Disney Survey

Heyyall

Original Poster
Did anyone else get a postcard in the mail to take a Disney survey? I went to the site and took it, and it asked me if i would use a package that offered a 40% discount on the room if I book 180 days in advance. Did anyone else take this survery, and if so, do you think they might actually start to use that package? The websites www.disneysurvey.com, but you need a password and stuff.

jriddle

Yes, we got a post card to take the survey also. It asked if we would be willing to get 25% off our room if reserved 180 days before our arrival. The catch was you had to pay 50% of the total up front, & then "THEY" would tell you which resort you would be staying at 2 weeks before you arrived. NO WAY!!!

Disneyfalcon

I got a postcard a couple of weeks ago about our stay at the Contemporary. I didn't get any questions about room discounts, so maybe it was a different kind of survey.

Interesting though.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by jriddle
Yes, we got a post card to take the survey also. It asked if we would be willing to get 25% off our room if reserved 180 days before our arrival. The catch was you had to pay 50% of the total up front, & then "THEY" would tell you which resort you would be staying at 2 weeks before you arrived. NO WAY!!!
Are you kidding??

I guess you'd know what kind of resort you were staying in by how much they ask you to pay up front?

I'd hate to pay an arm and a leg, only to show up and be like "SUPRISEEEEEE, you're in POP CENTURY!!"

wannabeBelle

Ive taken a few of them, but nothing like this. I wouldnt mind getting a major discount if they could guarantee the room level ( Value, Moderate or Deluxe) then fine. That I could live with as I Am not into the Values generally. Also I would think that that sort of plan would work better the opposite way because I would assume this would be to fill in the empty resort rooms in a particular resort, no? Belle

Pixie Duster

:wave: WDW Research Cast Member right here :wave:

There are a TON of surveys that we do. The two that are being referred to are feasibility studies so that we can find out what kind of offerings would succeed. There are a couple versions we are doing right now pertaining to the hotel discounts.

cloudboy

Just out of curiosity, that wen site - was it disney.com or something else? It almost sounds a little fishy to me - I have seen some ads that look alot like "official surveys" but are in fact jjst marketing ploys.

s25843

Originally posted by cloudboy
Just out of curiosity, that wen site - was it disney.com or something else? It almost sounds a little fishy to me - I have seen some ads that look alot like "official surveys" but are in fact jjst marketing ploys.

Don't worry, they are official Disney surveys, I usually get one after every stay

wannabeBelle

Hey Pixie Duster, As I said before if you need me to do a survey, please feel free to ask!!! I actually enjoy doing them and I like to think that my voice will make a difference!! Belle

Heyyall

Original Poster
Originally posted by 77johnson77
I like doing them as well, I'd love to get onew I have'nt got one in a while, how do u get on survey lisyts

I think it's if you've stayed there recently, and I think it might have something to do with those people with the electronic clipboards when you enter the park.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by disneyprep50321
We go every year, spend lots of money, and never get one. :(

Thats why, your visit could almost be deemed guaranteed, so why bother about what you want, after all your going anyway. Im sure that somewhere theres a bean counter with a spreadsheet working that very thing out.:D

Pixie Duster

Ok kids, our surveys are done at random.. We cannot ask you to do a survey simply because you spend a lot of money. We have to use a random method so that we get a good sample with a wide variety. If we only did surveys from people who wanted to we would have surveys that represented only a small percent of the guest population. I really do appreciate your enthusiasm and willingness to help us out. Hopefully you will someday fall into our random method, everyone sort of has their own different one. Please do not be upset if after staying at a resort of ours and you do not get the opportunity to do a survey. But again thank you for your interest.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by Pixie Duster
There are a TON of surveys that we do. The two that are being referred to are feasibility studies so that we can find out what kind of offerings would succeed. There are a couple versions we are doing right now pertaining to the hotel discounts.
Pixie Duster - Do you ever send your surveys to overseas guests ? What is the criteria to receivea survey or are addresses chosen at random ?
Finally - I always book about 12 months in advance - do I qualify for a 40% discount ?

alice

I don't think that was a real "disney" survey, wouldn't it be on the go network?, and i think the webpage would be alot prettier and higer tech than that! I wouldn't give them any money if i were you...

s25843

Originally posted by alice
I don't think that was a real "disney" survey, wouldn't it be on the go network?, and i think the webpage would be alot prettier and higer tech than that! I wouldn't give them any money if i were you...

What???

Pixie Duster

When I am in the parks gathering e-mails I usually get a few people from overseas. The surveys that are sent to resort guests are probably done by a number. Every fifth person or something. That's not my area, I am a Field Researcher, which means I am out there in the parks surveying guests.

And to those that question if it is a Disney survey or not. The background of the website is a graphic of WDW sort of like a map. At the end of the survey there will be a graphic of our logo Walt Disney World Research. We do not make it all fancy and pretty because we do not want to influence the survey, or bias it in any way. And Alice what money are you talking about??? The surveys are not for any money we just want to make things better.

s25843

Originally posted by Pixie Duster
to those that question if it is a Disney survey or not. The background of the website is a graphic of WDW sort of like a map. At the end of the survey there will be a graphic of our logo Walt Disney World Research. We do not make it all fancy and pretty because we do not want to influence the survey, or bias it in any way.

Here is the Logo for those who doubt

Attachments

• disneyresort_researchlogo2.gif
    disneyresort_researchlogo2.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 81

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom