Disney Tattoos?

S_Grise

Original Poster
Since Disney is so meaningful to so many of us here, I was wondering if anyone has a Disney-related tattoo.

DisJosh

No Disney related tattoos at the moment. I'll be getting the original Epcot logo some time in the near future though. I need to pay for my trip in September first lol.

egionet

I have one!!! I have a black Mickey head on my lower back on the right hand side. It's kinda like my own hidden Mickey. I know someone who has the same one on the left hand side of her back!

AliciaLuvzDizne

i got one of those stick on tinkerbell ones last week at blizzard beach.
i liked it so much Im thinking of getting a real one
:)

and i like the hidden mickey idea :lol:

S_Grise

Original Poster
egionet said:
I have one!!! I have a black Mickey head on my lower back on the right hand side. It's kinda like my own hidden Mickey. I know someone who has the same one on the left hand side of her back!
That's exactly what I've been thinking about too - my own hidden Mickey. I haven't decided where.

aeillill

maelstrom said:
I will be getting the Epcot symbol as soon as I get over the idea of pain.

tattoos = not really painful, just uncomfortable.
When I got my tattoo (not disney related sadly) I went in their expecting a huge amount of pain but it just felt like I was being pinched. The only thing that hurt was when the gun went over my spine that was a bit painful, but not unbearable

DisJosh

aeillill said:
tattoos = not really painful, just uncomfortable.
When I got my tattoo (not disney related sadly) I went in their expecting a huge amount of pain but it just felt like I was being pinched. The only thing that hurt was when the gun went over my spine that was a bit painful, but not unbearable

It depends where you get the tattoo as well as your personal pain tollerance. Areas with little flesh or where nerve endings meet are particularly painful...neck, spine, elbow, inner wrist...

The typical first tattoo spot, the upper arm is ideal for scaredy cats because there tends to be alot of muscle tissue and/or flubb. :D

aeillill

DisJosh said:
It depends where you get the tattoo as well as your personal pain tollerance. Areas with little flesh or where nerve endings meet are particularly painful...neck, spine, elbow, inner wrist...

The typical first tattoo spot, the upper arm is ideal for scaredy cats because there tends to be alot of muscle tissue and/or flubb. :D

Very true pain tolerance does have a lot to do with it. What I should have said is: As someone with a very low pain tolerance who was scared out of their mind I didn't find it to be bad.

My recommendation would be to just do research, talk to people who have already gotten a tattoo, check out wherever you plan on getting it done and just make sure you're comfortable with the place. Your state of mind has a lot to do with it in my opinion. Also make sure you really want whatever you decide to go with I'd sit on the design idea for a while, if 6 months later you still really like the design then go for it, dont' make it a quick decision because chances are you may start regretting it down the road a bit.

S_Grise

Original Poster
aeillill said:
My recommendation would be to just do research, talk to people who have already gotten a tattoo, check out wherever you plan on getting it done and just make sure you're comfortable with the place. Your state of mind has a lot to do with it in my opinion. Also make sure you really want whatever you decide to go with I'd sit on the design idea for a while, if 6 months later you still really like the design then go for it, dont' make it a quick decision because chances are you may start regretting it down the road a bit.
This is very good advice. I waited years to get my first one. I've waited a long time for this next one, too. I've seen a few people with Tigger or some other character, but I've never seen a Mickey shape... but then if it's supposed to be a hidden Mickey, I guess you wouldn't see them!

Foolish Mortal

S_Grise said:
Since Disney is so meaningful to so many of us here, I was wondering if anyone has a Disney-related tattoo.

Hera are a some links to previous tattoo discussions.

[thread]5102[/thread]
[thread]43486[/thread]
[thread]39394[/thread]

Some great tats are described and I think some have pics. Enjoy :wave:

S_Grise

Original Poster
Can you tell me exactly what you searched for to find that? I did a search before I posted this and all I got were pages of people answering questions about themselves, one of the questions being "Tattoos? Piercings?" Thanks, Mortal. I'm still learning.

Foolish Mortal

S_Grise said:
Can you tell me exactly what you searched for to find that? I did a search before I posted this and all I got were pages of people answering questions about themselves, one of the questions being "Tattoos? Piercings?" Thanks, Mortal. I'm still learning.

Piece of cake ! You'll be teaching others soon :lol: This site is addicting and the more time you spend here the more you learn your way around :D

When you click on the search feature up top of the page, I used the advanced search feature. I typed in the word tattoo as my search word and at the bottom of that page I used the show threads option.

999Ghosts

Very Special Disney Guest Comes to Dallas NFFC

First if any WDWMAGIC Members are in the Dallas/Fort Worth then please read this!!! Dallas/Fort Worth TX does have A CHAPTER OF THE NFFC. If you do not know what the NFFC is, it is THE OFFICIAL CLUB FOR DISNEYANA ENTHUSIASTS. This month we have a great Disney Guest, George-The-Disney-Tattoo-Guy. If you have never seen him in Parks, TV, Magazines etc, he has over 1,800 Disney Tattoos and is one of the coolest, nicest guy you will meet. This is your chance to sit down and meet him! He is also a Professional Magician and will be performing his Magic Act. Afterwards George will talk about Disney and his tattoos. Contact me if you want to come see what THE DALLAS/FORT WORTH NFFC is all about...

wannab@dis

999Ghosts said:
Very Special Disney Guest Comes to Dallas NFFC

First if any WDWMAGIC Members are in the Dallas/Fort Worth then please read this!!! Dallas/Fort Worth TX does have A CHAPTER OF THE NFFC. If you do not know what the NFFC is, it is THE OFFICIAL CLUB FOR DISNEYANA ENTHUSIASTS. This month we have a great Disney Guest, George-The-Disney-Tattoo-Guy. If you have never seen him in Parks, TV, Magazines etc, he has over 1,800 Disney Tattoos and is one of the coolest, nicest guy you will meet. This is your chance to sit down and meet him! He is also a Professional Magician and will be performing his Magic Act. Afterwards George will talk about Disney and his tattoos. Contact me if you want to come see what THE DALLAS/FORT WORTH NFFC is all about...
Pssst... posting the same thing in multiple threads is frowned on. :wave:

Laura

Interesting this thread got bumped. I just designed a tattoo that I want to get last night. I took a design I found online for an ankle band and I erased all the butterflies in it and replaced them with "hidden mickeys". I'm hoping to get it done this weekend.

I'm the kind of girl who changes her email address like 4 times a year, so I've decided that tattoos aren't for me :) However, I will probably indulge in a nice little henna Mickey on my ankle once summer rolls around!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom