Disney to buy back Disney Store chain

Disnychk

No announcments yet

So I just called my SM about this Monday announcement thing. She has been with the company for 12 years (me 11) and she was unaware of any announcements being made today about stores closing. She also was unaware of SM's having to re interview for their jobs but she said that it makes sense as when a store goes though a remodel everyone has to re-interview and she has been though a couple and had to do that before.

Ceri
TDS CM scince May of 96 in Portland OR

Bug715

I talked to my managers over the weekend and neither of them said anything about the store closings being announced today.

tigger248

I talked to my managers over the weekend and neither of them said anything about the store closings being announced today.

Hi Kate! :wave:

lol...I asked the same managers that same question over the weekend and everyone there seems to be under the understanding that it will be a couple months before the announcement is made. I would think that it wouldn't happen until after the changeover takes place.

Bug715

Hi Kate! :wave:

lol...I asked the same managers that same question over the weekend and everyone there seems to be under the understanding that it will be a couple months before the announcement is made. I would think that it wouldn't happen until after the changeover takes place.

Hey!! Hopefully we find out soon because I want to know how many hours they'll give me this summer!!!! I hope our store stays open I only need the job for this summer then I'll be moving to FL and shoping in the real place but it would be nice for my parents to have a place to buy me a disney gift card! lol.

elizs77

I just went to the local Disney Store this afternoon and perused their horrible selection of merchandise. I overhead the mgr and asst mgr discussing store fixtures in terms of what was Children's Place and what was Disney. I asked when the turnover is supposed to happen, and they said that the goal is for all Disney Stores to be Disney owned by May 1!

tds4ever

Let's just go over what we do know.

We know that the Children's Place plans on getting this deal done by May 1st.

We know that the Walt Disney Company plans on taking 2/3 of the stores.

That leaves about 115 stores closing.

According to the press release, the Walt Disney Company will take over running 2/3 of the stores on May 1st. That means the other 1/3 will be closed by TCP. Disney will not likley want to be in the business of closing stores since they just got us back.

Also the Disney Company will be purchasing a little more than half the inventory from TCP. So look for that until after holiday this year.

It's sad because we have 4 stores in our area and we know that they will all not survive. It will be even sadder to see the people who are most excited about the sale find out they are out of a job. But thats business. And the Disney Company would like to keep all the ugly stuff for TCP to handle.

I wait to hear the news like the rest of us. But lets not forget those who will fall with the victory.

Bug715

Actually one of my managers said that TCP won't be closing the stores. It will be Disney who closes them. I think this means that we won't know who closes as soon as we could.

lauramarie

I was just in my store today. Manager received a call that a list was just published on the internet of what stores are staying open and what stores are closing.

Can't seem to find this list. Manager is not releasing the website because the employees of those that are closing have not been told yet. Along with all of the stores that are staying open.

If anyone finds this list, please post site here.

Thank you

The MaD Hatter

I'd love to see this "list" too. I've had my ear to the ground about possible store closings for a couple weeks now, even though I'm not a DS employee. None of my sources have seen a list, nor have I been able to find it on my own. This list is probably as legitimate as the announcement that was made on Monday. :ROFLOL:

I am curious to know, as I am considering applying for a PT job at The Disney Store near here, I will take my chances on whether they close it or not. I want it open but who knows....

But was wondering, what do PTCM's get, or not get (Or how was it prior to TCP)? In relation to Insurance, Benefits, Tickets, etc.

And also (this may be a tough question) Can anyone guess if the current TCP CM's will be grandfathered in and regain Disney benefits?

Thanks!

Bug715

How would they regain Disney benifits? There wern't really any. I know at a PT CM at TDS I can apply once a year to get 3 free 1 day passes and that's it. I think that store managers or higher had a few more benifits. I'm not sure about TCP people tho.

TheDisneyGirl02

I am curious to know, as I am considering applying for a PT job at The Disney Store near here, I will take my chances on whether they close it or not. I want it open but who knows....

But was wondering, what do PTCM's get, or not get (Or how was it prior to TCP)? In relation to Insurance, Benefits, Tickets, etc.

And also (this may be a tough question) Can anyone guess if the current TCP CM's will be grandfathered in and regain Disney benefits?

Thanks!

Nobody knows at this point what or if we'll get the Disney benefits we had before...to be perfectly honest with you, I don't remember all of them. As far as part time CMs, I don't believe they are able to get insurance or benefits...but I maybe wrong. Sorry I couldn't help more!

How would they regain Disney benifits? There wern't really any. I know at a PT CM at TDS I can apply once a year to get 3 free 1 day passes and that's it. I think that store managers or higher had a few more benifits. I'm not sure about TCP people tho.

The three free one day park tickets are the TCP benefits, not the old Disney benefits. Nobody knows what will come back or not come back to TDS CMs after everything is said and done. :)

tds4ever

Folks, I've seen the list. It's not pretty. My mananger sent it to me so I don't have the link. I would reprint it but this list is NOT official. I mean it's official because it's in a legal document, but is NOT the FINAL list. It can still change for better or worse for stores. Let's just say from this list nobody is safe. Not volume, not size, not model. It looks like some states loose every store. Let's hope this list changes.

Pioneer Hall

Got the word that my store (Freehold, NJ) is safe. We are currently closed for remodel anyway so it would be an easy way for Disney to put in whatever they want. Makes sense though since we are the second highest grossing store in the district and will be first once we are moved in to a smaller space (we had the largest Disney store I have ever seen outside the NYC one before its change over to WoD).

The MaD Hatter

Folks, I've seen the list. It's not pretty. My mananger sent it to me so I don't have the link. I would reprint it but this list is NOT official. I mean it's official because it's in a legal document, but is NOT the FINAL list. It can still change for better or worse for stores. Let's just say from this list nobody is safe. Not volume, not size, not model. It looks like some states loose every store. Let's hope this list changes.

There are few Disney Stores near where I live.

Rockford, IL
West Dundee, IL
Aurora, IL
Schaumburg, IL

Any word on any of these stores (good or bad)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom