News Disney testing smart speakers in guest rooms at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
When this stuff came out we put the Google Home and Alexa we got for Christmas in our dining room. The TV in the living room would set one off and then they’d go at it back and forth until one of us intervened. It was funny until it got annoying, lol.

Nottamus

Last week we stayed at AKL Jambo and turned on the TV (which we never do)
And there was a Welcome message with our name and an easy link to hook up Bluetooth for your phone to get music playing on TV

Not sure if that’s new- or I’m late to the party

JaxFLBear

And there was a Welcome message with our name and an easy link to hook up Bluetooth for your phone to get music playing on TV

New to AKL in the last couple of months.

Ayla

The link to bluetooth is new. The Welcome message with name is not.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Installation of "Hey, Disney!" Alexa devices happening at some rooms at the Polynesian. Photo submitted to DFB -

2022-wdw-disney-world-hotels-disney-polynesian-village-resort-hey-disney-alexa-devices-instal...jpeg

Tom P.

So am I the only one who thinks having the activation word be the name of the place you're staying be a bad idea? Yeah, I know, it's supposed to be "Hey, Disney," not just "Disney," but based on how often my phone wakes up at just hearing the word "Google," I don't think this will end well.

No Name

Just reading this conversation for the first time, and it’s so distinctly wdwmagic that some people have angrily bought into this conspiracy theory in which you’re being listened to. The ONLY time your voice is recorded is after it hears you call its name, in this case, “Hey Disney” (admittedly not the most clever choice). You are not being recorded during sex.

Even if you were, you’re not the protagonist in a world of billions, and so you have lottery-level odds that any Amazon employee would ever hear it and then care. But that’s a moot point anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom