Disney To Announce Shanghai Disneyland After Olympics

fosse76

Just FYI but there are six continents (Africa, Antarctica, Australia, Eurasia, North America, and South America)

There are 7 continents: Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.

Technically, there is no strict definition for "continent" other than a large land mass, so depending on where you live determines the number of continents. In Europe, oddly enough they keep Asia and Europe as separate continents, yet combine the Americas to be one continent. The National Geographic Society recognizes 7 continents.

****EDITED

I originally left out Europe! Europe and Asia are generally considered two separate continents for geopolitical reasons, but it is generally accepted that there are 7 continents. Though six wouldn't be complteley wrong (though if you consider North and South America ONE continent, then I can't see how anyone can justify Eurasia as two).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There are 7 continents: Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.

Technically, there is no strict definition for "continent" other than a large land mass, so depending on where you live determines the number of continents. In Europe, oddly enough they keep Asia and Europe as separate continents, yet combine the Americas to be one continent. The National Geographic Society recognizes 7 continents.

****EDITED

I originally left out Europe! Europe and Asia are generally considered two separate continents for geopolitical reasons, but it is generally accepted that there are 7 continents. Though six wouldn't be complteley wrong (though if you consider North and South America ONE continent, then I can't see how anyone can justify Eurasia as two).
It all depends on who you listen to. There are arguments for 5,6 and 7 continents however I know of none that only have 3.

DDuckFan130

My parents were born and raised in Nicaragua. They were taught that there are 5 continents. The Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Oceania (Australia, New Zealand).

:shrug:

As you were :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom