney (and Kodak) have wised up enough to embrace the fans' call both for the meaning and for the money

He might have been aquitted of all charges but a lot of people view him as a paedophile, he did openly admit to sharing a bed with 11-12yo's as a consequence he is the last thing Disney should be showing. As a film I don't mind them showing it for a short while, but I can think of a hell of a lot of people who would have a problem with it, for example, my mother refuses to allow his music to be played in the house.

Despite his death glossing over his later years, that will soon fade and people will take offense.

That said for a short run Captain EO won't do any harm being shown, but some people might get incredibly offended, he is the anti-disney in that sense.

TP2000

In the 1960's Disney actor Tommy Kirk was caught while engaged in a lewd act on the grounds of the Disney Studios in Burbank. Walt barred him from any future Disney production or film, and he stopped being used by Disney Studios. This all happened many years before Mr. Kirk came out as a gay man.

Interestingly, Tommy Kirk is one of the panel speakers at the D23 Expo this week, so obviously someone over-ruled Walt's original decision and the whole lewd act issue is forgotten.

I'm not a big Michael Jackson fan, but I would think most people don't care about his past problems. I think the long lines of people waiting for Captain EO this winter at Disneyland, in place of HISTA playing to empty theaters, will be the most clear indication if this was a smart move on Disney's part.

EPCOT Explorer

Looks interesting..... :D

What are the chances that this may come over to EPCOT anyway?

All I care about.:lol:

And for those of you that don't like MJ, you are entitled to your opinion, and the right to say it.

However, if that's the case, just don't go to see it.:lol:
Ignoring the above whatchamatalking, I hope this means a black shirt with the purple 80's slick awesome Captain Eo logo, all faded and retro like an old shirt.

I don't care who you are, that'd be a cool shirt right there.

Yes. I would wear that.:lol:

The Conundrum

ah finally we can agree on something

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom