disney swat team

epcot71

Original Poster
after all the horrific things that happened with NY-in which i lost my best freind-lehman brothers stock broker-73 floor.;i know disney has an emergency operations center for hurricanes,bomb threats etc. i know disney has an extensive security force as well.
my question is does disney have a special team of some sorts like a swat team or like some type of special forces team made up of their best to respnd to terrorist attacks or things like
that????
i was in the air force and might get called back to active duty-i dont want to leave my family but like my fellow americans we will have to hunt out and find these monsters!:mad:

Monorail Lime

Not as far as I know. I imagine that if anything big ever went down, they'd just get all the guests they can out of the area and call in the real police or federal agents.

Reedy Creek has a bomb detection unit and I'm pretty sure a disposal unit too.

There have always been rumors of high level security agents with advanced training, ability to take firearms into the parks, etc., but I don't believe it's true. The liability risks would be too large, better to leave it up to the true pros.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Disney has no swat team. Reedy Creek has a bomb detection and disposal unit and Disney Security has search and rescue/bomb sniffing dogs. If a swat team was ever needed it would be provided by the Orange or Osceola County Sheriff's Office.

mightyduck

Originally posted by epcot71
after all the horrific things that happened with NY-in which i lost my best freind-lehman brothers stock broker-73 floor.;i know disney has an emergency operations center for hurricanes,bomb threats etc. i know disney has an extensive security force as well.
my question is does disney have a special team of some sorts like a swat team or like some type of special forces team made up of their best to respnd to terrorist attacks or things like
that????
i was in the air force and might get called back to active duty-i dont want to leave my family but like my fellow americans we will have to hunt out and find these monsters!:mad:

Epcot71, my heart goes out to you and your family in this time of grief. You are in my thoughts...

epcot71

Original Poster
mighty duck- thank you
its amazing how this has turned this country around
we are all pulling together and you see american flags evrywhere-i dont think i have ever seen the amount of patriotism like i have seen over the last week-im truly proud to be an american

aquamoptop

:( I am very sorry for your loss. I am in awe of how far reaching the devistation is. Take care of yourself and God bless you and your family.

Al

Sorry to hear about your sad loss.

I know it is probably no comfort, but the whole of Britain, are thinking about you all, in their prayers.

:)

DisneyFreak

Sorry to hear of your lose epcot. I too was missing a friend in New York until I heard from him yesterday. I'm still waiting to hear from an in-law at the Pentagon. We all have been affected by this horrific tragedy.

To answer your question, Disney does not have it's own special units. Remember back to Jun/Jul 2000 when that Father took his kids and a Disney employee hostage at the Boardwalk? That was all state and city officials on hand.

Figaro

I am also so sorry for your loss!

I just wanted to add, when we were at EPCOT on thursday or friday, we did see the bomb sniffing dogs walking around the turnstiles and garbage cans. My 2 year old was happily yelling out "doggie" as my heart sank to come face to face with the reality. Even in Disney World, they are needed to keep people safe.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Figaro
Even in Disney World, they are needed to keep people safe.

Of course they do. WDW is a major sign of American Capitalism and success and therefore is a major target. Disney is definitely a major terrorist target and I wouldn't be surprised if major steps to "beef-up" security are made.

Figaro

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not naive. Trust me, as soon as we landed in Orlando that day, I thought of the possibilities. If someone REALLY wants to hurt a country even more, go after their children and families. What better place to do that than Disney World?
Trust me, I know there are evil people in the world ( I worked in a lockup facility for 3 years interviewing criminals). I just meant that I go to Disney to escape reality and it was so depressing to have that fantasy destroyed.
I am always aware of the security needed there, but before it was low key and behind the scenes. It didn't bother me at all to have our bags checked at the gates of the parks. Something about seeing an actual bomb dog at work 10 feet away is a little scary.

DanStat

I don't think terrorists would target a family place...they usually go for the money. They would try to affect the economy. But, I'm sure that SWAT teams could arrive anywhere in the Orlando/Kissimmie area within 30 minutes. I think Disney is safe.

mej

Originally posted by Figaro
Something about seeing an actual bomb dog at work 10 feet away is a little scary. [/B]

The really scary thing is that you can get used to it! At 35 years old, I have known nothing different. Sniffer dogs, armed police, heavily armed soldiers, armoured cars etc - it's part of life for my family.It just seems sad to think about that in Disney.

Figaro

The really scary thing is that you can get used to it! At 35 years old, I have known nothing different. Sniffer dogs, armed police, heavily armed soldiers, armoured cars etc - it's part of life for my family.It just seems sad to think about that in Disney.

I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for you! We try to keep up to date on whats happening in Northern Ireland. Most of my husband's family still lives in Ireland and a few have connections to Northern Ireland. It's especially sad seeing the children having to live that way.

mej

To be honest, we live a very ordinary existance most of the time- despite what you may see on the TV! I am a teacher, and like most schools in NI, no-one asks whst religion you are when you enrol. There are "hot spots", but most cities/countries have those, and you know to stay away. Our standard of living is high (as are the prices!) and the vast majority of people are "the salt of the earth". People here are SO friendly - I have a fiend visiting from Canada at the moment and she is amazed at how total strangers speak to her in queues/ at check outs etc! I only hope and pray that the sights of 11th Sept in USA will show the minority in NI what could happen if they don't (to put it colloquially!) wise up!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom